• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything You Need To Know About Discount Codes

We are going 10/30 - 11/09/11. This is the 1st time in years we are not going in Sept. during the free dining. B/c part of my trip is work related I am able to afford to go at this time. I was just wondering if anyone knows of any discounts or dinning offers that were offered during this time in the past. I would really hope to take advantage of those savings and may go to the mnsshp or the christmas party.

My teenage son thought he would be funny, went into my WDW account and ordered a free vacation DVD under the name Ben Dover. Juvenile joke, AUGH! So- now we get advertisement materials from WDW for the Dover Family! it was sort of funny until I got a free dining pin code in the mail for Ben Dover during the exact June 2011 dates I would need it for. So- I called the Reservationist and embarrasingly told her the whole sordid story. She said since it is in the wrong name, I can't use it. Even though it came to my address and it is my child that pulled this. There is no Ben Dover so, obvious his name can't be on teh ressie.

Anyone ever have any success getting pin code name issues straightened out? So frustrated...:confused3

Yes. We received a pin code to our CORRECT name and email address, but when I called to make my ressie, DIS had the wrong street address (in another state :eek:) associated with the PIN code! Since I couldn't confirm the address to the CM because I had never LIVED in that state, CM said we couldn't use the PIN code. I persisted and said that since it seemed to be a DIS clerical error, the policy seems unfair. CM would NOT relent on this PIN code offer, BUT she did get me some other type of "mystery" discount that she would not disclose. I was very appreciative of her hard work to get to the bottom of the issue. :worship:

Oh, and funny stuff on that Ben Dover! :teeth:

Do they have PIN codes for a certain % off of suites or are they for standard rooms only?

how do you get a pin code? I've signed up on all the disney sites, asked for a video, etc. How do you know you have one?

Pin codes 'I think' are like finding a needle in a haystack. Or in this case a 'pin' in a haystack?:)
I've signed up everywhere as well and had a dvd ordered but still no special info. I'm going in November and will be staying deluxe as it stands they still are offering me 'rack rates' so there is no incentive at this time to commit:confused3

Sure wish they would sweeten the pot though :wizard:

"how do you get a pin code? I've signed up on all the disney sites, asked for a video, etc. How do you know you have one? "
Just found this:2011 Disney World Free Dining Pin Code Offers for Summer Dates Being Received
Mar 4th, 2011 by AJ.
UPDATE 4-28-2011: Disney World Free Dining in August and September has been announced for Disney Visa cardholders. The General Public will be allowed to book this deal on May 2nd, 2011.

UPDATE: Just heard from a reader on the facebook page that codes are also being distributed for Fall dates.

Thanks to Erin Foster for the update that select guests (who have given DisneyWorld.com their email address for special offers) are receiving the chance to book free dining for arrivals most nights from 4/23–8/13/11 via email with a special one-time-use pin code.

Deluxe and Villa resort packages are being offered with the Standard Disney Dining Plan for free; Value and Moderate resort packages are being offered the Quick-Service Disney Dining Plan for free.

Guests must book by 4/30/11, and must use the pin code included in the email. Hopefully this will develop into a general public offer.

unfortunately I do not qualify for dining regardless as I already have tickets... unless... I decide NOT to use my tickets and book the package AND save my tickets for a future visit as tickets expire 14 days AFTER you first use them? And it's not like I'll NEVER use them again? :woohoo: Just need to wait and see and maybe be extra nice to dh???? :rolleyes1 hee hee

"how do you get a pin code? I've signed up on all the disney sites, asked for a video, etc. How do you know you have one? "
Just found this:2011 Disney World Free Dining Pin Code Offers for Summer Dates Being Received
Mar 4th, 2011 by AJ.
UPDATE 4-28-2011: Disney World Free Dining in August and September has been announced for Disney Visa cardholders. The General Public will be allowed to book this deal on May 2nd, 2011.

UPDATE: Just heard from a reader on the facebook page that codes are also being distributed for Fall dates.

Thanks to Erin Foster for the update that select guests (who have given DisneyWorld.com their email address for special offers) are receiving the chance to book free dining for arrivals most nights from 4/23–8/13/11 via email with a special one-time-use pin code.

Deluxe and Villa resort packages are being offered with the Standard Disney Dining Plan for free; Value and Moderate resort packages are being offered the Quick-Service Disney Dining Plan for free.

Guests must book by 4/30/11, and must use the pin code included in the email. Hopefully this will develop into a general public offer.

I'm confused - are these dates for next year? Should this be book by 4/30/12? Dates 4/23 -8/13/12? :confused3

My ex boyfriend and I went to disney two years ago....today, I recieved a postcard wtih a pin in his name. Our names should be together in the disney system as we went on the trip together....however, the postcard is just in his name.....do you think I will be able to use the discount?

We are going 10/30 - 11/09/11. This is the 1st time in years we are not going in Sept. during the free dining. B/c part of my trip is work related I am able to afford to go at this time. I was just wondering if anyone knows of any discounts or dinning offers that were offered during this time in the past. I would really hope to take advantage of those savings and may go to the mnsshp or the christmas party.

:cool1:FREE DINING GAVINSMOM. I'm waiting for discount room rates. Historically offered anytime up until Sept.24th... Already have tickets so free dining not the best deal for me BUT YEEHAW for you. Enjoy:hug: lucky duck

Anyone Know;

Yes, they have a current dinning package on going for the dates you are going. I know because we are going in Oct too. Go to the WDW main page and look under tickets and packages. There you will click on special offers. Click on the Free Dining offer with the picture of Timon form Lion King.

Also if you have not done so already. I would the reservations # and ask if you or your wife have a pin code under your names. Not everyone has one, they are random. I called today and found I have a 30% code which will save us more then the free dining.

Hope this helps.

sooooo..... if you get an offer by email or mail for a discount at a resort, can you not use that offer along with free dining? How does that work?:confused3

Kicking around options for a group of 11 of us to make a trip next year and just wondered if it's possible (in the unlikely event that I receive an offer) to use both......

TIA....

sooooo..... if you get an offer by email or mail for a discount at a resort, can you not use that offer along with free dining? How does that work?:confused3

Kicking around options for a group of 11 of us to make a trip next year and just wondered if it's possible (in the unlikely event that I receive an offer) to use both......

TIA....

No, you can't combine a free dining offer with other discounts like room/ticket discounts. The free dining offers involve buying a Magic Your Way package with a room and park tickets, paying rack rate for the rooms, but including the Dining Plan. If there's more than one discount offer (free dining vs. others) available to you, you have to pick which one works best for your situation.

Thanks for all the great info.

Sorry if this has been answered already. (This is hypothetical; not for what's out there currently.) Let's say there's a room only discount and a free dining discount out at the same time. Can you request one room through the free dining package and then request a connecting room using the room only discount? Or would the connecting room have to be at the rack rate? Thx...

I'm putting it out there into the universe: I really, REALLY, R-E-A-L-L-Y want a 40% off discount pin or code or pin-code. Please code gods, send one my way. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter