• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

We are a party of 6. Each person is already set up in my Family & Friends list. I plan to buy Genie+ each morning for the entire group. If they each have a credit card in their profile, will all 6 be charged to my credit card? Or will each person's Genie+ be charged to their own card? Thanks.

We are a party of 6. Each person is already set up in my Family & Friends list. I plan to buy Genie+ each morning for the entire group. If they each have a credit card in their profile, will all 6 be charged to my credit card? Or will each person's Genie+ be charged to their own card? Thanks.
It will all be charged to your CC if you buy for everyone. If they each have their own MDE, they could buy G+ themselves, and it would be charged to the CC attached to their MDE account. Once everyone has G+, whether bought all at once or individually, you can book LL for them all at once.

It will all be charged to your CC if you buy for everyone. If they each have their own MDE, they could buy G+ themselves, and it would be charged to the CC attached to their MDE account. Once everyone has G+, whether bought all at once or individually, you can book LL for them all at once.
Thanks! I don't trust that everyone will be as diligent as me being awake each morning. So I'll do it.

Thanks! I don't trust that everyone will be as diligent as me being awake each morning. So I'll do it.
Yes, sometimes you just gotta take one for the team!

Hopefully they'll be diligent in paying you back, in return for your diligence waking up so early on vacation! (Or staying up past midnight - sometimes that's easier, depending on how early you need to leave the hotel the next morning!)

I remember earlier this spring there was some talk amongst Disney TikTokers about the possibility of genie+ going to give the option to pre-select some ride options before the day, similar to the old FP system. Has anyone heard any more buzz about this lately? I was really hoping they'd reveal this for 2024 but it seems like perhaps that was just a pipe dream.

Disney is still trying to figure out how much extra they can charge for this...............
No doubt. Last summer (2022) we paid $15 per person per day. Now, looking at historical prices for the timeframe we visit (late July) it's already jumped to roughly $25 per person per day in 2023. That's $1000 extra for our typical 8 night stay. After doing standby only in 2021, we vowed not to ever visit again until a system like FP+ returned. Last summer with G+ , even given its flaws and frustrations, was a massive improvement over 2021 and we felt we had our happy place back. However, it comes at at a gut punch level of cost. I do feel that we are starting to see the "tipping point" where the cost is just too much and park attendance is significantly down. Folks are now past "revenge travel" or pent up demand from the pandemic and macro economics are starting to show.

Please keep this thread to discussing how Genie, Genie+ and ILL$ are currently functioning. This thread is intended to assist those new to Genie about how to use it.

Off topic posts may be removed

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello! Does the 7am LL time apply to the day I ARRIVE at my hotel?

IE: I am driving in straight to Magic Kingdom then checking into my Disney hotel later the same day. Can I start booking at 7?

Thanks!!!

Hello! Does the 7am LL time apply to the day I ARRIVE at my hotel?

IE: I am driving in straight to Magic Kingdom then checking into my Disney hotel later the same day. Can I start booking at 7?

Thanks!!!
If you are staying on-property and purchase Genie+, yes you are eligible to start booking Lightning Lanes at 7am. However, just know that you may have to adjust what time your slot is based on what time you arrive. You won't be able to book afternoon times at 7am unless all earlier slots are taken by others.

Once I was looking for an afternoon slot on something and had to check every 30 minutes to watch the times, then every 5 minutes to catch it right.

If you want slots for later in the afternoon, be sure to grab a LL right at 7AM, then modify the time later. Same thing if you can get a second LL at 11AM (or whatever 2 hours after open is). That won't reset the '2-hr clock' for making the next one. The MODIFY feature works very well, so don't hold off booking. Hope that makes sense.

Anyone can book a G+ LL at 7 a.m. but in order to book an ILL$ at 7 a.m., you have to be staying on site.

OP, if you want to book an ILL$ (Individual Lightning Lane) at 7 a.m. on the day you arrive, you absolutely can do it, even if you haven't gotten your room yet. Also, you can book it on your departure day, even if you've already checked out.

How does the multiple park Genie+ work? I’m currently in HS, park to Epcot in an hour but the App will not let me pick rides for Epcot??? Do we need to tap into first?

How does the multiple park Genie+ work? I’m currently in HS, park to Epcot in an hour but the App will not let me pick rides for Epcot??? Do we need to tap into first?
If you purchased the multi park it should just work. You would be able to book at any time for the 2nd park, as long as the return time is after 2.

I’m helping friends of ours who are at Hs park hopping to MK around 3 pm. They are staying offsite. The ILL$ for ROTR jumped to 6 pm very quickly at park opening. They booked ILL$ for Tron (4 pm+)

It’s 9:38 am and ROTR ILL$ is 7:40 pm. Thrill data shows very rare drops. Has anyone been able to grab a ILL$ around 1 pm by refreshing? SDMT is pushing 8:30 pm (park open till 11 pm) so I’m wondering if it’s worth waiting for ROTR (limit of 2 ILL$ per day).

Update: I tried refreshing and never saw an earlier time. They just rode ROTR standby with a 70 min wait, but did get SDD, MFSR and MMRR before heading to MK at 3 pm!

Last edited:
If you purchased the multi park it should just work. You would be able to book at any time for the 2nd park, as long as the return time is after 2.
Thanks, I thought so. I think our genie+ just working yesterday, it also wasn’t letting us select a new ride after we tapped into a ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter