Everything about PhotoPass and Memory Maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup... I'm not doubting you. But that is the point of my posts... Its inconsistent. Your experience differs from mine for some reason (dead battery for long range RFID doesn't seem to be the issue in my case). Maybe it suppose to be working without tapping, but sometimes tapping seems to be necessary...

I mean, I'd hate to tell someone "no need to tap" and them miss out on photos that they would have got if they took the extra few steps and seconds to tap...
Agreed. Odd that it works differently. Pretty much guaranteed that it wasn't a dead battery issue for you, so something else has to be in play. Since it happened multiple times not only on different days, but in different months, it seems unlikely that there was an issue with the reader being down, though I suppose that is a possibility.

On the off chance that anyone SHOULD get home and discover photos missing, if they contact photopass, give a description of the people, what they were wearing, what attraction, and possibly the time frame, there is a decent chance that the photos can be found. However, I certainly wouldn't advise that as being your number one plan.

I personally have never bothered tapping to get the photos, but honestly, I can't be certain that I have always gotten them all either.

And so, I have learned something here, that I should have already known, and that is technology can, and will go wrong. In the future, on the way out of those rides, I will take a moment and tap to be sure I get my photos.

The thing I love most about the DIS . . . . so many different posters, with such varying experiences, means we all get a chance to learn something new!

Your advice is great!

I'll add our experience. We rode Splash 3 consecutive times one evening thanks to 3 Anytime FPs. Out of the three rides, only 1 photo was ours, the others were of other logs.

The only reason why one was correct was because we tapped a MB at the monitor because it was a good, silly photo. After that experience, we’ve taken the time to tap and then move on because we like to at least view how our photo turned out rather than seeing photos that belong to others.

I try to tap also just in case. For Splash, the room with the monitors is before you get to the gift shop and very easy to miss, which I did last December (the first time I'd rode it since 1996). I didn't receive a picture. Fortunately, it wasn't that big of a deal (live about 75-90 minutes away) and I made sure to tap the next time. I would say 99% of the time I end up with two copies of the picture when I tap (one from tapping and one from detecting the MagicBand), but that one time in a hundred (higher apparently in some cases)...it doesn't work.

One Day Memory Maker: Price is now $69.99

View attachment 299827

They raised the price. I believe it was $59.99 last Summer/Fall for one day. If you bought more than 4 pictures, it was cheaper to get the one day MemoryMaker.

Yes, the one day price has gone up. I'm going to leave this pricing list here. It is accurate as of 2/3/2018 and is in part a test for a new PhotoPass / Memory Maker thread that is in the works.

Pricing.jpg

Last edited:

I always tap my magicband in case. Can't reply them automatically appearing. My pirates one did automatically appear though on my last trip

Not sure if it's related enough to include here, but had to share my wonderful experience TRYING to make a calendar on Disney's photopass site.

I typically have my act together and make these in early Dec; didn't get to it this year. I figured I'd get to it in Jan and just order a calendar with a Feb18 start. Should be no problem. They have a drop down and you just select the start month you want.

Well, it's February and the drop down menu currently has the following options:
  • Jan17
  • Feb17
  • Mar17
  • Apr17
  • May17
  • Jun17
  • Jul17
  • Aug17
  • Sep17
  • Oct17
  • Nov17
  • Dec17
  • Jan18
Can anyone explain to me who would be creating a calendar today with ANY of these months as a start?!?

So, 3 emails to customer service later... where I am told:
  1. Try using the drop down menu (yes, I know that)
  2. We can see Feb - try again (they were seeing Feb 2017 -- not so useful)
  3. It's your browser -- try Google Chrome (obviously nonsense, but I try it anyway, and same thing)
Finally I call, and the CM says "oh... yeah... I see that. That's a website-wide problem. I'll have to forward that along to our tech support and they'll get back to you once it's fixed."

I will never, NEVER understand what is up with Disney IT. Amazing.

So I guess I'm waiting... until someone realizes that NONE of the start dates they currently list on their calendar website options make ANY sense for anyone currently looking to order a calendar. Amazing.

Not sure if it's related enough to include here, but had to share my wonderful experience TRYING to make a calendar on Disney's photopass site.

I typically have my act together and make these in early Dec; didn't get to it this year. I figured I'd get to it in Jan and just order a calendar with a Feb18 start. Should be no problem. They have a drop down and you just select the start month you want.

• Jan17
  • Feb17
  • Mar17
  • Apr17
  • May17
  • Jun17
  • Jul17
  • Aug17
  • Sep17
  • Oct17
  • Nov17
  • Dec17
  • Jan18
Can anyone explain to me who would be creating a calendar today with ANY of these months as a start?!?

3. It's your browser -- try Google Chrome (obviously nonsense, but I try it anyway, and same thing)
Finally I call, and the CM says "oh... yeah... I see that. That's a website-wide problem. I'll have to forward that along to our tech support and they'll get back to you once it's fixed."

So I guess I'm waiting... until someone realizes that NONE of the start dates they currently list on their calendar website options make ANY sense for anyone currently looking to order a calendar. Amazing.
I recently had a calendar made by Vista Print. It was a bit pricey, but I have to say, the quality was quite good, and I am more than happy with the results. I'm not sure how they compare price wise to using PhotoPass, but at least it is an option to look at.

Last edited:

Hi everyone,

I'm sure the answer to my question is in this thread somewhere, but I can't seem to find search terms that get me what I need.

I just pre-purchased memory maker. In My Disney Experience, it says it is assigned to me. However, if I'm reading the first post of this thread correctly, anyone who is in my account can scan their bands and have photos added, is that correct? Anything else I need to do to link everyone to it?

Thanks!
Christin

Hi everyone,

I'm sure the answer to my question is in this thread somewhere, but I can't seem to find search terms that get me what I need.

I just pre-purchased memory maker. In My Disney Experience, it says it is assigned to me. However, if I'm reading the first post of this thread correctly, anyone who is in my account can scan their bands and have photos added, is that correct? Anything else I need to do to link everyone to it?

Thanks!
Christin
Yes that is correct. Anyone linked to your MDE account can use memory maker. Just make sure your whole party is listed in your account. You can do that in MDE even if they are in a different room. Only the person with the memory maker account in MDE will be able to download the photos. So if you have people in separate rooms they can get their pictures taken and they can look at them but only the person assigned to memory maker can actually download the pictures. I hope this answers your question.

Yes that is correct. Anyone linked to your MDE account can use memory maker. Just make sure your whole party is listed in your account. You can do that in MDE even if they are in a different room. Only the person with the memory maker account in MDE will be able to download the photos. So if you have people in separate rooms they can get their pictures taken and they can look at them but only the person assigned to memory maker can actually download the pictures. I hope this answers your question.

Yes, this is exactly what I needed to know, thanks for the quick reply!

• Jan17
  • Feb17
  • Mar17
  • Apr17
  • May17
  • Jun17
  • Jul17
  • Aug17
  • Sep17
  • Oct17
  • Nov17
  • Dec17
  • Jan18

On the off chance that anyone else was trying to make a calendar, just received an email that the issue is resolved:

“Thank you for contacting Disney PhotoPass®.

We appreciate your patience as the Disney PhotoPass® Service has been working through the technical difficulties you have been experiencing with your account. We are pleased to inform you that our team has been able to resolve your issue with the Photo Calendar Project.

We have updated the Start Months and you can now choose to start in any month in 2018,

Please let us know if we can further assist you in any way. We hope you enjoy viewing and sharing your Disney PhotoPass® Memories.”

On the off chance that anyone else was trying to make a calendar, just received an email that the issue is resolved:

“Thank you for contacting Disney PhotoPass®.

We appreciate your patience as the Disney PhotoPass® Service has been working through the technical difficulties you have been experiencing with your account. We are pleased to inform you that our team has been able to resolve your issue with the Photo Calendar Project.

We have updated the Start Months and you can now choose to start in any month in 2018,

Please let us know if we can further assist you in any way. We hope you enjoy viewing and sharing your Disney PhotoPass® Memories.”
Seems a little too late to make a calendar for 2018 since it is already February. Are they discounting the calendars? Just putting the photos in a book sounds like it would be less of a waste but I don't know if there is a cost difference.

We have people with all different MDE accounts, can we see each others photos?
A: Yes, use the friends and family link account options to link all the accounts together and photos anyone takes with photopass will appear to everyone they are linked too.

If you are an annual passholder or traveling with one, buy nothing in advance as they already have unlimited downloads at no extra cost. If it is someone you are traveling with, make sure you like MDE accounts together so your photos will share and they can access them. They will be the one to download and send you a copy of the photos.
:thumbsup2 Thanks this is exactly what I needed to know. We're going for our annual trip in June. Normally I buy Memory Maker but this year my DD has an AP and insisted I don't need memory maker as long as everyone links to her MDE. She said she would be able to download all pictures from the trip. I was concerned because I didn't want to miss out on my pic's. Now I see she's right, so I feel better.:)

Seems a little too late to make a calendar for 2018 since it is already February. Are they discounting the calendars? Just putting the photos in a book sounds like it would be less of a waste but I don't know if there is a cost difference.
Not that I know of. But you can order a calendar that begins in March, let's say, and it will just run through Feb 2019.

Not that I know of. But you can order a calendar that begins in March, let's say, and it will just run through Feb 2019.
Most people usually don't buy calendars that run March to February. If it were me I would expect a discount because it is Disney PhotoPass' fault you couldn't get a calendar made by January 1st.

Most people usually don't buy calendars that run March to February. If it were me I would expect a discount because it is Disney PhotoPass' fault you couldn't get a calendar made by January 1st.
I think you’re right. When I read their email after such a long runaround, I was wishing that had at least included a discount. They’re pretty stingy with those, though...

I just want to verify that if I decide to upgrade to an AP from my hoppers with Memory Maker that either the MM cost will be rolled into the upgrade or it will be refunded? I know the first post says that it will be rolled into the upgrade, but it seems like I've read some cases where people had issues with that or a refund. Was that just a case of a CM not knowing what to do or has the policy changed?

Trying to decide if I should just cancel MM now and do it when I'm there (though I hate to lose three days of photos).

I just want to verify that if I decide to upgrade to an AP from my hoppers with Memory Maker that either the MM cost will be rolled into the upgrade or it will be refunded? I know the first post says that it will be rolled into the upgrade, but it seems like I've read some cases where people had issues with that or a refund. Was that just a case of a CM not knowing what to do or has the policy changed?

Trying to decide if I should just cancel MM now and do it when I'm there (though I hate to lose three days of photos).

You won’t lose any pictures if you cancel MM now and wait to upgrade to AP when you’re there. After you upgrade, every PhotoPass photo you’ve taken in the previous 365 days will magically appear back in your PhotoPass account.

You won’t lose any pictures if you cancel MM now and wait to upgrade to AP when you’re there. After you upgrade, every PhotoPass photo you’ve taken in the previous 365 days will magically appear back in your PhotoPass account.

Right. I'm just thinking on the 2% chance I don't upgrade though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter