Ever hear a character "speak"?

Last August I was posing for a picture with Pinocchio and Gepetto at Epcot. Gepetto took my sunglasses off and went Ggrrrrrrr..... in my ear. It really freaked me out and I felt a little uncomfortable. :hyper:

About 3 years ago, in the Toon Town Fair Hall of Fame, our then 3 year old daughter told Eeyore that he was not real. He got really close to her and (in near perfect Eeyore voice) said, "I am real." She stood in stunned silence not knowing what to do.

We have it on video tape.

Just kissing noises from Dale after I gave him and Chip a few peanuts and told them I had waited 25 years to see them again...(I was 29 at the time).

They took me onto the dance floor at Hollywood and Vine and competed for my attention...It's Dh's favorite memory of our first trip even though he was almost jealous.:p

Well, it wasn't speaking...more like communicating :p

We were at Chef Mickeys and hubby was wearing a shirt that say NY NY on it. After we got our pic with Goofy, hubby started to walk away and Goofy padded him on the shoulder. When hubby turned around Goofy pointed to his NY NY and then pointed to himself...hubby asked "You're from New York?" and Goofy shook his head yes! ::yes::

So for those of you who don't know, Goofy is originally from New York!!! LOL

:laughing:

When my DD was almost 2 (she is now 9) we were at MGM visiting w/Pooh and friends. My daughter's favorite character was Tigger. Tigger spent so much time w/her dancing, running in circles, and she would pull his tail and say "boing!" He spent quite a bit of time w/her. Tigger eventually had to leave, and a few minutes later a college-aged guy came out the same door the characters had gone in just 10 minutes before. He came over to us and said "Tigger just wanted you to know that was the most fun he has had in a long time. He wants you to know that your daughter is fun and has great spirit!" Of course we knew he was the one in the Tigger suit!

That is the closest we have ever come to hearing a character speak!

Terk blew a raspberry at me once (I had refused to give her my frozen banana).

I never heard anything more than kissing noises, but my mom has a great story...

We were having a pretty bad day at Epcot about 8 years ago (no fault of Disney) and my mom looked pretty depressed sitting on a bench. Goofy came over out of nowhere and wrote messages back and forth with my mom in front of Norway! She still has the notes saved and it improved our day 200%.

--Elissa

Not at WDW, ofcourse, but at USF. Spidey spoke to DH. Sounded EXACTLY as I remembered him sounding like in cartoons.

Wasn't speaking, but communicating...I thought it was cute anyway.

Last summer, I rode Mission Space. Needless to say, I was pretty sick afterwards. I still didn't want to to ruin my fun, so we walked around EPCOT anyway. Me, my mom and friend were over in England where the Beatles-like band plays and Pooh and Eeyore were out. There was no one back there and I went over to Eeyore and told him that I needed a hug and a picture because I was sick from riding Mission Space. He shook his head and grabbed my hair (which is blonde) and lifted it up - indicating that I was "blonde" and should have known better than to ride MS!!!! That sure made me feel a lot better. I remember that every time I look at that picture.

i would laugh so hard if a Disney Charater(did i spell that rite? Highly doubt it, anyway....) decide to say something while taking a picture with my sister, i would probably cry laughing , then die laughing:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Oh goodness....a few of those stories could get the character performer in big trouble if they were found out! The only noise they are technically allowed to make is the kissy sound. Needless to say, King Louie once had the hiccups when I was "hanging out with" him. ;)

During our Disney character interactions, we have received many kisses and raspberries -- no forbidden talking. However, following our lovely four day stay at the Disneyland Resort in 2001, we decided to spend a couple of days on the ocean in Santa Monica. We obviously had to do some shopping on the Third Street Promenade, including the Old Navy store. Magic -- Old Navy's dog mascot -- was there welcoming customers. We had to get a picture with Magic before we left. He politely obliged. Amy thanked him and much to her surprise, he loudly proclaimed, "You're welcome!" It was quite a schock.

Last May we had dinner at LTT and a mom was taking a picture of her daughter with either Chip or Dale and she told them to say "cheese" and instead he said "nuts". It was cute :D

We've had several of the making a kissing sound. Also, Genie got right up on my husband's head, gave him a kiss and pat him on the head. When he kissed him, he made that kissing sound.

Originally posted by ZuZugal
When my DD was almost 2 (she is now 9) we were at MGM visiting w/Pooh and friends. My daughter's favorite character was Tigger. Tigger spent so much time w/her dancing, running in circles, and she would pull his tail and say "boing!" He spent quite a bit of time w/her. Tigger eventually had to leave, and a few minutes later a college-aged guy came out the same door the characters had gone in just 10 minutes before. He came over to us and said "Tigger just wanted you to know that was the most fun he has had in a long time. He wants you to know that your daughter is fun and has great spirit!" Of course we knew he was the one in the Tigger suit!

That is the closest we have ever come to hearing a character speak!

Aww, that is so sweet!

I've had a few make the kissing sounds. Last year when I saw Mushu out for the very first time I was so excited to get my picture taken with him. Someone told him he was my favorite and that I had been waiting for a long time to have my picture made with him. That got me a kiss and a big ole hug. Made my day too!

My DSis was treated to WDW by my parents when she was 19 and having a bad time. Needless to say she got a lot of character interaction from the young men in the costumes. To the day, when she looks at the pics she says, Pluto slurped me, Jafar stole my hair clip, mickey kissed me, prince charming kissed my hand and called me a princess. Needless to say, it put a rainbow in her dark sky for a long time. I will always be grateful to the characters for what they did for my sister.

I've never been spoken to, but I was assaulted by Pooh :D

We first brought my daughter to Disney World when she was only about 20 months old. Everyone told us we were nuts. They said she won't know what is going on and the characters would scare her.

We saw Pooh at one of the parks so we got in line to see how our daughter would react (she loved pooh at the time). When it came to be her turn, my wife let her go and she ran right at Pooh and practically tackled him! After letting her hug Pooh for a good 15 to 20 seconds, I gently prodded her and told her that it was time for someone else to have a turn. I had witnessed so many parents who seemed to think that they owned the parks and seen so many people get bent out of shape waiting in line for the characters, that I wanted to give everyone a chance to see Pooh. When I started to pull my daughter away, Pooh shoved me away and made it perfectly clear that he was going to hug my daughter until my daughter was satisfied. It is still one of my favorite Disney memories.

MikeP

My old college girlfriend told me that when she was in Disneyland, she went up to Mickey and he said "Hello beautiful" to which she responded "I didn't know Mickey could talk". Mickey then responded "That's not all Mickey can do..."

Colleen was a real looker and I think Mickey was trying to pick her up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter