SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That adds misery to your already unfortunate purchase of only two distinct bands. I hope you didn't pay much... I really wonder why someone would steal them? Maybe they think there is value, but most people are not going to steal them for SDFP and I have no idea what else they could be useful for...
I agree. It's sad someone would steal them but they do have value for other things besides SDFP:

MBs can be used for the SOTMK game in MK.

They can also be used to unlock lands in the Disney Infinity home video game.

I agree. It's sad someone would steal them but they do have value for other things besides SDFP:

MBs can be used for the SOTMK game in MK.

They can also be used to unlock lands in the Disney Infinity home video game.

If nothing else, people obviously sell them on eBay.

pluto::confused3
That adds misery to your already unfortunate purchase of only two distinct bands. I hope you didn't pay much... I really wonder why someone would steal them? Maybe they think there is value, but most people are not going to steal them for SDFP and I have no idea what else they could be useful for...

The only thing I can figure if it's someone who doesn't know about them and thought they'd try them out?? It is strange. We called lost and found and they didn't have them. They never left our stroller so I know we didn't loose them.

I am confused about using bands on the same MDE. I read the first page thoroughly but didn't read the 47 subsequent pages. Hopefully someone can clear these up.

1. We are DVC and booked a res for 5 people but only three are going now. Magic bands came for all five. The 3 going have sports event park tickets (really wish I would have read this thread first. I would not have linked them... arghhhhh). The other 2 do not (b/c they are not going on the trip). I can use those other two in the park for the SDFP, right? Even though those people have previous MB on the MDE link to them with expired tix. I got confused because the post mentioned that if the bands are associated with same people on the MDE, we couldn't use them.

2. How do we know how repetitive MBs are linked on MDE per person? It is just a matter of the Name, spelled the same way? I have one child who has a hyphenated first name. We have used her full first name at times and her abbreviated name at others. Could this mean one set of those bands could be used for SDFP if I have linked her current tix to the other name?

Thanks!

I am confused about using bands on the same MDE. I read the first page thoroughly but didn't read the 47 subsequent pages. Hopefully someone can clear these up.

1. We are DVC and booked a res for 5 people but only three are going now. Magic bands came for all five. The 3 going have sports event park tickets (really wish I would have read this thread first. I would not have linked them... arghhhhh). The other 2 do not (b/c they are not going on the trip). I can use those other two in the park for the SDFP, right? Even though those people have previous MB on the MDE link to them with expired tix. I got confused because the post mentioned that if the bands are associated with same people on the MDE, we couldn't use them.

2. How do we know how repetitive MBs are linked on MDE per person? It is just a matter of the Name, spelled the same way? I have one child who has a hyphenated first name. We have used her full first name at times and her abbreviated name at others. Could this mean one set of those bands could be used for SDFP if I have linked her current tix to the other name?

Thanks!
1. You should be able to use the other 2 without an issue since they are for different people. It doesn't have to do with them being in the same MDE (I have about 30 people in mine since I'm local and frequently have friends/family visiting), but assigned to the same person.
2. In order to see if MB's are assigned to the same person or a different (even if a similar name), when in MDE go to Magic Bands and Cards on the dropdown menu. It should then show you anyone associated with your MDE and what bands/cards are linked to each name. For example, on my name I currently have 5 bands and 6 cards, all of which would read the same thing and couldn't be used for SDFP. So if you have Sue and Sue-Ann showing as 2 separate people and each has a card or band linked to them then you could use one for SDFP (or both if she isn't coming on this trip). If only Sue shows and has 2 bands or cards shown under her name, then they are duplicates and only one can be used (for regular FP if she's coming on the trip and has a current ticket; for SDFP if not).

Got my brand new set of magic bands linked to my "extra" MDE profile. Never been used....bands or profile. All new. What can I expect when I want to make a second set SDFP reservation when I approach the kiosk? Or is it a CM with an iPad? Thanks in advance!

Got my brand new set of magic bands linked to my "extra" MDE profile. Never been used....bands or profile. All new. What can I expect when I want to make a second set SDFP reservation when I approach the kiosk? Or is it a CM with an iPad? Thanks in advance!

There may be a CM, but they usually only help now if you ask or look like you need help. You scan the first band and then the subsequent bands. Then you will be prompted to pick from a selection of available rides. Sometimes you have to press hard with your finger nail on the display, but generally, they seem more responsive now than before. I don't bother writing down the FP+ or taking a picture. I login to the 2nd MDX account on a web browser on my phone. I wouldn't use the app, because it could prevent you from logging into your primary account with the app. You can modify the 2nd set of FP+ on the web browser.

See post #3 on page 1. Marciemi posted excellent step by step instructions with photos. It shows you what to expect. Thank you Marciemi!

There may be a CM, but they usually only help now if you ask or look like you need help. You scan the first band and then the subsequent bands. Then you will be prompted to pick from a selection of available rides. Sometimes you have to press hard with your finger nail on the display, but generally, they seem more responsive now than before. I don't bother writing down the FP+ or taking a picture. I login to the 2nd MDX account on a web browser on my phone. I wouldn't use the app, because it could prevent you from logging into your primary account with the app. You can modify the 2nd set of FP+ on the web browser.

Were these extra FP that were booked at the kiosk? My observations (and those of other "field agents!" - thanks Marcie!) are that SDFP booked at kiosks can't be modified on either the app or the browser.

Were these extra FP that were booked at the kiosk? My observations (and those of other "field agents!" - thanks Marcie!) are that SDFP booked at kiosks can't be modified on either the app or the browser.
@soniam - As Karrie said, I did test again yesterday and couldn't modify either way. It will let you go through the entire process but then you get an error message once you try to confirm. Are you sure you actually made changes and didn't just check to see what was there? Is it possible you have other ticket media (AP's or tickets that haven't been used yet) associated with the bands you used for SDFP? Otherwise, you must have just been the lucky recipient of the infamous Disney IT "glitch" but I would recommend anyone else not count on being able to make changes for SDFP anywhere other than a kiosk.

I just want to make sure I understand -- I have carefully read all of the information.

We have MB's from a 2014 trip. Our next trip in June 2017 -- I already made reservations with the same MDE so if I understand right, I can't use the 2014 bands to make SDFP selections, correct?

Next -- if I borrow bands from friends who are going in March -- I will be able to use those since they are on a different MDE, I just will need to take a screen shot of the kiosk because I won't be able to see them on my MDE?

Next -- if I buy a new set of magicbands -- link them to a different MDE but not link tickets -- we can use those to make SDFP?

I just want to make sure I understand -- I have carefully read all of the information.

We have MB's from a 2014 trip. Our next trip in June 2017 -- I already made reservations with the same MDE so if I understand right, I can't use the 2014 bands to make SDFP selections, correct?

Next -- if I borrow bands from friends who are going in March -- I will be able to use those since they are on a different MDE, I just will need to take a screen shot of the kiosk because I won't be able to see them on my MDE?

Next -- if I buy a new set of magicbands -- link them to a different MDE but not link tickets -- we can use those to make SDFP?
It seems like you've got it!

You could also lend your old bands from 2014 to your friends so they can get some extra FP in March :)

Quick question - want to make sure there's no difference between making a 2nd MDE account and just adding 5 additional people as family to my current account.

I have bands from all my past trips. Let's say there are 5 of us. We just bought annual passes. Instead of creating a new MDE account, I just created 5 new family members (using our middle names instead of first names) and will link the new annual passes to them. So I have 10 people under my MDE - 5 with annual passes and 5 with no tickets but old bands. Does this work just the same as if I had made a new MDE account? I would think I can pre-book on the 5 new names and use my old ones (currently without tickets) for SDFP.

Am I missing anything?

You can do that, but you'll want to go in and change all the new names to your real names and change all the old names to your middle names because you want your APs linked to profiles with your real names. You may be asked for ID for a number of reasons - resort check in, merchandise discounts, etc. Then you'll be getting SDFP at kiosks on bands that have your middle names.

One reason people prefer a second MDE is so that when they tap an SDFP band, they don't have to go through the primary profile FP info on the kiosk screen every time they tap. But that's a small inconvenience. Having all your profiles, primary and SDFP, on the same MDE is pretty convenience.

You can do that, but you'll want to go in and change all the new names to your real names and change all the old names to your middle names because you want your APs linked to profiles with your real names. You may be asked for ID for a number of reasons - resort check in, merchandise discounts, etc. Then you'll be getting SDFP at kiosks on bands that have your middle names.

One reason people prefer a second MDE is so that when they tap an SDFP band, they don't have to go through the primary profile FP info on the kiosk screen every time they tap. But that's a small inconvenience. Having all your profiles, primary and SDFP, on the same MDE is pretty convenience.

Thanks so much! Hadn't thought about that! Will definitely switch them over. Out of curiousity - if I made FP with an unactivated ticket that can still be assigned - what happens to those FP if you reassign a ticket to another person? Do they follow or just disappear (or can't you assign a ticket if it has FP on it even if it's unused).

Thanks so much! Hadn't thought about that! Will definitely switch them over. Out of curiousity - if I made FP with an unactivated ticket that can still be assigned - what happens to those FP if you reassign a ticket to another person? Do they follow or just disappear (or can't you assign a ticket if it has FP on it even if it's unused).
The FPs will eventually disappear without a ticket or voucher linked to that person in MDE.

Tickets/vouchers can be reassigned up until the first use.

I've read the FAQ on here about six times, and I know I'm not supposed to ask questions, buuuuuuut....

We now have four bands for two people. The two we got in the mail with our package (linked to my MDE under my email address on my phone using the app) and two we bought on disneystore.com (to be linked under a yet to be created MDE which will be with my wife's different email address on her phone using the app). With me so far?

So, I will be needing a DAS for myself (wife doesn't need one, but irrelevant I suppose since you can only have return time active). Is it correct that I will link the DAS on my primary band? And then everything else will just work as described in this thread? The DAS will not have anything to do with my secondary purchased SDFP band, correct?

I've read the FAQ on here about six times, and I know I'm not supposed to ask questions, buuuuuuut....

We now have four bands for two people. The two we got in the mail with our package (linked to my MDE under my email address on my phone using the app) and two we bought on disneystore.com (to be linked under a yet to be created MDE which will be with my wife's different email address on her phone using the app). With me so far?

So, I will be needing a DAS for myself (wife doesn't need one, but irrelevant I suppose since you can only have return time active). Is it correct that I will link the DAS on my primary band? And then everything else will just work as described in this thread? The DAS will not have anything to do with my secondary purchased SDFP band, correct?

Your photo will be taken for the DAS and you'll be showing ID - so that will be your primary profile, as it were - your correct and full name, etc. This will have nothing to do with your separate SDFP bands that are linked to different email.

I now have our primary MDE with our ticketed magic bands, and a secondary MDE (different email) with our rogue bands. One on my phone, one on DW's. is there any reason NOT to link the two (connect with friends or whatever it's called) so that we can each see all fps for both account in one place? Will that screw things up?

I now have our primary MDE with our ticketed magic bands, and a secondary MDE (different email) with our rogue bands. One on my phone, one on DW's. is there any reason NOT to link the two (connect with friends or whatever it's called) so that we can each see all fps for both account in one place? Will that screw things up?
If you listed the same names on MDE #2, then no, do not merge/link them. If they are different names, you could merge/link them but it would have been easier to use fake names and only one MDE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter