Everyone was safe in our Dec 12-20 trip, but it was a crazy time.

Chief10

Earning My Ears
We had re-planned this trip after cancelling it over two years ago - at the beginning of the Pandemic. 2 Grans, 2 parents, and 2 children. Safety has always been #1 in our thoughts. We arrived early Monday morning, checked bags and attempted to enter Animal Kingdom first. Crowds were starting to build up, but we pushed on, vaccinated, boostered, and masked. Things went well, but there were more and more instances of people not wearing their masks correctly, or continuously. Same thing for the other three parks we visited. After we left WDW, and started to look through the pictures that were taken on the rides (by Disney), I was surprised at the number of people that removed their masks during the picture areas! Disney used to blank out people that used gestures in the past to keep the pictures G rated, but not now. Their case for opening the parks and not enforcing their own rules make us feel very unsafe. Although we made it home safely and passed our Covid tests, it was a stressful trip. Now that the new virus variant(s) are out there, almost guaranteeing that there will be an uptick in cases (and not sure that herd immunity is possible according to the reports that we follow daily), we are thinking long and hard about another vacation. We have been visiting Disney properties for over 49 years. Prices are also out of control - and I personally don't think that Disney is coming anywhere near the "magic" that they worked so hard to make happen. I will not waste any more time relating the failures (every day) of no recognition of special events (Anniversary, First time) 3 out of 4 days. I personally saw the stamp on the back of the multiple restaurant check-in tickets indicating the special event. Although the cast tried to do a good job, I wondered if they were as onboard as they seemed. They got good tips from us, but no recognation "magic" was there. We did not expect it, until we realized that there wasn't. Sorry it is not a more positive visit report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter