Everything You Need To Know About Discount Codes

I will be at WDW April 14-22. Of course, I'd love a discount!! I am probably looking into this too much and should just be patient before imagining all the "what ifs", but I can't! I am worried that IF a discount comes out, it will begin on April 15 (since the 14th is still holiday pricing). If that is the case, what can I do to still get the discount for the remainder of my vacation? If it is a room only discount, I know I can leave my dates the way they are and just get the discount on the nights it is offered. But what if it is kids stay and play free? We aren't planning on going to a park the 14, so should I just make that day room only? IF we decided to go to a water park that day, could I pick our tickets up early? What about if it were free dining? Thanks for any advice.

Thanks for all the great info.

Sorry if this has been answered already. (This is hypothetical; not for what's out there currently.) Let's say there's a room only discount and a free dining discount out at the same time. Can you request one room through the free dining package and then request a connecting room using the room only discount? Or would the connecting room have to be at the rack rate? Thx...

Did you ever get an answer on this? I was wondering the same thing.

Thanks for all the great info.

Sorry if this has been answered already. (This is hypothetical; not for what's out there currently.) Let's say there's a room only discount and a free dining discount out at the same time. Can you request one room through the free dining package and then request a connecting room using the room only discount? Or would the connecting room have to be at the rack rate? Thx...
I'll give it a shot :confused3 A previous question was somewhat related and the answer was basically one or the other BUT... Technically you could IMHO take one room free dining, but all parties in that room would have had to pay for park tickets and room included in that rack rate but you would get your free dining for all those in that one room. You could technically get a second room (if available) with connecting doors at RO discount, but the party in that second room, would not get free dining nor would they have park passes. This is what we are doing. My BIL and SIL with their kids are doing the FD and we jumped in to join them on vacation but already had our tickets and we do not like FD (limits our choices) so we got a RO discount and have made a request for adjoining rooms. Request is made but ONLY if available. We are hoping for at the least, the same building and same hallway... Going to GF with 30% RO discount :banana:

I'll give it a shot :confused3 A previous question was somewhat related and the answer was basically one or the other BUT... Technically you could IMHO take one room free dining, but all parties in that room would have had to pay for park tickets and room included in that rack rate but you would get your free dining for all those in that one room. You could technically get a second room (if available) with connecting doors at RO discount, but the party in that second room, would not get free dining nor would they have park passes. This is what we are doing. My BIL and SIL with their kids are doing the FD and we jumped in to join them on vacation but already had our tickets and we do not like FD (limits our choices) so we got a RO discount and have made a request for adjoining rooms. Request is made but ONLY if available. We are hoping for at the least, the same building and same hallway... Going to GF with 30% RO discount :banana:

Thank you :) I think I will give Disney a call and switch one of our rooms to the RO discount. Just checked online and still available for our time period.

Thanks for your help...

Did you ever get an answer on this? I was wondering the same thing.
Not until yesterday:

I'll give it a shot A previous question was somewhat related and the answer was basically one or the other BUT... Technically you could IMHO take one room free dining, but all parties in that room would have had to pay for park tickets and room included in that rack rate but you would get your free dining for all those in that one room. You could technically get a second room (if available) with connecting doors at RO discount, but the party in that second room, would not get free dining nor would they have park passes. This is what we are doing. My BIL and SIL with their kids are doing the FD and we jumped in to join them on vacation but already had our tickets and we do not like FD (limits our choices) so we got a RO discount and have made a request for adjoining rooms. Request is made but ONLY if available. We are hoping for at the least, the same building and same hallway... Going to GF with 30% RO discount

I thought this might be the case. I'm glad you found a way for it to work with your group. I hope you get connecting/adjoining or at least close. It sounds fun; I'm trying to talk my bro and SIL into doing the same thing. I was interested in doing this for the extra space. I have a feeling I'll have to get a family suite or just stick to one room. Or maybe rent dvc points and decide whether to buy the dining plan oop. Hmm...

40% discount after you signed up for credit card? I've had the Disney Visa card for about 2 years and never got anything like that!! :(

Hey all. Thank you very much for explaining the codes. That helps. We want to go in June but we are hoping for some kind of discount. Please let me know if something becomes available.

We received the Game On postcard generically addressed to our last name @ our address. (Dates won't work for us & it's only for 4 nights--we stay 7.)I get other general info sent to my email address on file with Disney. It's my name on our 'account' on the webpage. BUT--does anyone know if my DH might have different codes under his name since his the first one on any of our past reservations? Currently booked under the spring room discount for our June 2012 trip but would like to see if there are other options out there just to compare offers.

We received the Game On postcard generically addressed to our last name @ our address. (Dates won't work for us & it's only for 4 nights--we stay 7.)I get other general info sent to my email address on file with Disney. It's my name on our 'account' on the webpage. BUT--does anyone know if my DH might have different codes under his name since his the first one on any of our past reservations? Currently booked under the spring room discount for our June 2012 trip but would like to see if there are other options out there just to compare offers.

Just so you know it has been my expierence with the Game on offer you recieve via snail mail that if you call you may just find out it is good for other dates than the ones specified.............Ours said Dec 1-Dec 022, turned out it was good for the entire year and I was able to use it for our Oct vacation in 2010, also the 4 days is just an example, Disney will usually show Mon- Thurs as an example for price as weekends(Fri & Sat Nights) are at a higher rate.
Nothing to lose by calling to see if the pin might work for your dates, a lot to lose($$$) if you just toss it in the trash without calling

Don't know if this was posted already, but thought I'd share. We had booked a 5 night free dining for this Jan when the offer was still active. We later decided to add 2 more nights. The offer had expired, but we were allowed to add the nights on to our existing reservation, continuing the free dining for the longer stay.

We received a pin code in the mail in my husband's name in November for dates in 2012, but we let it expire because we didn't think we were going to be able to go this year. We just decided though that we can't make it another year without a trip, so when I called to book, they told us we had a pin code under my name now. Not sure how it works, but I think it's worth it to call and ask. We are now able to stay at CSR our favorite resort! :yay:

Just so you know it has been my expierence with the Game on offer you recieve via snail mail that if you call you may just find out it is good for other dates than the ones specified.............Ours said Dec 1-Dec 022, turned out it was good for the entire year and I was able to use it for our Oct vacation in 2010, also the 4 days is just an example, Disney will usually show Mon- Thurs as an example for price as weekends(Fri & Sat Nights) are at a higher rate.
Nothing to lose by calling to see if the pin might work for your dates, a lot to lose($$$) if you just toss it in the trash without calling

Yeah, it said on the postcard to call regarding other dates, lengths of stay and accommodations. I got excited! :woohoo: Called, explained to the CM what I was calling about & what the card said, told him we were interested in other dates and for more nights (didn't tell him we were already booked-didn't want him to think they didn't need to extend the offer since we're already planning on going.) He did some checking...but the only thing he offered was the spring discount (which we're already booked under.) :sad2: Oh well, like you said, nothing lost. We're still booked but now hoping for the free dining that's rumored to be coming for our dates. The room discount is nice & we had planned to go OOP this trip (have always had free dining.) But if the free dining comes out I think we'll take it. It will save us much more than the spring room discount.

Yeah, it said on the postcard to call regarding other dates, lengths of stay and accommodations. I got excited! :woohoo: Called, explained to the CM what I was calling about & what the card said, told him we were interested in other dates and for more nights (didn't tell him we were already booked-didn't want him to think they didn't need to extend the offer since we're already planning on going.) He did some checking...but the only thing he offered was the spring discount (which we're already booked under.) :sad2: Oh well, like you said, nothing lost. We're still booked but now hoping for the free dining that's rumored to be coming for our dates. The room discount is nice & we had planned to go OOP this trip (have always had free dining.) But if the free dining comes out I think we'll take it. It will save us much more than the spring room discount.

I hope FD comes out for the dates of your trip, FD does not work as well for DH and I since there are just two of us and we tend to stay Deluxe. We are booked with the RO GP Spring Offer too for 30% which I had to change resorts to get since CR was excluded- only 5% discount:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter