Everybody Wants to be a WISH Cat (or dog, or goose, etc...) - October 2016 WISH Challenge

I am so sorry you feel that way! I think @Lady Marie hit on an important point: you are more likely to hear about all the positive things in other people's lives than the not so great ones. And everyone has their own victories and I think you have acchieved so much to be proud of: losing so much weight, running all those half marathons and also getting your MBA while you were working! And those are all big ones as none of they all solely depend on your inner strength and willpower, not on good luck or the right connections.

I forgot about the MBA!!! Is Courtney wonderwoman or what!!!! There is no stopping her once she puts her mind on something

Sorta off topic but.... who posted about Kodiak Cakes on here a few months ago? @Oneanne , was that you? I just want to throw in here that I just found them at my grocery store last night and had one of the pop in the microwave flapjack on the go for this morning and YUM!!!! Thanks for posting-- I would have never gotten these had I not heard about them on here!

Ok I have another WhooHoo! Before vacations I usually panic about will I keep the weight off and how will I resist the temptation, how will I get back to normal. This time, I focused so much on keeping it happy and sustainable this time, I ate out, I enjoyed the food I eat, I don't over do it with my workouts.

I am not worried at all about holiday eating or weight gain! (vacation as they call holidays in US :) )I feel supper comfortable with my eating and activity levels, I am super happy that I reached my goal, and that I adjusted it to feel sustainable - it was totally worth it!

Hmmmm Woohoo for the week. Tonight is a girls night our per-say. 2 of my fiends and thier daughters along with my daughter and I are going the an event where the US Olympic gymnastics team will perform. The 3 girls are so excited. We all just told them this week. All did gymnastics when we got the tickets but now my daughter does dance. After breaking her ankle she refuses to go gymnastics. She says she does not want to get hurt again. SHHHH don't tell her that she can get hurt in dance too!

This next one is a woohoo but also a boohoo. This Saturday will be my daughters last vision therapy. YAY!!!!!! In a way though I am not ready for it to be over though. She has worked really hard over the past few months. I have heard they can slip back into the issues as they get older and have more challenging work in school. I think I am just afraid it will get bad again after we stop going.

Also, this week I have been doing pretty good with my food. Working out is still so so but my husband and I did go for a long walk on Monday. We should be able to go tomorrow too. I am not expecting to lose anything this week because I have another issue that will prevent that but hoping to end the month at a 2 pound lose. I only need to lose 1.4 pounds at this point.

My woohoo's:

- Knocked out my first 1/2 marathon last weekend.
- Got to meet and hang with @courtneybeth and her husband for a little bit.
- Got some new clothes that fit, down to a large shirt now and a 34 waist - never thought I would get here, I was hoping for a 38 waist when it all started!!!
- The weather here has finally broke and we are done with the 80+ temps.
- Have parent/teacher conferences Thursday and Friday. That means I can sleep in tomorrow and a half day on Friday.
- No plans for the weekend... can't wait to relax and watch football!

@4Mickeys , @HappyGrape , @Lady Marie , @Flossbolna and @piglet1979

I just wanted to say a BIG thank you to all of you for your kind words when I really needed a little boost. The last 36 hours haven't been so kind, but sometimes all you need is a little reassurance from friends. :grouphug:

I woke up this morning feeling SO MUCH BETTER and feel that my mind and worries have been alleviated... well, within reason. I'm always worrying about something but not enough to the point of where I am feeling sadface.jpg.

Feeling down on this Wednesday, I think I have hit a plateau with weight loss. I told myself that I would just focus on getting what my body needs for now but it is pretty depressing to not see the scale move in 2 weeks. I decided I needed a break. I am letting this be a day where I am not worried about calories etc and met up DH for lunch at our favorite biscuit joint. It is also a non running day which I am thankful for, my legs are super tired.

I just wanted to say a BIG thank you to all of you for your kind words when I really needed a little boost. The last 36 hours haven't been so kind, but sometimes all you need is a little reassurance from friends. :grouphug:

Happy to hear that you feel better!! I also just realized that we might be at WDW at the same time when I had a proper look at your ticker! When are you going to be there exactly?

Woohoos:

I went for a really great run! Still not running more than 4km at a time, but I just felt happy and strong all through the run! Can't wait for getting up to longer runs soon!

I also am about to book the next set of flights for seeing my boyfriend! Will visit him in Florida before Christmas and now I found a great airfare for early 2017 as well! Already got the vacation approved at work, so hopefully will book it tonight.

I woke up this morning feeling SO MUCH BETTER and feel that my mind and worries have been alleviated... well, within reason. I'm always worrying about something but not enough to the point of where I am feeling

So glad to hear you are feeling more cheerful today :)

I decided I needed a break. I am letting this be a day where I am not worried about calories etc and met up DH for lunch at our favorite biscuit joint. It is also a non running day which I am thankful for, my legs are super tired.

Well then woohoo for taking a break today for both your legs and your calorie count. You need that sometimes -- Good for you! :-)

I also just realized that we might be at WDW at the same time when I had a proper look at your ticker! When are you going to be there exactly?

That's so exciting - I'm assuming you're talking about the December trip?

We arrive mid-afternoon on December 9 and depart at 6am on December 16. I wonder if any of our days will overlap? We are doing 1 park per day, so hopefully our days line up and we can meet up for a cake pop or other treat :)

That's so exciting - I'm assuming you're talking about the December trip?

We arrive mid-afternoon on December 9 and depart at 6am on December 16. I wonder if any of our days will overlap? We are doing 1 park per day, so hopefully our days line up and we can meet up for a cake pop or other treat :)

Yes we do overlap! Just send you a PM. However, no cake pop for me and no croque glacee (or what that thing was called), but many other treats are absolutely a possibility!

Hey friends...... busy life and lack of laptop (DD's broke so she is borrowing mine), has definitely had a negative effect on the amount of time I spend here with you all! Yikes! I cannot remember the last time I was away from the monthly thread this much! So sorry!

I should have some time in the morning to answer the last few QOTD and hopefully jump back in! ..........P

What reasons do you have to add a little pep to your step this week!?

- woohoo to my kids for being supportive about the no junk this month - although DD did say to me last night what are we having for dinner on November 1? I looked at her puzzled and said I have no idea why? She said well its a new month! I then realised she meant she wanted takeout :rotfl: She is planning ahead!

you are more likely to hear about all the positive things in other people's lives than the not so great ones.

Yes this so much and the combination of social media like Lady Marie said - I have a friend who is married - and when I complain about my situation she says to me that I never really know how peoples marriages are .... now this is because she has wanted to leave her hubby several times - he has even moved out a couple of times but moves back in - she talks to him and about him to her closest friends just horribly - but if you went on her facebook page it would appear to the world that she loves him completely and thinks he is a wonderful husband and father!

well, well, well.. I don't want to repeat but...

3 sleeps to Disney!!!!

Can I just say totally jealous but :woohoo: for you hope you have a great time.

but sometimes all you need is a little reassurance from friends

That's why we are here - glad you are feeling better. :D

Feeling down on this Wednesday, I think I have hit a plateau with weight loss. I told myself that I would just focus on getting what my body needs for now but it is pretty depressing to not see the scale move in 2 weeks. I decided I needed a break. I am letting this be a day where I am not worried about calories etc and met up DH for lunch at our favorite biscuit joint. It is also a non running day which I am thankful for, my legs are super tired.

It is disheartening but keep on it - I know it will surprise you with a loss when you aren't expecting it based on the experience others have reported on here.

just felt happy and strong all through the run! Can't wait for getting up to longer runs soon!

That is fantastic - I know how much trouble that foot has been giving you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter