Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Strategy question: On our upcoming Epcot day, we are going to grab Frozen at 7:00 AM instead of Remy. Remy will be gone quickly - we know we have to choose. Has anyone here personally had luck with getting the later in the day Remy releases? Thrill Data shows that they *sometimes* get released later in the day.

Strategy question: On our upcoming Epcot day, we are going to grab Frozen at 7:00 AM instead of Remy. Remy will be gone quickly - we know we have to choose. Has anyone here personally had luck with getting the later in the day Remy releases? Thrill Data shows that they *sometimes* get released later in the day.
From experience Frozen is much easier to pull later in the day than Remy is. The only times I've ever gotten a Remy LL later on it's been at really crappy times that were next to impossible to back up to anything reasonable, and it was all of twice.

Quick question. Can you use Disney Rewards to pay for Genie plus or ILL? I saw that you can use gift cards. We leave Saturday!

Quick question. Can you use Disney Rewards to pay for Genie plus or ILL? I saw that you can use gift cards. We leave Saturday!

I didn't understand what you meant at first and thought you were referring to the Disney Movie Rewards. But that made me think... Disney should let you redeem those points for Genie+! They already let you redeem your rewards for a month of Disney+. I'd love to be able to use my points for something like that for the parks.

Last edited:
Are you referring to the Disney Visa Card rewards? You redeem those for a refillable gift card and can use it for whatever you want in MDE. I recommend storing the gift card number in a note on your phone so you can copy and paste it into the app.

If you get a genie+ lightning lane for four people, Is it possible to modify it for just two of the people later? Or do you have to modify it for the whole group?

Everyone in your party (which are linked on the MDE app and you manage their account) has to stay on property to get ILL at 7:00 correct? I am staying on property and the rest arent but we are are linked and I manage their plans, can I purchase the ILL for everyone at 7:00 or do I have to wait until the parks open so we can all ride together

Everyone in your party (which are linked on the MDE app and you manage their account) has to stay on property to get ILL at 7:00 correct? I am staying on property and the rest arent but we are are linked and I manage their plans, can I purchase the ILL for everyone at 7:00 or do I have to wait until the parks open so we can all ride together
Only people staying inside are eligible for an ILL$ at 7AM. Guests staying offsite will not show as eligible until park opening regardless of who is purchasing.

Only you are eligible at 7AM.

I've read the first threads more than once but still a little confused.

How does the stacking example given on the first page of this thread work if you can only book the very next time available?

I am thinking of going to MK in the afternoon our arrival day. We wouldn't have a ton of time, so stacking with Genie+ seems like a good idea, but I'm not sure it would actually work.

If I understand correctly, I can book the first ride a 7:00 for later that day. Then, I can book the next ride at 9 for later? Example shows 11:00, but I am assuming, you can do it anytime past 9. I can keep booking a ride a every two hours as long as there is availability, and I am not booking the same ride more than once.

I just don't see how that works, though. Would the times not be wrong or they be sold out? It seems like a long shot that I could multiple rides lined up for the afternoon / evening.

I'm thinking we would get to MK around 3. It would be a Saturday and an EEH night, so I'm expecting it to be crowded that night. Is there a way I can make Genie+ work for us, or is there a better option?

I've read the first threads more than once but still a little confused.

How does the stacking example given on the first page of this thread work if you can only book the very next time available?

I am thinking of going to MK in the afternoon our arrival day. We wouldn't have a ton of time, so stacking with Genie+ seems like a good idea, but I'm not sure it would actually work.

If I understand correctly, I can book the first ride a 7:00 for later that day. Then, I can book the next ride at 9 for later? Example shows 11:00, but I am assuming, you can do it anytime past 9. I can keep booking a ride a every two hours as long as there is availability, and I am not booking the same ride more than once.

I just don't see how that works, though. Would the times not be wrong or they be sold out? It seems like a long shot that I could multiple rides lined up for the afternoon / evening.

I'm thinking we would get to MK around 3. It would be a Saturday and an EEH night, so I'm expecting it to be crowded that night. Is there a way I can make Genie+ work for us, or is there a better option?
You're getting there. There is a lot to learn.

You can book your first LL at 7AM. You can book your next LL 2 hours after the park you booked your first LL at opens. This is why the example shows booking your second LL at 11 as it is based on the park opening at 9AM.

It's possible to book multiple rides for later in the day or evening using 2 different methods.

a) Some rides are more popular so their return times quickly increase. E.g. Jungle Cruise or, Peter Pan. These times will very quickly be later in the day. If you book a more popular attraction at 7AM it can already be a later time even at 7AM

b) Book an attraction you can want and then monitor it and modify it for a later time. E.g. At 7AM book Haunted Mansion for a return time of e.g. 10AM. Before 10AM, modify that LL to a later time in the day. You may need to do this more than once.

The first time we used G+ we had about 4 attractions stacked up when we arrived in the park around 3PM.

Hope this helps.

You can book your first LL at 7AM. You can book your next LL 2 hours after the park you booked your first LL at opens. This is why the example shows booking your second LL at 11 as it is based on the park opening at 9AM.

Thanks. This is what I was missing.

Is there a reason to book for earlier and modify? Is that easier than simply waiting for a later time slot to appear or is that just because you need to book something to get started to be able to book again in 2 hours after opening?

Is there a reason to book for earlier and modify? Is that easier than simply waiting for a later time slot to appear or is that just because you need to book something to get started to be able to book again in 2 hours after opening?
The end of your sentence is exactly right. It will lock in your two hour window. If you wait for a later spot, you won't be able to stack as many.

The reason you want to book as soon as you can is to start the 2 hour clock to be eligible to book another attraction.

If you modify the time of a current booking (to either the same attraction or a different one) you do not affect your 2 hour clock.

If you cancel and rebook you do affect your next booking time and the 2 hour clock starts again.

My suggestion is to always modify, never cancel.

OK, I think I'm starting to understand. I need to book something right at 7. Then, I can modify it for a later time that actually works for me, but my 2 hour window will already be active unless I cancel and switch to a different ride. Then, at 11:00, I can book my 2nd ride.

Is there anything in particular I should try for first that might sell out for the whole day besides Jungle Cruise and Peter Pan?

These are my must sees:
  • Peter Pan's Flight
  • BTMR
  • POC
  • HM
  • IASW - I know I'm weird, but I love this one.

My Maybes:
  • TRON Lightcycle / Run
  • SDMT
  • Mickey's PhilharMagic
  • Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
  • Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin

I don't know. Maybe I'm better off to just pay for LL+ for TRON & SDMT and do standby for everything else? I just don't want to feel rushed, and I know we will need dinner in there. Plus, this is my friend's first time, and I see her wanting to spend time looking around at everything. She's never been anywhere except the local zoo before.

Also, just realized that 11 put me in the air without a phone. Am I going to have trouble booking my second attraction at 11:30 when we land?

Are Disney good neighbor hotels condidered on property for 7 am ILL purchases?
No. Among non-Disney-owned hotels, only the Swan, Dolphin, Swan Reserve, and Shades of Green get this perk.
Edit: I see the Swan Reserve is not listed on the screenshot below. It seemingly never is on the Disneyworld website, but it does get the perks that the Swan and Dolphin get.

1713403449268.png

Last edited:
OK, I think I'm starting to understand. I need to book something right at 7. Then, I can modify it for a later time that actually works for me, but my 2 hour window will already be active unless I cancel and switch to a different ride. Then, at 11:00, I can book my 2nd ride.

Is there anything in particular I should try for first that might sell out for the whole day besides Jungle Cruise and Peter Pan?

These are my must sees:
  • Peter Pan's Flight
  • BTMR
  • POC
  • HM
  • IASW - I know I'm weird, but I love this one.

My Maybes:
  • TRON Lightcycle / Run
  • SDMT
  • Mickey's PhilharMagic
  • Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
  • Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin

I don't know. Maybe I'm better off to just pay for LL+ for TRON & SDMT and do standby for everything else? I just don't want to feel rushed, and I know we will need dinner in there. Plus, this is my friend's first time, and I see her wanting to spend time looking around at everything. She's never been anywhere except the local zoo before.

Also, just realized that 11 put me in the air without a phone. Am I going to have trouble booking my second attraction at 11:30 when we land?
Just a couple of things.

When you modify you can modify the time of your currently booked attraction or, modify to a different attraction or time. Never a need to cancel.

Tron is ILL$ Or VQ only. If you are only going to MK on arrival day and no other days, you may wish to highly consider purchasing ILL$ as the chances of a VQ still being available at 3:00 are slim. If you are eligible for EEH you can try at the 6PM drop.

SDMT is ILL$ or standby only. SDMT is not available as a LL reservation.

When you land there will be many LLs still available for you to book.

Judging from this thread, you still need a Ph.D. to understand this overly complicated, labyrinthine system...

Last year, Disney promised much-needed, overdue changes to this boondoggle. Still no sign of those??

Head over to the genie plus rumors thread in the news section that has been asking that same question for over a year

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter