Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

This pinned thread should have answers to all of your questions about how the virtual queue for Guardians works. As of this moment, Guardians is the only ride using a virtual queue. That will change in early April when Tron opens.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/guardians-virtual-queue-boarding-group.3886917/

There is currently one ride in each park that has a paid ILL separate from Genie+:
MK - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Epcot - Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
HS - Rise of the Resistance
AK - Avatar Flight of Passage

I just read about GOTG virtual queue. How does this work and is this something other rides have? Also is GOTG one of the rides you have to buy a separate LL for? Thank you.
Please read post 1 of this thread. It explains the VQ process in great details. Also, reading the last few pages of this thread will give most recent experiences.

This pinned thread should have answers to all of your questions about how the virtual queue for Guardians works. As of this moment, Guardians is the only ride using a virtual queue. That will change in early April when Tron opens.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/guardians-virtual-queue-boarding-group.3886917/

There is currently one ride in each park that has a paid ILL separate from Genie+:
MK - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Epcot - Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
HS - Rise of the Resistance
AK - Avatar Flight of Passage
Thanks so much for sharing this link! I've just merged the OP's post with this thread.

Appreciate your help!

Just want to double check. If I get the 7am VQ, then get the 6pm DEEH, can I hold both at the same time or do I need to use the first before the 6pm drop?

Just want to double check. If I get the 7am VQ, then get the 6pm DEEH, can I hold both at the same time or do I need to use the first before the 6pm drop?
I've heard but not tested it myself that in order to be eligible to try for the 6pm DEEH, you need to have used the first VQ prior to 6PM.

Are they still not allowing people with Park Hoppers to tap into a second park before 2 PM? I don't know why I thought I had read somewhere it was moved to 1 PM and assumed that the 1PM VQ drop was tied to the (apparently fabricated in my own mind) change in hopping time. Looking at the park availability calendar I'm seeing days next week already turning to yellow so I'm guessing if I can't even tap into Epcot until 2 I should not count of being able to snag a 1 PM BG.

Are they still not allowing people with Park Hoppers to tap into a second park before 2 PM? I don't know why I thought I had read somewhere it was moved to 1 PM and assumed that the 1PM VQ drop was tied to the (apparently fabricated in my own mind) change in hopping time. Looking at the park availability calendar I'm seeing days next week already turning to yellow so I'm guessing if I can't even tap into Epcot until 2 I should not count of being able to snag a 1 PM BG.
They have not moved park hopping time at WDW as of now. However, guardians bgs are regularly lasting several hours in the afternoon drop on non busy days.

They have not moved park hopping time at WDW as of now. However, guardians bgs are regularly lasting several hours in the afternoon drop on non busy days.

Ugh, okay, thanks, that's kind of what I'd realized but was hoping I was wrong. I don't have much hope for there being any non busy days next week, I'm just hoping for tolerable-with-enough-of-a-plan.

Park hopping is earlier at DL but still 2PM at WDW.

Flying down from NY next week. We hope to go to EPCOT on the day we arrive (probably about 3pm). Obviously I can't do the 1pm VQ since we won't be there yet. Can I do the 7am drop from home? What if my group is called at like 10am and we don't arrive until around 4pm? Can we still ride even 6 hours late?

Flying down from NY next week. We hope to go to EPCOT on the day we arrive (probably about 3pm). Obviously I can't do the 1pm VQ since we won't be there yet. Can I do the 7am drop from home? What if my group is called at like 10am and we don't arrive until around 4pm? Can we still ride even 6 hours late?
Yes you can. Once a return time has arrived, you can ride from then until park close.

Can anyone help I am panicking?? I just went it to VQ and clicked "Preselect Party" and it's saying my whole party is ineligible because ""this guest needs to have linked valid park admission" The app sees my tickets and knows I'm going to Epcot today, it says we're eligible for the VQ on the home screen, and I see no other options I can do with our tickets in MDE - have magicmobile, passes in wallets, etc, but it won't let me preselect party.

Can anyone help I am panicking?? I just went it to VQ and clicked "Preselect Party" and it's saying my whole party is ineligible because ""this guest needs to have linked valid park admission" The app sees my tickets and knows I'm going to Epcot today, it says we're eligible for the VQ on the home screen, and I see no other options I can do with our tickets in MDE - have magicmobile, passes in wallets, etc, but it won't let me preselect party.

An update, because I don't want to leave anyone hanging - no VQ for us. Apparently this is a known bug in the app that people have reported since at least Nov 22. No one has reported ever being able to get Guest Relations to help with it after the fact, and during of course the park isn't open. Based on others' reports I was able to learn that if the app glitches and says you're not eligible during the "preselect party" stage, it will still say not eligible at 7 AM.

I had a few minutes and we had booked Epcot today and HS tomorrow, which I knew was sold out for tomorrow, and I'd toyed with swapping these days anyway. So I took a chance and swapped our days, then swapped back to see if the app would recognize me as eligible now, no dice, so I swapped them again and we'll just try again tomorrow for the 7 AM and 1PM VQ. Meanwhile I will be eligible to make my next LL selection a half hour earlier since HS opens earlier, and we got a nice return time for MMRR around 1 PM when we expect to actually arrive. Overall I'm happy with the solution I came up with but I'm also shocked that for as much money as they are charging for every little thing we are relying still on this extremely dysfunctional VQ system - I also had an app glitch (this was a software/hardware thing at least) when we tried for ROTR in 2020 so I'm 0 for 2 on VQ attempts despite all the research I'm doing beforehand.

Meanwhile we're staying at YC so I believe I'm eligible to try to grab a VQ at 6PM tonight which I may do.

Know I’m late to the party blistex but thank you for posting. I had no idea this was a problem.

An update, because I don't want to leave anyone hanging - no VQ for us. Apparently this is a known bug in the app that people have reported since at least Nov 22. No one has reported ever being able to get Guest Relations to help with it after the fact, and during of course the park isn't open. Based on others' reports I was able to learn that if the app glitches and says you're not eligible during the "preselect party" stage, it will still say not eligible at 7 AM.

I had a few minutes and we had booked Epcot today and HS tomorrow, which I knew was sold out for tomorrow, and I'd toyed with swapping these days anyway. So I took a chance and swapped our days, then swapped back to see if the app would recognize me as eligible now, no dice, so I swapped them again and we'll just try again tomorrow for the 7 AM and 1PM VQ. Meanwhile I will be eligible to make my next LL selection a half hour earlier since HS opens earlier, and we got a nice return time for MMRR around 1 PM when we expect to actually arrive. Overall I'm happy with the solution I came up with but I'm also shocked that for as much money as they are charging for every little thing we are relying still on this extremely dysfunctional VQ system - I also had an app glitch (this was a software/hardware thing at least) when we tried for ROTR in 2020 so I'm 0 for 2 on VQ attempts despite all the research I'm doing beforehand.

Meanwhile we're staying at YC so I believe I'm eligible to try to grab a VQ at 6PM tonight which I may do.
Wow. I have had issues in the past which went unresolved, but nothing as bad as this. I upgraded my phone and have had less issues.

If you were not recognized as having park tickets in the am for VQ purposes but were ok with grabbing a Genie+, I’m thinking the issue is going to happen again. I would go to guest services and next time screen shot the error so you have proof and show it to them (6 pm since you switched park passes to Hs?).

Is everyone on the resort reservation and has the same type of ticket? (we’ve had issues when we added a guest (grandparent) to our resort reservation and the system flagged us and we couldn’t get into a special ticketed event and Epcot (our first park on travel day) even though they could see the purchase- took 2 hours for them to call someone and let us through at Epcot and then 1.5 hr at MNSSHP). This was prepandemic and we lost our 2 hours before extra magic hours and the CM just shrugged and said we had extra magic hours (missed 2 FPS). They should be able to make it right if they can’t fix it (highly likely they won’t be able to fix it only IT support can, so lower expectations).

If only a few people have an issue then it doesn’t get resolved. So opening an IT ticket would at least keep it on their radar.

Last edited:
Wow. I have had issues in the past which went unresolved, but nothing as bad as this. I upgraded my phone and have had less issues.

If you were not recognized as having park tickets in the am for VQ purposes but were ok with grabbing a Genie+, I’m thinking the issue is going to happen again. I would go to guest services and next time screen shot the error so you have proof and show it to them (6 pm since you switched park passes to Hs?).

Is everyone on the resort reservation and has the same type of ticket? (we’ve had issues when we added a guest (grandparent) to our resort reservation and the system flagged us and we couldn’t get into a special ticketed event and Epcot (our first park on travel day) even though they could see the purchase- took 2 hours for them to call someone and let us through at Epcot and then 1.5 hr at MNSSHP). This was prepandemic and we lost our 2 hours before extra magic hours and the CM just shrugged and said we had extra magic hours (missed 2 FPS). They should be able to make it right if they can’t fix it (highly likely they won’t be able to fix it only IT support can, so lower expectations).

If only a few people have an issue then it doesn’t get resolved. So opening an IT ticket would at least keep it on their radar.

Yes, it was pretty weird - there are 4 of us all on the same reservation, same room, same ticket package, everything, and MDE let me buy Genie+ and it even told me hey you're eligible for VQ today, but then when I went to it it just kept saying the opposite. I was able to grab an MMRR at 7 AM but then when my 10:30 AM came, it told me again we didn't have valid park admission. I took it to the chat support at that point since we were driving (I'm the passenger) and they weren't able to resolve it but were able to make my LL reservation for me. They said it was likely to do with it being our travel day, like there is some disconnect because I was "checked in" but not physically here yet? And I don't know if it's related but when we did arrive someone seriously pixie-dusted our room reservation, this room must cost five times what I booked normally.

Everything worked fine with Genie+ and VQ once we'd tapped into Hollywood Studios - I was able to get BG 206 for the 6PM VQ drop and got called at 9:15. Was still pretty long from start to finish, we were walking out the exit right at 10 PM, very happy I got my ride! I will probably see if VQ is working for me in the morning though I don't think my kids want to ride it again lol.

Yes, it was pretty weird - there are 4 of us all on the same reservation, same room, same ticket package, everything, and MDE let me buy Genie+ and it even told me hey you're eligible for VQ today, but then when I went to it it just kept saying the opposite. I was able to grab an MMRR at 7 AM but then when my 10:30 AM came, it told me again we didn't have valid park admission. I took it to the chat support at that point since we were driving (I'm the passenger) and they weren't able to resolve it but were able to make my LL reservation for me. They said it was likely to do with it being our travel day, like there is some disconnect because I was "checked in" but not physically here yet? And I don't know if it's related but when we did arrive someone seriously pixie-dusted our room reservation, this room must cost five times what I booked normally.

Everything worked fine with Genie+ and VQ once we'd tapped into Hollywood Studios - I was able to get BG 206 for the 6PM VQ drop and got called at 9:15. Was still pretty long from start to finish, we were walking out the exit right at 10 PM, very happy I got my ride! I will probably see if VQ is working for me in the morning though I don't think my kids want to ride it again lol.
We always stop by the front desk to make sure everyone’s MB/MB+ is active and did so the time we got stopped at Epcot so check in doesn’t matter; it’s the system flagging for potential fraud?

Glad you got pixie dusted but it seems they didn’t fix the issue. Genie+ also requires you have park tickets and reservations and we stack for the evening we check in so that excuse that you haven’t checked in doesn’t make sense; although we’ve never tried the VQ on checkin day (we had MK on checkin day this past trip due to EETPH, first visit after GOTG opened).

Maybe this is something new they’re flagging so that people who are not in the park don’t hold VQ that they might not use (flight delays/cancellations etc), although if I paid for a day ticket it shouldn’t matter.

I wonder if one person is flagged (who manages the reservation) and not the rest. Maybe try getting a VQ for the rest of the party and then add yourself or separately get a VQ and combine by going to GET if the error occurs (screen shot the error trying for everyone together first so you can make a case). It’s easier to get VQ at 1pm anyway, so not sure if it’s worth the stress if kids don’t want to ride.

The ride is intense and I needed hours before I wanted to try it again (kids - 6, 14 were ok riding back to back with rider switch).

We always stop by the front desk to make sure everyone’s MB/MB+ is active and did so the time we got stopped at Epcot so check in doesn’t matter; it’s the system flagging for potential fraud?

Glad you got pixie dusted but it seems they didn’t fix the issue. Genie+ also requires you have park tickets and reservations and we stack for the evening we check in so that excuse that you haven’t checked in doesn’t make sense; although we’ve never tried the VQ on checkin day (we had MK on checkin day this past trip due to EETPH, first visit after GOTG opened).

Maybe this is something new they’re flagging so that people who are not in the park don’t hold VQ that they might not use (flight delays/cancellations etc), although if I paid for a day ticket it shouldn’t matter.

I wonder if one person is flagged (who manages the reservation) and not the rest. Maybe try getting a VQ for the rest of the party and then add yourself or separately get a VQ and combine by going to GET if the error occurs (screen shot the error trying for everyone together first so you can make a case). It’s easier to get VQ at 1pm anyway, so not sure if it’s worth the stress if kids don’t want to ride.

The ride is intense and I needed hours before I wanted to try it again (kids - 6, 14 were ok riding back to back with rider switch).

Yeah I don't think it was supposed to happen but I suspect that it was check-in day is part of why it happened, I'm wondering if my account was odd because my room code didn't match my original purchasing code or something but I'm just wildly speculating.

Tried this morning to see if we were eligible and we absolutely were so the issue is gone now. (I didn't actually book it, wanted to use my 7 AM refresh skills on Remy instead.) I agree it's unfortunate because I was most counting on G+ and VQ on our check-in day since we couldn't possibly be in the parks early and it was so crowded.

That happened to us a few times last year before 11/22 and agree they offer no help.

However I had some success logging out and back in. If that didn't work I switched parks and tried another day. We had 4 trips and issues each one.

Also ours were not check in days. One day it would work and the next not. JUST random. I used text chat, blue umbrellas and emailed a customer service that took a week to say yep we know about that.

Kinda sucks but we just worked about it. Still our favorite ride.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter