Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

This is only my thought but, I'm normally up at 7AM anyways on most Disney days so I'd rather book our first LL at 7AM when I'm puttering around the room getting ready rather than when I'm in line for transportation, getting food or something else that would distract me. Also, then it's done and over and I can start my day without needing to keep checking the clock to ensure I don't miss that crucial first

We just did this yesterday. We set all of our LL for evening, pre MVMCP. We booked our first LL for JC, then 2 hours later booked PP, and then HM. The ride stopped for like a minute in HM, they gave us another LL but by thaintot time options were limited. So we booked Philharmagic, walked into Monsters Inc. This was all pre party. We managed an ADR in there at LTT (won't do that again, QS next time). We had also paid for a late 7DMT to ride in the dark before the party started. These were all stacked between 2:30 and 5pm. It worked beautifully!

We

I have a few "in the weeds" questions for the knowers and doers. On our previous visit (JAN 2022), I'd dutifully arise and be ready to start booking at 7:00. Genie+ was pretty knew, but I got decent at it. Most especially because I learned that at the nine minute window, the ILLs (and LLs) would "repopulate" (with a much lower overall number), and "not available" or "6 PM" return time would start showing again (for a minute or two). Then at 7:18 or so, that process would repeat (with later and later times) until it just didn't repeat cyclically.

Does that refresh still happen? Has the time changed (i.e. now at 12 minutes, or at 7 minutes, which is presumably based on the computer program/code)?

Is there another time in the day when Disney adds population back in again? Like 1 PM or 4 PM or something? Essentially, when should I be very serious about being focused on Genie+?

I think I saw this answered earlier, but would be thankful for confirmation. If I book a tough-to-get 12:15 return time at 7:00, then book a 10:20 ride at 9:00, do I get to book my third at 11:00 (on the 120 minute cycle) or at 10:20 (checking in for my latest LL).

Thank you in advance for any guidance! I may have more questions later, but I appreciate the refresher course :)

Has anyone ever tried to purchase their ILL$ using a Disney Gift Card? Is it easy breezy? We have a bunch of gift cards for food and ILL$ on our upcoming trip, and I'd love to use my credit card as little as possible on this upcoming trip.

Has anyone ever tried to purchase their ILL$ using a Disney Gift Card? Is it easy breezy? We have a bunch of gift cards for food and ILL$ on our upcoming trip, and I'd love to use my credit card as little as possible on this upcoming trip.
Not sure if this is still a problem but earlier this year I lost a Rise ILL trying to pay with a gift card. I pasted the number and then got an error saying my selection had been released. Then they were gone for the day - this was right at park opening.

I did it every day and never had an issue. Have done it on three trips.
I text myself the gift card numbers so I can copy and paste quick, and I copy it before I make my selection.

I did it every day and never had an issue. Have done it on three trips.
I text myself the gift card numbers so I can copy and paste quick, and I copy it before I make my selection.
Great idea! Does it ask for the 8-digit EAN number in addition to the main gift card number?

Great idea! Does it ask for the 8-digit EAN number in addition to the main gift card number?
I haven't needed it when using the Disney app to purchase LL or mobile order. Also I have purchased ILL at "off" times such as mid morning when I decided to purchase Guardians. There weren't a lot of people trying to book then since it wasn't right at park open and it worked that time.

We did stacking starting at 0700 this am. So far I've been able to stack Jingle Cruise, HM, PP, and 7DMT (LL+ purchase). (Plus we have a late lunch ADR within that time period. It was far easier than I expected and next one to stack will be AO for after dark.
Could you explain at what times you made these? As an example of how it worked? I've read and used it and still am not sure.

What is the current thought on the best way to use G+ at Magic Kingdom on a VERY busy day? We will be there 12/21 (in between 2 party days because DD really wants to see fireworks) and I'm wondering what is the best way to use it in this scenario? We don't need Jingle Cruise or Peter Pan but we will want all the mountains and most other first and second tier rides. What do folks recommend? We do plan to be there at park opening and are planning to start in Frontierland (unless folks recommend something different) because we are staying offsite.

What is the current thought on the best way to use G+ at Magic Kingdom on a VERY busy day? We will be there 12/21 (in between 2 party days because DD really wants to see fireworks) and I'm wondering what is the best way to use it in this scenario? We don't need Jingle Cruise or Peter Pan but we will want all the mountains and most other first and second tier rides. What do folks recommend? We do plan to be there at park opening and are planning to start in Frontierland (unless folks recommend something different) because we are staying offsite.
We used genie+ over Thanksgiving (the 23rd, 24th, and 25th). I think the increased price has def. helped with availability. Compared to previous trips, it felt like there was more availability. The 23rd we were at MK and used it on PP and Small World in the am and then stacked for the pm. We left for pool time and I was able to stack Jingle Cruise, Big Thunder, Splash, and Pirates. We then used it for Carpets since we were right there. We had early entry so we did Buzz, Speedway, Dumbo, Barnstormer x 2, and Ariel in the am for park opening.

Are others able to see Lightening Lane availability at 7am? My app just days “check availability” and I’m not able to actually see what current Lightening Lane availability is. I was able to see it yesterday. I’m aware they are working on changing the app to be able to modify a Lightening Lane, so thought it’s related to that perhaps. Wanted to see what others are experiencing

We used genie+ over Thanksgiving (the 23rd, 24th, and 25th). I think the increased price has def. helped with availability. Compared to previous trips, it felt like there was more availability. The 23rd we were at MK and used it on PP and Small World in the am and then stacked for the pm. We left for pool time and I was able to stack Jingle Cruise, Big Thunder, Splash, and Pirates. We then used it for Carpets since we were right there. We had early entry so we did Buzz, Speedway, Dumbo, Barnstormer x 2, and Ariel in the am for park opening.
Yeah I’m kind of nervous to think what the cost will be day! We are also going a party day earlier in our trip and not buying it that day or our EP and AK days. Just 1 MK day and HS. But still, it’s pricey. I have to remind myself the offsite hotel is to pay for G+.

Are others able to see Lightening Lane availability at 7am? My app just days “check availability” and I’m not able to actually see what current Lightening Lane availability is. I was able to see it yesterday. I’m aware they are working on changing the app to be able to modify a Lightening Lane, so thought it’s related to that perhaps. Wanted to see what others are experiencing
That is how it's been for awhile now. They no longer post the return times on the main page until around 7:15 to avoid guest disappointment. Before they made that change you would see an earlier time, click it, then it would suddenly be a later time because everyone and their mom was clicking it simultaneously (you cant give everyone that 9am return time) so many times get pushed back automatically for those first 15 minutes. Hence, they now require you to click the attractions to see your return time.

That is how it's been for awhile now. They no longer post the return times on the main page until around 7:15 to avoid guest disappointment. Before they made that change you would see an earlier time, click it, then it would suddenly be a later time because everyone and their mom was clicking it simultaneously (you cant give everyone that 9am return time) so many times get pushed back automatically for those first 15 minutes. Hence, they now require you to click the attractions to see your return time.
Thank you- I was looking to help a friend plan for a trip next week so am not eligible to book anything, so when I clicked into it was not able to see anything until 715 like you stated. Do you happen to know if there is still a reload around 708-720 of all the LL’s that glitched during the 7am craziness? That’s what I was trying to determine.

Thank you- I was looking to help a friend plan for a trip next week so am not eligible to book anything, so when I clicked into it was not able to see anything until 715 like you stated. Do you happen to know if there is still a reload around 708-720 of all the LL’s that glitched during the 7am craziness? That’s what I was trying to determine.
I haven't been since June so I don't know. But the good news is that starting next week you'll be able modify, so you could just grab whatever is available and then start refreshing until you find the time you want.

Could you explain at what times you made these? As an example of how it worked? I've read and used it and still am not sure.

I began at 0700 and booked my first LL+ (paid) and then my first regular LL. Giving me 2 to start. I believe I was able to choose another unpaid LL at 10:30 as park opening was 8:30, not 9.
I booked the 3rd attraction at 10:30 and the 4th at 12:30. Those were our most important attractions and we planned a quick CS lunch by mobile order in between. We were able to see all the shows we wanted and almost everything else was a less than 15 minute wait! I found it easy to use EXCEPT wifi in the parks suck, whether I used my Verizon or Disney guest! It annoyed me I had room be on my phone so often!

Yeah I’m kind of nervous to think what the cost will be day! We are also going a party day earlier in our trip and not buying it that day or our EP and AK days. Just 1 MK day and HS. But still, it’s pricey. I have to remind myself the offsite hotel is to pay for G+.
Hopefully it won’t be much more then $29. We were traveling with family that had it pre-purchased and we have an annual passes so we just sucked it up so we could tour together. I’m still not a huge fan of it, but it did work a lot better then previous times. On Friday we used it at HS, Epcot, and then even grabbed a space mtn and big thunder for MK to close out the night. Between the party and the genie day you should be good!

* Disclaimer: 'Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane' is new so this post is a work in progress. Please post within the thread or PM @scrappinginontario or @lovethattink to update information in this thread *

Please keep discussions on this thread to Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane.

Here is a new place to talk about everything dealing with Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane! Share your tips and strategies here. What worked for you? What are your Genie plans?

Please be sure to follow DIS guidelines!

As of October 19, 2021, Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane are available to all guests who visit any Walt Disney World theme park.

Disney's official website: Disney Genie Service

GENERAL INFORMATION

Acronyms:
Genie+: G+

Individual Lightning Lane: ILL$

Cost:
Genie: free to all guests. Available on the MyDisneyExperience app

Genie+: Variable pricing. Historical pricing is being tracked here.

ILL$: Priced individually.

ADDITIONAL DETAILS
Genie Information
Genie+ Information
Individual Lightning Lane Information
Genie+ Strategies
Individual Lightning Lane Strategies
Genie+ for Annual Passholders

Another helpful thread: The Genie Usage and Strategy ONLY Thread

A HUGE shoutout to @g-dad66 @GBRforWDW, @cjlong88 and others whom I've asked questions. Without the help of everyone on these boards, these posts could not have been created. THANK YOU for all your help!!!
Can I buy an LL and a Genie+ attraction at 7am? The two of them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter