• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

Does Guardians virtual queue still “sell out”in seconds at the 7am? If you get a time that is too early, can you cancel it and then try again at the 1pm slot? Coming in at 10:30am and trying to plan. Thanks!

Does Guardians virtual queue still “sell out”in seconds at the 7am? If you get a time that is too early, can you cancel it and then try again at the 1pm slot? Coming in at 10:30am and trying to plan. Thanks!

Please read posts 1 (Guardians) and 2 (Tron).

They explain in great detail how each work as they are similar but also very different.

Yes Guardians fills within seconds but with Guardians you can return at any time from when you’re called until park close.

I hope this is ok to ask here as it is TRON related. We've done rider swap many times, but my 9 year old is iffy about TRON. If she makes it through the queue but decides she doesn't want to ride, can she wait for me at the loading/unloading dock while I ride? Also, please don't mom shame me. I REALLY wanna ride and I've seen some wait times over an hour even with a virtual queue so if I wait that long to just have to leave... man I might have to cry. THANK YOU!

I hope this is ok to ask here as it is TRON related. We've done rider swap many times, but my 9 year old is iffy about TRON. If she makes it through the queue but decides she doesn't want to ride, can she wait for me at the loading/unloading dock while I ride? Also, please don't mom shame me. I REALLY wanna ride and I've seen some wait times over an hour even with a virtual queue so if I wait that long to just have to leave... man I might have to cry. THANK YOU!
The age to ride single rider is 7. A 14 year old can supervise a younger sibling and go through the queue.

Ask for an anytime pass valid on a day when Dad can supervise (CMs will probably deny it, but can give a pass for another ride because Tron is currently strict with rules).

Edited to remove additional comments.

Last edited:

The age to ride single rider is 7, so I believe she can step aside and wait for you. A 14 year old can supervise a younger sibling and go through the queue. Both you and her should keep your phones on you (there is a pocket for phones but the rest of your stuff needs to be in a locker). I would definitely have some means of communication and be clear where to meet up afterwards (experience with my oldest getting lost at WDW while exiting Nemo, getting on a bus etc).

Set expectations on how long it will take you and if she needs to use the bathroom and come back.

My now teen is prone to panicking and crying (despite being able to play outside with minimal supervision and going over what to do if a ‘parent gets lost’ at WDW) so I couldn’t leave her alone when she was younger. Recently she got lost on the cruise after the pirate show (she was sitting in the kids section and we were watching from the balcony and it suddenly started raining and everyone cleared the deck). It was hell for 40 mins for me running around trying to find her and our son. Kids don’t always listen. I always tell her to stay near where we saw her last but she went to our dining location instead! She had a phone but the WiFi was down.

Panic sets in fast in those WDW crowds (seen a parent panicking and it took 20-25 mins for CMs to find the child). There are way too many adults without kids nowadays (higher risk).

If possible and you see an adult in a wheelchair or a mom with a baby, maybe ask them to keep an eye out?
All great tips! I had no clue that 7 was the age to ride alone! For some reason I had it in my head that it was 14. So if say she wanted to ride tea cups and they make me vomit, can she ride them alone? lol we've always just suffered through with her! We've watched POV's and we have ridden TOT, Rockin Roller Coaster, and she LOVED Guardians, but the hugeness of the ride itself freaks her out I think. I would never force her to ride, and I do feel safe-ER in Disney than I do at our local grocery store, but I absolutely realize bad things happen EVERYWHERE and I don't want to put her in a dangerous situation. But I do remember seeing grown ups and teens use the "chicken exit" and wait for their party so I just thought I would ask! It will be just the 2 of us at this particular time otherwise she could wait with dad.

All great tips! I had no clue that 7 was the age to ride alone! For some reason I had it in my head that it was 14. So if say she wanted to ride tea cups and they make me vomit, can she ride them alone? lol we've always just suffered through with her! We've watched POV's and we have ridden TOT, Rockin Roller Coaster, and she LOVED Guardians, but the hugeness of the ride itself freaks her out I think. I would never force her to ride, and I do feel safe-ER in Disney than I do at our local grocery store, but I absolutely realize bad things happen EVERYWHERE and I don't want to put her in a dangerous situation. But I do remember seeing grown ups and teens use the "chicken exit" and wait for their party so I just thought I would ask! It will be just the 2 of us at this particular time otherwise she could wait with dad.
7 is the age for single rider queues. I believe to ride alone it’s 14 (I just remember seeing that on SDMT). The rule is there for dark rides in case something shuts down and they have to use the emergency exit. I’m not sure about mad tea party (you will be able to see her while waiting so you’re supervising).

This is interesting, their launches are basically the same speeds with two obvious differences: 1. Guardians is backwards and 2. Tron launches to the outside section before returning inside. I'm not sure that they differ all that much size-wise. She can definitely handle this but you know, kids nerves are something else. I hope she's able to go for it!

If she makes it through the queue but decides she doesn't want to ride, can she wait for me at the loading/unloading dock while I ride?
I expect that may depend on whether the CM at the time will allow it. Technically at 9 years old WDW allows her to wait outside by herself, so they may send her out the chicken exit. But some CMs will allow a swap or a child to wait near boarding.

7 is the age for single rider queues. I believe to ride alone it’s 14
7 is the age to ride unaccompanied. Any ride (by WDW rules) though the parent should obviously take into consideration whether the child is independent enough to stay calm and follow directions in the event of a ride stoppage.

there is no strategy. If the two overlap, go to dinner, and show your receipt to the CM at Guardians, if they even ask. Guardians typically allows you to come back any time after your VQ is called. All CM have honered VQ times that overlap with other reservations (back with RotR conflicting with droid, saber, or meals).

Ok, appreciate the information.

Yep, it won't be a big deal. Things happen and they know that. You might get stopped and have to explain, but I can't imagine a CM that wouldn't be willing to work with you on it. They are tighter with TRON, but I am sure anything within reason should be just fine. Don't worry about it and have fun!

as always, it depends on how busy it is, the attraction itself (how new it is), the CM and how their day has gone, how much later you arrive after the reservation, whether you have a good reason that you are late, etc.

I'd say in most cases, as others have said above, they should still allow you on, especially if you have a dinner reservation.

But just know that it is certainly possible (but very unlikely with a dinner reservation during the VQ time) for them to not allow you on.

I expect that may depend on whether the CM at the time will allow it. Technically at 9 years old WDW allows her to wait outside by herself, so they may send her out the chicken exit. But some CMs will allow a swap or a child to wait near boarding.

7 is the age to ride unaccompanied. Any ride (by WDW rules) though the parent should obviously take into consideration whether the child is independent enough to stay calm and follow directions in the event of a ride stoppage.
I got confused by the rules myself so I checked again. The age to ride unaccompanied is 7, but for kids UNDER 7 someone needs to be with them in the queue supervising that’s 14 or older.

https://theanxioustravelers.com/disney-ride-heights/

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/question/old-youride-rides-alone-451991/#:~:text=As noted in their Property,older when boarding an attraction.

Last edited:
there is no strategy. If the two overlap, go to dinner, and show your receipt to the CM at Guardians, if they even ask. Guardians typically allows you to come back any time after your VQ is called. All CM have honered VQ times that overlap with other reservations (back with RotR conflicting with droid, saber, or meals).
Our magic bands scanned into the ride with expired VQ. Thanks again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter