Everything Park Hopping - Please Read Post 1

Thank you. Yes I was talking about changing a park res.
I've heard people on here have a Park Reservation for DHS and then when they didn't get the BG they wanted, they changed the park reservation that morning to another park. So yeah, it's definable possible. As previously mentioned, make sure there is availability in the other park before you cancel your original reservation though.

I posted this in the Here Now thread, but figured I'd post here as well.

Magic Kingdom park hopping is currently unavailable! The park hopping number, 14075605000, is updated with this info.

I posted this in the Here Now thread, but figured I'd post here as well.

Magic Kingdom park hopping is currently unavailable! The park hopping number, 14075605000, is updated with this info.
Thanks for the update as it's the first time this has happened since hopping began again in Jan 2021. Does anyone know if it opened back up to hopping later in the day?

Thanks for the info @GBRforWDW!

I will say this was quite surprising to hear after the low wait times for attractions but it must be there were a lot of people in the parks for reasons other than riding attractions.

Thanks for the update as it's the first time this has happened since hopping began again in Jan 2021. Does anyone know if it opened back up to hopping later in the day?

I will say this was quite surprising to hear after the low wait times for attractions but it must be there were a lot of people in the parks for reasons other than riding attractions.
Yes, I checked back just after 8pm, about 45 minutes before fireworks and park hopping was available again. But yeah, sounds like a ton of people were there for merchandise and food. Those lines looked crazy, judging by the pictures.

Post 1 needs to be updated, notably the part in red ink.

Does anyone else feel like the reservation system makes hopping more important to have? But now I’m starting to get worried about PH availability during our Christmas trip

When hopping to Epcot from MK or vice versa, is the monorail running?
Yes
Does anyone else feel like the reservation system makes hopping more important to have? But now I’m starting to get worried about PH availability during our Christmas trip
I would not worry about availability. PH has been allowed since Jan 1, 2021 and the only time hopping was not allowed to all of the parks was a couple of hours on Oct 1 when guests could not hop to MK. It opened a couple hours later though so really was not a problem.

Is the monorail direct from Epcot to MK?
The Epcot monorail runs from the TTC to/from Epcot. Between MK and the TTC is the Seven Seas Lagoon, which you either have to cross via ferry or go around via monorail (Express monorail travels counterclockwise and stops at MK and TTC only, Resort monorail travels clockwise and stops at TTC, Poly, GF, MK, CR, then TTC again). No matter what, to get from MK to Epcot you have to transfer at the TTC.

No. You will take one monorail from Epcot to the Ticket and Transportation Centre, go down a ramp then back up a second ramp to board a monorail to the MK.

Transportation and Ticket Center.

(sorry... pet peeve of mine... especially when cast members working on the MK parking lot tram say it backwards!)

Do they let you in early for hopping? Like if you get there at 145 will they let you in?

Do they let you in early for hopping? Like if you get there at 145 will they let you in?
They have been known to allow guests in as early as 1:45 but not always and there really isn't a pattern of which parks and on which days. You can try but you won't really know until then.

They have been known to allow guests in as early as 1:45 but not always and there really isn't a pattern of which parks and on which days. You can try but you won't really know until then.
Thanks! We didn’t do a great job today of timing the monorail from MK to Epcot so we’re wondering if it was worth it to try to tap in or not!

Thanks! We didn’t do a great job today of timing the monorail from MK to Epcot so we’re wondering if it was worth it to try to tap in or not!
Did it end up working out for you? How early were you able to get into Epcot?

We will be in Disney for Presidents Week and are planning to do either two or three days at the parks. I was planning to get Park Hopper tickets, but then saw that there may be times you can’t park hop anyway due to availability? I certainly don’t want to pay extra for those tickets and find out we can’t use them the way they are intended. Am I better off just getting regular tickets without the hopping option?

We used to love to park hop, but now I’m not sure.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter