• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

Guardian of Galaxy in Epcot needs to join the virtue line, 7am and 1pm. No worry as long as you click the refresh button at 7 am and you will be in the line. Expected to board around noon for 7am, around 6 pm for 1 pm. There is one-hour window so it is plenty of time even if you are at the dinning table.

Warming, it is very dizzy ride if you get motion sickness. For me, it took me around two hours to recover....
This thread is dedicated to VQ for Guardians and Tron. Unfortunately not all of your information is correct.

In your case you joined at 7AM and rode around noon but others were riding from park opening until the 7AM VQs were all called. There is no way to know what time a VQ will be called until a guest knows what number they are assigned and how the attraction is behaving that day.

The return time for Guardians is not enforced. Once your VQ is called a guest can ride from then until park close.

For those concerned about motion sickness I would recommend reading this thread which discusses it in great detail and offers suggestions.

How long have boarding groups been lasting at 7am for Tron? We're on a flight that won't land until 8:30 and plan to go to MK that day. Do we have a shot? It's this Friday, which is a party day. I've read they've lasted longer on party days, but with this being a Friday with a holiday weekend coming up I'm thinking it may be busier.

How long have boarding groups been lasting at 7am for Tron? We're on a flight that won't land until 8:30 and plan to go to MK that day. Do we have a shot? It's this Friday, which is a party day. I've read they've lasted longer on party days, but with this being a Friday with a holiday weekend coming up I'm thinking it may be busier.
The VQ is gone very quickly; however, the paid LL tend to last several hours, so if you’re willing to pay for it, chances are decent it may be there when you land, although the holiday weekend might affect availability.

VQs are normally gone within seconds but as @SkyGuy said you may be able to purchase ILL$ if you try as soon as you land. Those tend to last longer but with it being a party day, if it's an early park opening those may be gone by 8:30 too.

I have no idea how virtual queues work, and never had a need to, but on the next trip I want to try Gideons cookies, so it's time to learn. Do I go to Gideons, and if they're using the virtual queue, do I get in line for that? Then will they call me back to come back for a shorter line? And when I join the virtual queue, will they give me some idea how long before they call me back? And when I do get the call/text to come back, how much of a lead time do they give me? Like "Within the next half hour"? Hope these cookies are worth it!

You got it.

You go to the store and get in a line. You give them your number. They send you a text when it's your turn.

Yes, they give you some idea how long before they text you - but it's not very accurate.

I don't think they give you a window, but they ask you to get back within 15 minutes of the text. They won't turn you away if you show up later in the day.

How do you get to ride Tron at the Halloween party
We just attended Halloween Party Oct 5 and I was able to purchase a LL for it in the morning. Joined queue at 6 pm but did not get on til 11:30 PM by that time we were on our way out of the park with a 7 and 10 year old!

When we were there in August I had no trouble getting a virtual queue at 6pm. Just stopped inside the doorway of a store at the correct time. Before this trip we hadn’t been to Disney for ten years and I was quite worried about getting queues as I don’t like to get up early and had no plans to pay for Genie+. We got every queue we tried for, and always at 1pm or 6pm. Did Tron two days in a row using the 6pm queue. One was for party day, then the next day was extended evening hours.

When we were there in August I had no trouble getting a virtual queue at 6pm. Just stopped inside the doorway of a store at the correct time. Before this trip we hadn’t been to Disney for ten years and I was quite worried about getting queues as I don’t like to get up early and had no plans to pay for Genie+. We got every queue we tried for, and always at 1pm or 6pm. Did Tron two days in a row using the 6pm queue. One was for party day, then the next day was extended evening hours.
I would not do those parks without genie plus and LL. Nothing to compare it to as have not been in disney maybe 20 years ago?? The one ride we had to stand in line for was Jungle Cruise which I still do not get the popularity of that ride nor did the 3 other adults with me but nonetheless was over an hour wait. Same goes for Universal Studios as we got 2 days of unlimited Fast passes by booking one night at Hard Rock. Still could not get on the Harry Potter ride that was excluded from that pass and lines were 90 minutes both days we were there..Just ran out of time even with express passes there but all good impossible to do it all and kids had a blast! All that matters end of day! Probably could skip genie plus in Animal Kingdom but not Hollywood Studios nor Magic Kingdom at least for us. We did not go to Epcot. I will add that Universal easy peasy with their unlimited fast passes compared to Disney Genie plus LL system..Easy enough once you get the hang of it but was pain in but for me trying to manage 7/10 year olds who had no problem criss crossing parks for rides on the other hand my 84/85 year old parents not so much and was hard to plan it as you take what is available. I far prefer Universal express passes.

Last edited:
Soft Opening for Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana

Oct 6 to 15, will be using VQ at times. Check MDE

View attachment 800351
Hi, I will be at Epcot on Saturday, JOW being the preferred experience, as it is new, can I get VQ for Gaurdians at 7AM, and VQ for JOW when I get to the park or is it just one VQ at a time? I may wait and do JOW first on arrival, then try for Guardians at 1PM, and if not get a $ILL.

it’s hard to keep up with all the rules but I’m happy that park hopping is more flexible. Anyway, do I have to be inside the park to book a virtual queue? For example, I’m in AK but I want to go to Epcot in the afternoon and get on Guardians.

Currently, yes. You must have tapped into the park to be eligible for the VQ. Not sure if that will change in January when the other hopping/reservation requirements are lifted.

it’s hard to keep up with all the rules but I’m happy that park hopping is more flexible. Anyway, do I have to be inside the park to book a virtual queue? For example, I’m in AK but I want to go to Epcot in the afternoon and get on Guardians.
To be eligible for the 1:00 VQ for Guardians, you have to have entered Epcot. You do not have to still be in Epcot. E.g. if you were there then went back to your hotel for a break, you could get the VQ, although I'm not sure what would happen if you had already hopped to another park. Disney makes you tap in to enter a park, but not to leave one, so they won't know if you left Epcot unless you tap into another park. (At least, I hope they aren't tracking where everyone is and I've seen posts from people who were able to get the 1:00 VQ from their hotels.)

The 7:00 AM and 6:00 PM VQs for Tron and Guardians are different. But that's not what you're asking about in your example.

For Moana VQ, you reportedly have to be in the park. I'm not sure if that means have entered or actually still be there. For the reason stated above, I suspect it means have entered, but I haven't seen any reports from people who had left the park and gotten VQs while outside.

To be eligible for the 1:00 VQ for Guardians, you have to have entered Epcot. You do not have to still be in Epcot. E.g. if you were there then went back to your hotel for a break, you could get the VQ, although I'm not sure what would happen if you had already hopped to another park. Disney makes you tap in to enter a park, but not to leave one, so they won't know if you left Epcot unless you tap into another park. (At least, I hope they aren't tracking where everyone is and I've seen posts from people who were able to get the 1:00 VQ from their hotels.)

The 7:00 AM and 6:00 PM VQs for Tron and Guardians are different. But that's not what you're asking about in your example.

For Moana VQ, you reportedly have to be in the park. I'm not sure if that means have entered or actually still be there. For the reason stated above, I suspect it means have entered, but I haven't seen any reports from people who had left the park and gotten VQs while outside.
Disney knows. They are tracking everything. Thank you for your answer, that helps.

For the 1pm drop does the entire party need to have tapped in or can just 1 member do it?

We are going to MK this Tuesday which is a party night. We won’t be going to the Halloween party and so have to leave the park at 6. How big is the chance we can get a virtual queue at the 1PM drop? I was wondering since the park is only open for 5 more hours after that.

We are going to MK this Tuesday which is a party night. We won’t be going to the Halloween party and so have to leave the park at 6. How big is the chance we can get a virtual queue at the 1PM drop? I was wondering since the park is only open for 5 more hours after that.
It’s best to try exactly at 1PM as many are successful each day.

Is there a reason why you can’t try at 7AM?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter