Everything Park Reservations - Please Read Post 1

Thank you for clarifying.
While the website reports availability for three buckets, actual park pass availability in the onsite resort and offsite ticketholder buckets has been identical since parks reopened, suggesting that they have a single shared bucket in practice. AP availability is different.

With apologies to the many AP holders on these boards, I have a lot of trouble understanding or justifying the current inequities across the buckets. Right now for June, every single day shows all four parks available for AP, with the exception of one day (where only MK is unavailable). For on-site guests, however, not a single day has all four parks available. Eight days have zero parks available. Every other day has just Epcot available, except for a single day that also has AK.

Why?

There are still rooms available in many resorts in June. But why would someone book one now? How does this make business sense?

And more generally, wouldn't Disney normally prioritize on-site guests over APs? It is nice to make your most regular and loyal customers happy (something Disney has been doing too little of lately, even pre-Covid). But APs used to be the first ones shut out when the parks hit capacity. Now they are the last ones. Even though they are much more likely to be local and thus have flexibility in when they can attend. And even though Disney makes significantly less money from letting them into the parks than it does from letting resort guests in.

I don't get it.

With apologies to the many AP holders on these boards, I have a lot of trouble understanding or justifying the current inequities across the buckets. Right now for June, every single day shows all four parks available for AP, with the exception of one day (where only MK is unavailable). For on-site guests, however, not a single day has all four parks available. Eight days have zero parks available. Every other day has just Epcot available, except for a single day that also has AK.

Why?

There are still rooms available in many resorts in June. But why would someone book one now? How does this make business sense?

And more generally, wouldn't Disney normally prioritize on-site guests over APs? It is nice to make your most regular and loyal customers happy (something Disney has been doing too little of lately, even pre-Covid). But APs used to be the first ones shut out when the parks hit capacity. Now they are the last ones. Even though they are much more likely to be local and thus have flexibility in when they can attend. And even though Disney makes significantly less money from letting them into the parks than it does from letting resort guests in.

I don't get it.

There may seem to be a lot of AP availability because unless you have a resort reservation, you can only reserve 3 park days. And even if you enter a park, you can't make another reservation until the parks close for the day.

This is why it seems like a lot of availability until the week or so before. Trust me, those spots disappear quickly. Especially Fri-Mon.

Is the availability of parks different if you have existing reservations at a WDW RESORT? I read an article from a site that seemed to suggest that park availability differs for AP, Resort guests, and ticket only holders? If so, how can I access the calendar for Resort guests?
Your question has been merged with the Everything Park Reservations thread. There is a lot of great information here and post 1 will answer your questions also.

Can park reservations be cancelled the day of the reservation; and/or Is there a penalty if I have a reservation into a park and I don't show up? I would be using 'no expiration' tickets that have been converted into MDE.

Thank you,

Can park reservations be cancelled the day of the reservation; and/or Is there a penalty if I have a reservation into a park and I don't show up? I would be using 'no expiration' tickets that have been converted into MDE.

Thank you,
Yes, park reservations may be cancelled right up until the day of the reservation.

There isn't a penalty for not showing up but with the scarcity of reservations it is greatly appreciated when guests take the time to release them. Some people are looking right up until the day of to find a reservation so releasing is a great help

Yes, park reservations may be cancelled right up until the day of the reservation.

There isn't a penalty for not showing up but with the scarcity of reservations it is greatly appreciated when guests take the time to release them. Some people are looking right up until the day of to find a reservation so releasing is a great help
Great reminder!

I thought I saw on a bunch of blogs yesterday that Disney refilled all the availability for June and July with the announcement of increased capacity. Today I went to switch my Epcot and HS days in June and everything is yellow again for resort guests. Is this accurate? Did it fill up in 24 hours?

I just saw the same and looked. Everything only has Epcot only for my days I was considering getting tickets.

It filled up within 24 hours. It was green for June late last night and very early this morning.

I just saw the same and looked. Everything only has Epcot only for my days I was considering getting tickets.

It’s crazy that it filed up in less than 24 hours for the entire month. I was just trying to switch my Epcot/HS day so I could change an ADR. Oh well I’ll keep checking.

I am confused about some prior advice in this thread. I was planning a last minute trip in June but didn’t get to book it in time before the reservations filled back up last week. Some were saying to check the availability not on the general calendar but like you’re actually making a reservation. Is that possible to access if I haven’t yet booked tickets? I haven’t booked a resort or tickets because there’s no availability.

I am confused about some prior advice in this thread. I was planning a last minute trip in June but didn’t get to book it in time before the reservations filled back up last week. Some were saying to check the availability not on the general calendar but like you’re actually making a reservation. Is that possible to access if I haven’t yet booked tickets? I haven’t booked a resort or tickets because there’s no availability.
No it is not. You must have purchased tickets in order to try and book a park reservation. If you don't want to do this you can watch the calendar but even if something opens up, by the time tickets are purchased and reservations are attempted to be made, there is no guarantee the availability will still be there.

Why?

I don't get it.

Have you checked the resorts lately? I know the week we are going in June there are no resorts available. When I booked our room over a month ago the only resorts available were Coronado Springs and Art of Animation. That was it and now those are full as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter