• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Park Reservations - Please Read Post 1

Im hoping for the same result I’m bringing my mother as a last minute Mothers Day present but I can’t add her to DHS on the 9th. Hoping something opens up soon
UPDATE and just like that I just checked page says only AK is avail on 5/9 but I was able to get my mom in for DHS🎉🎉🎉 lesson learned it’s not real time at all! DIS board always rocks!!!!!

Does anyone else info on how to check in the park pass system (not the availability calendar since the feedback is that the calendar isn't updated live) if something is available if you already have a reservation say at MK but are trying to get one for DHS? Or do you literally have to cancel and try your luck? I wouldn't be comfortable trying to do that

Does anyone else info on how to check in the park pass system (not the availability calendar since the feedback is that the calendar isn't updated live) if something is available if you already have a reservation say at MK but are trying to get one for DHS? Or do you literally have to cancel and try your luck? I wouldn't be comfortable trying to do that
The only way is to cancel your existing reservation which is risky. Wish they would allow the option to check and see if something is available before actually cancelling what you have.

I believe there is a 'change' option in the app but when I tried it (late 2021) it didn't work.

Possibly someone else has further information about this?

I'm noticing several days in May and June 2nd when DHS is the first park without availability. I first noticed this with May 4th, which made sense, but now I'm seeing it on quite a few days. I wasn't seeing this in April and March when I first started looking at park availability for my upcoming June trip. In those months, it was always MK that filled up first. Do y'all think it's possible that Disney has decreased the availability in DHS?

From what I am seeing, they are locking reservations out 3 to 4 weeks in advance when they see a certain amount of bookings. About two weeks out they are opening them back up at times throughout the day sporadically. Epcot seems to still be locked the days I’m looking in May but DHS and MK open up randomly.

I’m getting ready to book our whole trip. Staying onsite. Right now, all green for our dates. What order do I do all this in?
1. Book onsite hotels
2. Buy tickets next?
3. Reserve parks?

I’m getting ready to book our whole trip. Staying onsite. Right now, all green for our dates. What order do I do all this in?
1. Book onsite hotels
2. Buy tickets next?
3. Reserve parks?
Normally I purchase our hotel and tickets as a package with Disney so get those at the same time. You need to have tickets before you can make park reservations.

Argh! Got DVC GOTG previews and a room reservation for the 9th but was thinking I couldn’t go due to flight costs. Now it may not happen but 9th is unavailable at all parks. I’m new to this-do I buy tickets and keep refreshing? Refresh and then quickly buy a ticket if it pops up? Cancel trip?

Argh! Got DVC GOTG previews and a room reservation for the 9th but was thinking I couldn’t go due to flight costs. Now it may not happen but 9th is unavailable at all parks. I’m new to this-do I buy tickets and keep refreshing? Refresh and then quickly buy a ticket if it pops up? Cancel trip?
I would recommend asking this on one of the GotG pre-view threads as I think I heard your ticket may include access to the park but I'm not positive.

Just discovered this thread after posting a question on a separate thread about availability opening up. Thanks for the info on this thread and sorry about the extra thread I posted!

I did it! I got 3 Reservations for Epcot on a sold out day in May, 2 weeks out. How I did it you may ask?
1. I reserved one guest at a time instead of choosing all three at once.
2. When you get the message that says that the date is full; back out to the screen where you select a person you're booking for and REFRESH the page. Select the person you would like to reserve, then select the date you would like and try to book. Repeat this process several times until it allows you to reserve.
3. You may have to try this process during heavy website traffic times. I had success on Sunday around 2pm.
***I was originally trying to refresh the calendar page and selecting the date again (This method FAILED). It only worked when I went all the way back to the screen where you select who you are reserving for and refreshed that page***

If you have a resort reservation and an AP, trying to cancel and then rebook a park reservation is a major ordeal! When the dates for MNSSHP were announced, I wanted to change some park reservations. Not easy!

I did it! I got 3 Reservations for Epcot on a sold out day in May, 2 weeks out. How I did it you may ask?
2. When you get the message that says that the date is full; back out to the screen where you select a person you're booking for and REFRESH the page. Select the person you would like to reserve, then select the date you would like and try to book. Repeat this process several times until it allows you to reserve.
3. You may have to try this process during heavy website traffic times. I had success on Sunday around 2pm.
***I was originally trying to refresh the calendar page and selecting the date again (This method FAILED). It only worked when I went all the way back to the screen where you select who you are reserving for and refreshed that page***
This gives me hope! I want to cancel MK and switch to either AK or HS but everything is “unavailable’ on 5/9. I wonder if the system would let me change us …,

This gives me hope! I want to cancel MK and switch to either AK or HS but everything is “unavailable’ on 5/9. I wonder if the system would let me change us …,
Im not going to lead you in any direction on this one but I will say, if you do cancel follow my instructions and you will have the best luck. I see that greyed out dates do sometimes go back yellow or even green (not always).

It shouldn’t be this difficult to go to a park at Disney. I’m not sure this is the thread to air grievances, but the fact that you had to do this to go to a park is ludicrous. I’m no fan of genie+ and lightning lanes either, but honestly the park reservation system is THE WORST. (I’m here now and I DESPISE the lack of spontaneity.)

We actually went to one of the 'blue umbrella' guest services locations at one of the parks, and they were actually able to make such a change for us. Not sure if the timing will work for you - we made a change a couple days in advance for the last day of our stay, and they were great - we didn't have to risk losing the reservation we already had. They clearly have some extra capabilities in this area, so if you can - stop by.

It shouldn’t be this difficult to go to a park at Disney. I’m not sure this is the thread to air grievances, but the fact that you had to do this to go to a park is ludicrous. I’m no fan of genie+ and lightning lanes either, but honestly the park reservation system is THE WORST. (I’m here now and I DESPISE the lack of spontaneity.)
Completely agree. I was so aggravated for a week straight trying to book this park. Seems Disney May be using this as a way get more hoppers purchased and direct people to less popular parks. For us it is annoying, for them it’s genius.

Completely agree. I was so aggravated for a week straight trying to book this park. Seems Disney May be using this as a way get more hoppers purchased and direct people to less popular parks. For us it is annoying, for them it’s genius.
We’re traveling with three 1-4 year olds this trip and some days you just don’t get moving as early as others. To be stuck with a particular park and not be able to change plans is horrible. It’s NOT as simple as “tapping in” and then leaving.

I have 40 years of Disney trips under my belt and while I still love it here and love seeing the reactions of the little ones when they see Mickey, this trip has soured me. We will still come (DVC members) but we will eat in the room, not buy souvenirs, and stay offsite more if all of this continues. (Stayed in an offsite house for a week for the first time this trip and it was WONDERFUL.). I never thought I’d say that. I’m the “Disney guy” to everyone who knows me but the way things are set up now, I just can’t recommend it to others.

But back to the park reservation system, we’re making due this trip, but it’s decidedly less fun.

Not sure I see a direct correlation between park reservations and park hoppers. Whether you have a park hopper or not, you still need a reservation and ticket to an original park. Hopping is optional after that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter