• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Rope Drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday, June 30 at Epcot. Took the Skyliner to International Gateway. We arrived at the Skyliner station about 9:45 and they started boarding about 9:50. There were long lines waiting for security to open when we arrived. About 10:25 they let people through security and the tapstiles and held the group at the top of the hill to the past the entrance. About 10:40 they let people head to the rides, and we followed the leaders heading to Test Track. The first people out arrived at the ride entrance ahead of the mob coming from the front entrance, and that wave hit just as we were getting there. So, we had a pretty short wait to get into the design room and we’re off the ride by a minute or two after 11. If we had gotten there a few minutes later, or if the front entrance mob had been a few minutes earlier, our wait would have been much longer.

After TT we walked out to FEA and got on that with a wait of about 15 minutes, much shorter than the posted 40.

We rope dropped AK today. Was just like previous poster said. Was at the bus stop at 6:50 and waited only a few minutes for a bus. We were in the first 10 to tap our bands at 7:15. Then a jog to Pandora, where we were held until 7:30ish when we walked to FOP in an orderly manner. Rode that and Navi and was done with both before 8:30.

I was at MK today and the kept us lined up till 9am opening

I usually get to Epcot around 10:30 and it’s been open but guessing it will be the same there now so what time is rope drop 11am?

is Spaceship Earth open a little earlier or also not open till rope drop?

We were at Epcot on Wednesday and they let us in at the international gateway at 10:30.
Thanks
I didn’t know there was a thread on this when I asked
Seems MK is the only one that actually waits till official opening time

Has anyone tried to RD from the GF walkway lately? I’m trying to figure out how early I should leave the hotel. Also, I can’t remember where they hold you. Any information would be appreciated.

Has anyone tried to RD from the GF walkway lately? I’m trying to figure out how early I should leave the hotel. Also, I can’t remember where they hold you. Any information would be appreciated.
Monorail has been dropping off starting at 8am so i'd guess they unlock the gates at a similar time. We had tried to go over really early (had it in my head opening was 8am instead of 9, oops) and the gates were locked at the bridge

Monorail has been dropping off starting at 8am so i'd guess they unlock the gates at a similar time. We had tried to go over really early (had it in my head opening was 8am instead of 9, oops) and the gates were locked at the bridge
Thank you for the information. I didn’t realize the gate was locked. I’m hoping they let us in (or a tad bit earlier) with the rest of the folks getting off the busses, ferry, and TTC.

FYI: AK is back to regular rope drop as of this morning. I arrived on the first bus out of Coronado at around 7:05 and was briefly held at the tapstyles, then held again at the front of the group on the bridge to Pandora until 7:20 or so, when they walked us over to FOP.

FYI: AK is back to regular rope drop as of this morning. I arrived on the first bus out of Coronado at around 7:05 and was briefly held at the tapstyles, then held again at the front of the group on the bridge to Pandora until 7:20 or so, when they walked us over to FOP.
What time did the first guests ride Flight of Passage? If they rode before 8:00 it is still the revised rope drop.

What you described above has been shared by others but in their experiences the attractions opened before 8:00AM. Can you please share what happened at 7:20?

What time did the first guests ride Flight of Passage? If they rode before 8:00 it is still the revised rope drop.

What you described above has been shared by others but in their experiences the attractions opened before 8:00AM. Can you please share what happened at 7:20?

We were walked over to the ride. I was in the first group. Guess I was wrong because we were off it before 8. This is how it was precovid though, which is why I was confused.

Today’s been rough at AK though…Safari didn’t start running until 8:30 and Dinosaur went down just as I got on it. Kali was supposed to be open already according to the CM but is delayed again. Despite being in the first group to ride FoP I’ve done all of 3 rides. At least it’s dead here in terms of crowds.

We were walked over to the ride. I was in the first group. Guess I was wrong because we were off it before 8. This is how it was precovid though, which is why I was confused.

Today’s been rough at AK though…Safari didn’t start running until 8:30 and Dinosaur went down just as I got on it. Kali was supposed to be open already according to the CM but is delayed again. Despite being in the first group to ride FoP I’ve done all of 3 rides. At least it’s dead here in terms of crowds.
Thanks for the update.

My experience with AK pre-Covid was that it varied day to day. Some days we were allowed to enter and ride early and others we were held until posted park opening.

Hope things open up fir you and that you have a great day!!

When pandemic restrictions were in place, the theme parks were opening 45 - 60 minutes ahead of opening time. Is this still occurring now that rope drop has restarted? THANKS!

Good question! DH & I talked yesterday about this and not sure what to expect for a summer trip.

Previously they let us in early and we could go right to the rides, most rides were open or opening soon.

Now it sounds like they’re corralling guests again in a mob and holding them back until official park open time. I guess none of the rides open early now?

When pandemic restrictions were in place, the theme parks were opening 45 - 60 minutes ahead of opening time. Is this still occurring now that rope drop has restarted? THANKS!

Good question! DH & I talked yesterday about this and not sure what to expect for a summer trip.

Previously they let us in early and we could go right to the rides, most rides were open or opening soon.

Now it sounds like they’re corralling guests again in a mob and holding them back until official park open time. I guess none of the rides open early now?

Thread has been merged with Everything Rope Drop thread. Please read post 1 as questions are addressed there.

Does anybody know what is going on here?

9 AM MK everything still closed?
Astro Orbiter: Closed
Barnstormer featuring the Great Goofini: Closed
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: Closed
Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin: Closed
Carousel of Progress: Closed
Dumbo the Flying Elephant: Closed
Haunted Mansion: Closed
Jungle Cruise: Closed
Mad Tea Party: Closed
Magic Carpets of Aladdin: Closed
Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: Closed
Mickey’s PhilharMagic: Closed
Peter Pan’s Flight: Closed
Pirates of the Caribbean: Closed
Prince Charming Regal Carrousel: Closed
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: Closed
Space Mountain: Closed
Splash Mountain: Closed
Tomorrowland Speedway: Closed
Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover: Closed
Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid: Closed
it’s a small world: Closed

11 AM Epcot
Frozen Ever After: Closed
Gran Fiesta Tour: Closed
Journey into Imagination: Closed
Living with the Land: Closed
Mission: SPACE: Closed
Soarin’: Closed
Spaceship Earth: Closed
Test Track: Closed
The Seas with Nemo and Friends: Closed

https://allears.net/2021/07/03/what-are-the-disney-world-wait-times-like-on-a-holiday-weekend/
HS and AK rides did open by their official times (9a & 8a respectively) so it wasn’t just weather related. It looks like no MK & EP rides were running at official open or was something else going on here?

What I’m especially trying to determine is if parks are shifting away from operating before official open. Very interested to hear from visitors this week 😊 Thanks!

Does anybody know what is going on here?

9 AM MK everything still closed?
Astro Orbiter: Closed
Barnstormer featuring the Great Goofini: Closed
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: Closed
Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin: Closed
Carousel of Progress: Closed
Dumbo the Flying Elephant: Closed
Haunted Mansion: Closed
Jungle Cruise: Closed
Mad Tea Party: Closed
Magic Carpets of Aladdin: Closed
Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: Closed
Mickey’s PhilharMagic: Closed
Peter Pan’s Flight: Closed
Pirates of the Caribbean: Closed
Prince Charming Regal Carrousel: Closed
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: Closed
Space Mountain: Closed
Splash Mountain: Closed
Tomorrowland Speedway: Closed
Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover: Closed
Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid: Closed
it’s a small world: Closed

11 AM Epcot
Frozen Ever After: Closed
Gran Fiesta Tour: Closed
Journey into Imagination: Closed
Living with the Land: Closed
Mission: SPACE: Closed
Soarin’: Closed
Spaceship Earth: Closed
Test Track: Closed
The Seas with Nemo and Friends: Closed

https://allears.net/2021/07/03/what-are-the-disney-world-wait-times-like-on-a-holiday-weekend/
HS and AK rides did open by their official times (9a & 8a respectively) so it wasn’t just weather related. It looks like no MK & EP rides were running at official open or was something else going on here?

What I’m especially trying to determine is if parks are shifting away from operating before official open. Very interested to hear from visitors this week 😊 Thanks!
Allears has been reporting everything being closed at Epcot at 11:00 for weeks. Those reports go back before Memorial Day. I believe it's just a glitch in how they collect their information. Others have reported wait times at Epcot at 11:00. For an article that shows the wait times at Epcot (and the other parks) for the Memorial Day weekend, see here. I suspect the glitch has now extended to Magic Kingdom at 9:00.

Allears has been reporting everything being closed at Epcot at 11:00 for weeks. Those reports go back before Memorial Day. I believe it's just a glitch in how they collect their information. Others have reported wait times at Epcot at 11:00. For an article that shows the wait times at Epcot (and the other parks) for the Memorial Day weekend, see here. I suspect the glitch has now extended to Magic Kingdom at 9:00.
Thank you! Makes sense.

Headed down soon and wondered what the current rope drop is like at MK when walking from BLT/Contemporary. Are they sending people through the bus security or is there a security line for walkers?

There is a separate security checkpoint on the walkway from the Contemporary to the Magic Kingdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter