Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are staying off-site but I love the magic bands. Does it make sense to buy them? We don't have a dining plan either.

It's basically gate entrance, fastpass and photopass you use them for when off site.. Now if your getting memory maker than you'll be pulling out your ticket a lot to get more photos and some of the rides you must have them (7dmt, tot, fea) if you want to get the ride photos and video. to save money I sometimes recommend just getting them for the kids and that usually works out perfect for ride photos and they love scanning their bands for things like the photopass photographer. if that's the case the adults will still need to keep taking their ticket out for fastpass so you decide if the wristband is worth the cost.

(side note: there is also some times that disney spreads the pixie dust with it. some have reported getting a txt message asking if they left a ride after waiting without riding was because the wait time was wrong and then gifted many use anytime fastpasses for their honest feedback). this is not all that common anymore but without a magic band, you have no possible way to get them.

Thank you both for clarifying! They were purchased before the price increase. The room was a seperate purchase after we realized we were staying longer. Thanks again!! Can't wait!!

My magic band customization thing has disappeared for the last part of our trip. We have a package booked for 3 nights at CBR, that shows 7 days left to customize. Then we go on a cruise and come back for 1 night at AKL. The room only bands have disappeared from MDE. Is this because we are going so close together? I didn't decline them as we wanted both.

Not really magic band related but a previous post made me wonder... we have park tickets with our package and plan to save one day for our return portion. It's within 14 days. No problem because we will have checked in for the first part to activate the package and tickets right.?.

Thanks!

Here's my situation: we arrive 11/19. Last day to customize band was 10/19. This is like our 10th trip since the advent of MB's so I'm very familiar with the whole process but something is weird this time. Ever since 10/19 it says "hurry! your bands are due to ship any day!" but haven't shipped yet which is longer than normal. Also since the 19th it says in red that the site is having trouble loading some or all MB info at this time so please refresh or try back......but, all MB info. for next months' stay, plus all our older bands are all showing.

Technically we don't need any bands for this stay; DH and I have AP bands, one DS has a Sorcerer Mickey band he's using and the other DS has 7 or 8 older bands he can choose from to use. I guess I'm just anal about everything working the way it's supposed to and am wondering if this will straighten out and they'll ship or if I'll need to call.

If you look at the official faq for magicbands on disney's site you'll find a section that says during peak times of years, there may be delays in shipment. you'll get them in time, they just have a lot to send out right now. If your concerned, call them up and ask about it.

I've also had that message (that they are due to ship), and I had already gotten them in the mail... lol

I've also had that message (that they are due to ship), and I had already gotten them in the mail... lol
Excellent thanks, that's what I was wondering :) I'd sworn I'd read other reports before of people getting that message, the message never changing but yet their MB showed up.

We are also arriving on 11/19 and we received our bands in the mail on Monday. You might want to call and ask if you don't receive them in a few days.

Magic bands are included with all Disney resort stays.
If you'd like to purchase your own in addition that is perfectly fine.
You can use magic bands interchangeably.
You could also deny the ones that are included if you'd like but they will not credit you anything because its included in the price of your resort stay.

Last edited:
what Queen means by interchangeably is that you'll be able to use either band you want if you have both the band that comes from your resort stay and the one that you purchase. the bands are linked to your MDE account along with your park tickets and resort reservation. since they're all linked together, you'd be able to use either band to open your resort room door, go through the fast pass line at the attractions, etc.

I have a question. I am thinking about getting the waterpark annual passes. The website states no magicbands with purchase, but can we buy magicbands and have the passes link up to the magicbands through MDE? Any info will be appreciated

I have a question. I am thinking about getting the waterpark annual passes. The website states no magicbands with purchase, but can we buy magicbands and have the passes link up to the magicbands through MDE? Any info will be appreciated

yes but you actually don't link anything to the bands, you just link the aps and magicbands to a person in mde and you are all set. You also get bands included with a room reservation if you want to stay overnight for a ministaycation or do the throwaway room angle. a throwaway campsite would be lower cost if your ok with solid color bands for a family of 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter