• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Early Theme Park Entry (ETPE) - Please Read Post 1

This would not be possible as ride shares are not allowed to enter resorts without proof of an ADR.

Options are:
- take bus from AKL to DHS then walk or take Skyliner to IG.
- take a ride share to Swan/Dolphin as there are no parking attendants there
Couldn’t they left the people off prior to the gate to BC/YC or BWI and then they could walk thru the hotel or would security stop them from entering by walking in?

We have decided to stay on property for just 2 nights so we can get the early entry, so now I'm learning how this works. If we just drive to the parks, it looks like they might only let you in 60 mins prior to opening (per post 1). So, if the park is letting you in 90 mins prior, will they let you in to the parking lot 90 mins early? Or do we need to go via a different mode of transport? Thanks!
Note: Transportation is not running 90 mins prior to ETPE. 90 mins is the recommended time to arrive at resort transportation to line up to be among the first guests once transportation starts running.
Couldn’t they left the people off prior to the gate to BC/YC or BWI and then they could walk thru the hotel or would security stop them from entering by walking in?
Vehicles will not be granted access to a resort without either a Disney resort reservation or an ADR.

Last edited:
There isn't a safe place for a car (rideshare) to pull over and let passengers out prior to the gates at YC, BC or BW, because the gate and guard are at the entrance to the resort complex. Swan and Dolphin are different - there's no gate and no guard at the entrance to the resort complex, and a vehicle can drive up to the actual building entrance without entering a gated area.

Would parking at DHS and riding the Skyliner over to Epcot for the early rope drop at IG for Remy be a viable strategy? What time does the Skyliner (weather permitting) start traveling between the parks? No concern of traveling back to DHS later, we wouldn't be staying in Epcot to park close.

Would parking at DHS and riding the Skyliner over to Epcot for the early rope drop at IG for Remy be a viable strategy? What time does the Skyliner (weather permitting) start traveling between the parks? No concern of traveling back to DHS later, we wouldn't be staying in Epcot to park close.
This would be a strategy that would work. Normally the Skyliner starts running approx 75 mins before the first park opens for Early Theme Park Entry.

Are you staying onsite or offsite? Guests staying offsite will face a long line for Remy when they enter the park due to the popularity of Remy and resort guests having early entry.

We are staying onsite and will have access to early entry! Thank you so much for your response. Didn't want to potentially plan to try this if it wasn't viable.

Great!

Another option, if you don’t want to drive your vehicle to DHS and need to go back for it, you can take a bus to DHS then take Skyliner (Friendship Boat, walk) to Epcot.

So based on what I'm reading here.... if staying at an "approved" hotel, we should get to transport area 90 before *posted* early entry time for the park? (ex. reg.park opens at 9, Early is 8:30,be at bus stop by 7?) and if they say EE is 8:30, they really mean 7:30? So we'd be let in prob around that 7:30 mark?

So based on what I'm reading here.... if staying at an "approved" hotel, we should get to transport area 90 before *posted* early entry time for the park? (ex. reg.park opens at 9, Early is 8:30,be at bus stop by 7?) and if they say EE is 8:30, they really mean 7:30? So we'd be let in prob around that 7:30 mark?
My timeframe when I was going to Hollywood Studios from Pop Century last month for 8:00 early entry was this:
6:30 lined up for skyliner. About 2 dozen people in front of me.
6:55 skyliner began loading
7:10 through security and in line for tapstiles
7:35 went through tapstiles
7:40 lined up for Slinky Dog Dash
7:55 they began letting people into the actual ride queue.
8:00 took 5 minutes to get through the queue to the ride loading and we were on the ride.

Each park is different, but I'd say we were actually in the park about 30 minutes before early entry time.

It is recommended to arrive at transportation 90 mins before ETPE begins.

Using your examples above, IF ETPE begins at 8:30, arrive at 7AM in all cases if you wish to be towards the front of the crowds.

Does anyone still do the Rideshare to Speedway dropoff/walk in to HS thing? Or is that not necessary due to Rideshare ability to drop off where buses drop off (prior to parking lot opening)?

It is recommended to arrive at transportation 90 mins before ETPE begins.

Using your examples above, IF ETPE begins at 8:30, arrive at 7AM in all cases if you wish to be towards the front of the crowds.
What is best timing practice if using Rideshare dropoff vs. Disney transport? Aim to be dropped off 1 hour prior to ETPE begins?

Does anyone still do the Rideshare to Speedway dropoff/walk in to HS thing? Or is that not necessary due to Rideshare ability to drop off where buses drop off (prior to parking lot opening)?
No longer needed as rideshares enter via bus entrance.

What is best timing practice if using Rideshare dropoff vs. Disney transport? Aim to be dropped off 1 hour prior to ETPE begins?
Hopefully someone can help with this. We don't use rideshares as we find Disney transport works really well. Hopefully someone else can help with this.

No longer needed as rideshares enter via bus entrance.

Hopefully someone can help with this. We don't use rideshares as we find Disney transport works really well. Hopefully someone else can help with this.
Thank you!

What I am looking for is how far in advance of published park opening to aim for Rideshare drop-off at HS, EP/Swolphin, and AK to be at the front of the pack :) I am thinking 60 minutes prior to park open for AK and Swolphin/EP, and maybe 75 min for HS?

We will use Disney bus from SSR to MK to avoid the TTC and will follow the "be at the bus 90 mins prior to park open"
recommendation for that day.

I really appreciate the help...we are infrequent visitors spending the requisite entire year's vacation budget for 5 days there, and I have two 11-year-old ride hounds in our party who want to ride ALL the good things as many times as possible :)

Anyone in my "Rideshare To Rope Drop For ETPE" demographic who has been recently, I'd love to hear from you.

My friend is checking into the Dolphin on Sunday but doing MK on Sunday first . I see the Dolphin/Swan qualify for early park entry that day.... will she be able to use that if she hasn't officially checked into her hotel yet? How do they verify she is indeed staying there, can she link to her Disney app and they check that way?

Thanks!

My friend is checking into the Dolphin on Sunday but doing MK on Sunday first . I see the Dolphin/Swan qualify for early park entry that day.... will she be able to use that if she hasn't officially checked into her hotel yet? How do they verify she is indeed staying there, can she link to her Disney app and they check that way?

Thanks!
As long as her reservation is linked in her MDE account she should be all set. Just have her double check because sometimes the reservations drop off MDE and she may have to re-add it.

We will be staying onsite at Boardwalk Villas for the first part of our trip then at Kidani. (Dec 2-10)
We will be doing rope drop at all the parks.
My question is what time should we arrive for rope drop (how much earlier than the early entry times) for each park?

Our first day at Epcot we will be entering through the international gateway. Our second Epcot day will be through the front entrance.

Thanks so much!

We will be staying onsite at Boardwalk Villas for the first part of our trip then at Kidani. (Dec 2-10)
We will be doing rope drop at all the parks.
My question is what time should we arrive for rope drop (how much earlier than the early entry times) for each park?

Our first day at Epcot we will be entering through the international gateway. Our second Epcot day will be through the front entrance.

Thanks so much!
Please read post 1 of this thread.

Anyone recently try to get PPF at ETPE? How long is the wait even with ETPE?
My plan:
ILL purchase SDMT
G+ first book JC

ETPE PPF (However, I'll try to book my next G+LL for PPF, if the line is too long at ETPE.)
I noticed no one answered your question and it got lost in the shuffle. Hopefully someone will. I’m also curious to know how long the line will be if you’re not at the spear of the crowd because you don’t walk too fast, even though you may have been first at turnstiles.

Anyone recently try to get PPF at ETPE? How long is the wait even with ETPE?
My plan:
ILL purchase SDMT
G+ first book JC

ETPE PPF (However, I'll try to book my next G+LL for PPF, if the line is too long at ETPE.)
My experience isn't recent--it's from May--but it's been this way every time I've been to MK and done ETPE in the last two years:

By the time I got to PPF, the wait was already quite long, like 40 or 50 or 60 minutes, minimum. And one of those times I was very near the front of the ETPE line but I didn't run to PPF.

So if you're a sprinter, it can be done. If not, consider using G+ for PPF or plan on waiting in line.

Our new "traditional" first ride at MK is now Pooh, which sometimes isn't open right at ETPE, but we wait around for like 10 minutes, and it opens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter