• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW

I don't think Uber/Lyft can get into the Treehouses, but I'm not 100% sure. There is an unattended gate at the entrance. It probably has an intercom, but I don't know whether Security will remotely open it for Uber drivers.

I'd advise asking the hotel staff when you check in. If they can't give you a firm answer, play it safe and go to the check-in porte cochére and summon Uber from there.

The main checkin at saratoga is way far. Id recommend walking up to that gate, and going from there. Id also call my driver to let them know the deal since its an odd situation.

Thank you both very much. Can the car pick us up at the gate? Do I have to let the SSR gate know a car is coming for me to have them let them come on to the property?

Thanks.

Thank you both very much. Can the car pick us up at the gate? Do I have to let the SSR gate know a car is coming for me to have them let them come on to the property?

Thanks.
The Treehouses are physically separate from the rest of SSR, connected by walking and cart paths but no vehicle roadway. The entrance to the Treehouses has its own gate to the main road; there's no guard there, so no one to notify.

I think Rob is suggesting that you just walk out to that unattended gate, and have the driver pick you up by the side of the road. IIRC, there is room to pull off the road and turn around outside the gate, but you would want to be there when the driver arrives so they would not block the gate waiting for you. IIRC (again), there's a small housekeeping service building just inside the gate; you could wait in their driveway to be safely out of traffic.

Last edited:
I'll be spending one night mid-trip at Universal's Hard Rock would like to use Uber for transfers between the Hard Rock and Pop Century. Is there a decent chance that
drivers will be available as early as 6:00 AM?

Thanks!

I'll be spending one night mid-trip at Universal's Hard Rock would like to use Uber for transfers between the Hard Rock and Pop Century. Is there a decent chance that
drivers will be available as early as 6:00 AM?

Thanks!
We went to US from Wilderness Lodge in October and had no issues at 630 am, I doubt 6am would be much different.. You have people going from WDW to US and I'm sure the other way also for early AM's.

Planned on using uber 2 times, wound up using it 4 times.. LOVED IT.. I admitted to becoming an uber junkie this week. The ease of us, price, and service was just great.

I know this is an old comment but that was us!!! We giggled with joy at the resort entrance gazing at the HUGE crowd at the bus and hopping in an uber and zipping away..ahhhhhhhh

Ok, so for a pick up at Epcot, walking to the Beach Club would be my best option, correct?

not necessarily, depends on, what side of epcot you are on ..in future world pickup is out near bus area. if near international gateway then yes Beach Club
Will be near the international gateway, so Beach Club it is.

Thinking about taking an Uber from off site to do Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review at Fort Wilderness. Where would I give a drop off point in Uber? I know they won't drop me off at Pioneer Hall, so I'm curious as to where I would have the driver drop me off.

The driver would drop you off at the Fort Wilderness parking lot. From there you would take the internal FW bus back to Pioneer Hall. Alternatively, have the driver drop you at the Contemporary or WL and take the boat to FW.

What do you think the chances of getting an Uber Family at like 7am are? (From POR to HS) We have an 8:05 ADR at HS on May 4th. Want to get there as early as possibe (for if they let us in at 7:45) to sign up for JTA.

I have an almost 3yo who needs the carseat and a Bubblebum (inflatable booster) for my 6yo. DH and I would be going to obviously.

Is uber family a viable option at that hour? Or just hope the buses are running early and on time?

My 7 month old and I will be traveling to Disney on our own for a few days in February. I'm thinking about using Uber to get home after fireworks one night because he was miserable on the bus at night on our last trip. He'll be fine in a car. Will I have a hard time getting a driver that has a car seat? Is there any way to know that they driver has a rear facing car seat? How soon before I want to be picked up should I make my request and then typically how long is the wait after making a request?

I'm also thinking about using Uber to get from Disney to my grandmother in Tampa.

My 7 month old and I will be traveling to Disney on our own for a few days in February. I'm thinking about using Uber to get home after fireworks one night because he was miserable on the bus at night on our last trip. He'll be fine in a car. Will I have a hard time getting a driver that has a car seat? Is there any way to know that they driver has a rear facing car seat? How soon before I want to be picked up should I make my request and then typically how long is the wait after making a request?

I'm also thinking about using Uber to get from Disney to my grandmother in Tampa.
This is the Uber policy on car seats in Orlando:

RESTRICTIONS: One car seat available in each uberFAMILY vehicle. Weight range: 25 lbs-60 lbs. Suitable for children between ages 2-6.

So officially, infant car seats are not supported. Unofficially, some of the car seats that Uber allows are convertibles. I think the only thing you can do is request a car seat, and then, after the car has been assigned, call the driver and ask whether they have a convertible car seat and they are able to install it rear-facing. You can contact the driver inside the app after a car is assigned.

If you're at MK, you will need to go either to TTC or to CR to get an Uber. Wait until you are no more than a minute or two away before requesting.

Going to Tampa, some drivers may not be willing to go that far. Again, I would suggest calling the driver after the car is assigned to let them know where you're going and make sure that they're OK with it, in addition to checking on the car seat. You might have better luck finding an XL that will go to Tampa, as they get a higher rate.

This is the Uber policy on car seats in Orlando:

RESTRICTIONS: One car seat available in each uberFAMILY vehicle. Weight range: 25 lbs-60 lbs. Suitable for children between ages 2-6.

So officially, infant car seats are not supported. Unofficially, some of the car seats that Uber allows are convertibles. I think the only thing you can do is request a car seat, and then, after the car has been assigned, call the driver and ask whether they have a convertible car seat and they are able to install it rear-facing. You can contact the driver inside the app after a car is assigned.

If you're at MK, you will need to go either to TTC or to CR to get an Uber. Wait until you are no more than a minute or two away before requesting.

Going to Tampa, some drivers may not be willing to go that far. Again, I would suggest calling the driver after the car is assigned to let them know where you're going and make sure that they're OK with it, in addition to checking on the car seat. You might have better luck finding an XL that will go to Tampa, as they get a higher rate.

Boo...just read about that on the website too. I guess I'll be renting a car! Thank you for your help!

Boo...just read about that on the website too. I guess I'll be renting a car! Thank you for your help!
Not sure that helps you a lot after fireworks. You'll still have to get back to the parking lot on something.

We used Uber a few times last August when staying at SSR, and the service was excellent. I did have a couple of questions though which it would be great to get answers to (we are returning this Summer).

1 - I have a windows phone, and the app never seemed to recognise Disney hotel locations. Because of this, I had to find the official addresses for booking, but often the driver wouldn't understand from the address where it was that we actually wanted to go - is there some form of preferred format for hotel addresses that would be more informative?

2. Because we were looking for pick up from the back of our building at SSR, rather than the lobby, I always texted or called the driver to explain where we were, but this was quite expensive (coming from the UK), so I wondered if the GPS was specific enough for them to be able to find us?

Thanks

We used Uber a few times last August when staying at SSR, and the service was excellent. I did have a couple of questions though which it would be great to get answers to (we are returning this Summer).

1 - I have a windows phone, and the app never seemed to recognise Disney hotel locations. Because of this, I had to find the official addresses for booking, but often the driver wouldn't understand from the address where it was that we actually wanted to go - is there some form of preferred format for hotel addresses that would be more informative?
Did you try putting "Disney's" in front of the resort name. That's how they're listed on Google.
2. Because we were looking for pick up from the back of our building at SSR, rather than the lobby, I always texted or called the driver to explain where we were, but this was quite expensive (coming from the UK), so I wondered if the GPS was specific enough for them to be able to find us?
The GPS pin should show your actual location. It's up to the driver whether he's sharp enough to realize that you want to be picked up at the room rather than the lobby. I suggest you go to the actual location at the curb and wait a few seconds after opening the app for the GPS to narrow in before requesting the ride. Make sure you're there before the car arrives. Watch the car's location on your phone to see if it's headed in the right direction. If the driver can't find you, he should try to phone or text.

Thanks - will remember the Disney bit and to wait for the GPS to catch up - hadn't thought about that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter