"Even the Garbage Cans Have Flowers!"-A September 2016 Mother-Daughter TR!- NEW TR LINK 9/13!

Nice to put a face to the name. Hi!

On page 7... but getting there!
Hey ponzi! Nice to see another guy in here (see my answer to question 2 above). I've put up with the unicorns and pink sparkles long enough!

People_Push_Back_as_Security_Concern_Star_Wars_Meme.png

(Oh, by the way @Mollydolly334 I didn't actually invite any DisDads here, it's just a coincidence :-))

Oh you know I will girl! xoxo

I'm going to go with 'impressed'. :rotfl2:

Hmmm good to know! I'm thinking mom and I would take the boat, where DH and I will probably walk

Have you heard of tradesy? There are some second hand Lily dresses on their... I'm considering ordering one now! I've actually sold some of my old coach bags on here and got $50 one of them! score!

How exciting!

Crossing my fingers for you

Same! Halloween might be one of my favorite times to be at WDW.. even tho I totally love Christmas more in real life

hahahahahah, of course she got lost :goodvibes #soundslikesomethingmymotherwoulddo #ohwaitshehasdonethat

I've never heard of Tradesy before, but it sounds a lot like Poshmark!! I am ALWAYS looking on Poshmark for Lilly dresses because they are so much cheaper! The only thing I would suggest is to put in your "true size" on Lilly's website. It's like this little app where you can put in what size you are in different brands, and then it'll tell you what size to buy for Lilly clothes, because the sizing is super wonky. Like, I usually wear a 6 in dresses but I'm a 0-2 in Lilly :earseek: And one of my shirts from there is an XXS, like what?!

I've never been to WDW during Christmas :sad: It's definitely on my bucket list though cuz it's so beautiful!!

That's too bad you missed the welcome show. We saw the new one in January and found it a bit underwhelming and lackluster. But it was great in the respect that you could do castle and photo pass pictures, shop, and get coffee before the park officially opened.

I've yet to try the Nutella waffle. Looks yummy! Something like that would be so easy to make at home, too.

I'm interested to hear if you make it to La Nouba!

I'm hoping I can see the new Welcome Show soon! We've always wanted to hit rope drop but I guess it's just another sign that we aren't morning people :rotfl2: I've watched the old Welcome Show on Youtube and I'm so bummed that we missed it!

The Nutella waffle is sooo yummy and hits the spot! I could have it for breakfast every day... or dinner... or a midnight snack... :love:

Another wonderful update! Glad to hear your bf will be closer. And I hope the promotion works out for you. Our first trip in 2011 was after Labor Day and I agree that the crowds were low during that time.

Thank you so much!! :cutie: After Labor Day has been the best time for us, although it wasn't nearly as crowded as I was expecting when I just went in March!

How exciting for both you and your bf!

I'm sorry you missed the Welcome Show :( but at least you still made it early! What a fun morning so far!

Thank you! It's really awesome to have Tom closer now :goodvibes

Yeah, we were bummed about missing the Welcome Show, but it was still cool that we could enjoy all of the perks of the early time!

I saw this on IG and meant to comment on it, but never did. This sandwich is a last day tradition for me. The first time we were there when these were offered, I had every intention of getting it but for some reason I got the chicken waffle instead. It was good, but I regretted not going with my original choice of the Nutella waffle. The next trip I was determined to right this wrong, and on our last day I got this for lunch. It was so good! (And hey, it has fruit, so is healthy too, right?) And every subsequent trip since, I've gotten this on our last day while my wife eats her Mickey pretzel. I've tried making them at home, but it just isn't the same!

Haha, why of course it's healthy!! Calories don't count when you're in Disney :rotfl:It's funny, I've always wanted to try the chicken or the ham/swiss waffle, but now that I've had the Nutella waffle, I don't think I can go back! Maybe I'll just have both and eat the Nutella one for dessert (if I don't explode before then) :thumbsup2

Hello Molly. Wow, I had a busy few weeks over Easter. Lots of family stuff that kept me busy. I also have some job changes, so it was interesting to read about your BF's job and your potential promotion. I posted already in the DisDads club thread, so I'll just give you links to that. I when I was posting the dance pictures, I actually thought of you because it seemed like something you would find interesting :)

"The Lord of the Dance" https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...of-the-disdads.3358596/page-600#post-57497346
"The Times They are a Changing" https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...of-the-disdads.3358596/page-601#post-57521233

I only managed to do it at Epcot years ago (2008 I think). I'm not sure they even do anything at Epcot anymore. Back then it was just the Fab Five and Daisy (is that the Super Six or something?) came out around the Epcot fountain, gave a wave and they dropped the rope. Nothing worth waking up for but nice to say I did it. How do you feel about the train station show being gone? I guess, like me, you never saw it. I'm a little disappointed that I'll never see it, but it's not too upsetting.

I want to try that one, and it sounds like a perfect breakfast. The only one I've had was the ham and swiss. I wanted to try a different lunch (besides pizza or burgers) and it was pretty good, but I think they had ranch dressing on it which I don't like (I would have preferred mayo, which I do like).

I've tried to find it for my DD but I never could. People say its there. You look for a ribbon on the tail, right?

Hi Jeff! Good to see you back :wave:

Love the dance pictures!! Your daughter is such a cutie pie! :cutie: And that's great about not having to travel as much for your job and getting more family time.

Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about the train station show since I never ended up seeing it! But I hope that I will get to see the new one soon, even if it's not as amazing as the other one. Rope Drop at Epcot sounds cool too; if I had it my way, I'd do rope drop at all parks ::yes:: But, getting my mom out the door in a timely manner is a feat!

Haha, we're exact opposites; I hate mayo but I love ranch :rotfl2: So the ham and swiss waffle sounds awesome!

Yes, I think there is supposed to be a gold ribbon around the horse's tail!

Oh that darn ME on the door, glad you have a great day planned. The waffle looks really good, I still have yet to try one:worried: I was reading some of your replies and I agree about The Shining, scariest movie and book I have ever read! I could not sleep at night reading that one but I had to finish it.

Renting points works well for us, it has allowed us to stay at the Deluxe villa's more cost effective. I have rented 3 times from owners here on the Dis and it has always worked well for us.:daisy:

Isn't the ME notice the worst! I always get so sad when I see it hanging on the door :sad:

YES to The Shining! I'm so glad you agree with me; I showed the movie to my roommate last year and she looked at me like, "What, this isn't scary at all" :lmao: The psychological thrillers get me the most. I can sit through lots of jump-scares and blood, but movies that make you think tend to scare me the worst!

I definitely need to keep DVC point renting in mind. I have had BLT on the brain since I visited it on my March trip, but the prices on the Disney website are too steep in my opinion. Renting points would be perfect!

That's so exciting! My boyfriend and I have been living together for about two years and although it's challenging at times being able to see each other every day is so worth it. Also, love that GIF

I don't think I've ever made it to rope drop. We're always like 10 minutes late. I really wanted to see the welcome show last trip, but sleep won out in the end.

This picture is so cute!

Perfectly acceptable breakfast :rotfl:

Totally agree! I love Aladdin so much

Definitely agree; living together has taken some getting used to but it is so cool to come home from work and have Tom be there every day :goodvibes

I guess we both just aren't made for rope drop :rotfl2:Sleep usually wins out for me too, especially on work days! I will always choose to sleep more instead of have more time to get ready!!

WHAT?! I can't believe you've never rope-dropped a park before! I am definitely a rope-drop to close girl, much to family's dismay.:laughing: So glad the crowds thinned out for y'all! :thumbsup2

I know right?! I feel like a Disney traitor! Ahhh, I don't know if I could do rope-drop to close, at least not every day! Mom and I stay till the bitter end but then love our sleep in the morning :rotfl2:

Love the trip report! I am pretty new to this site (but not new to Disney!!) and I thought that I would give these questions a try!

1. Do you have any pets?

Yes, a Chihuahua named Lola

2. What is your middle name?

Marie

3. How old are you?

4. What is your favorite food?

hmmm carbs?? Haha!! Seriously though, I always tell people that my 3 main food groups are pasta, potatoes and bread

Nutrition-Lesson.gif

5. What is one food that you cannot stand to eat?

CHICKEN!!!

6. Have you ever been to a different country?

Just Canada...boring :(

7. What is your favorite band/music artist?

Linkin Park and Thirty Seconds to Mars

8. What is your favorite TV show?

Most reality shows.....Big Brother, The Amazing Race, Vanderpump Rules. I also enjoy Orange is the New Black and This is Us.

9. How many siblings do you have?

2 younger sisters

10. What is your eye color?

Blue

11. What is your favorite movie?

Most anything Disney!!!! Also, What's Eating Gilbert Grape?

12. What is your favorite color?

Pink

13. What is your favorite candy?

Starburst

14. Where is your favorite place to buy clothes/shop?

Target

15. What was your favorite subject in school?

Psychology

16. What is your favorite drink?

Mountain Dew

17. What is your favorite book?

Ohhh, that's a tough one....I read A LOT!

18. Have you ever played any sports?

Softball and Volleyball

19. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

Mint Chocolate Chip

20. How tall are you?

5'0

21. What is your favorite smell?

Bath and Body Works Apple and Peach scents and Bombshell by Victoria's Secret

22. Do you have a special talent?

I can sing...I guess that's special lol

23. Who is your favorite actor?

Jared Leto and Johnny Depp

24. What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas

:welcome: OMG, I love your username!!! Rolie Polie Olie was one of my favorite shows on Playhouse Disney as a kid!!! And now, because of you, I have spent the last 20 minutes watching the intros to all of my old favorite Disney Channel shows :thumbsup2 :rotfl:Out of the Box, Lloyd in Space, PB&J Otter, Stanley, Bear in the Big Blue House, ahhhhh!

You don't like chicken?! OMG that could be an entire food group for me! Although I agree on the carbs!

I really need to start watching This Is Us! I love Mandy Moore so I should give it a try.

I'm a Bath and Body Works lover too! I could spend hours in there...my favorite is the classic Warm Vanilla Sugar!

Oh yeah! I forgot to do these questions, Molly. Well, here is where you find out all the good stuff...

1. Do you have any pets?

Nope. Oldest DD has two hamsters, youngest DD had two goldfish. They are in a better place now and we are done with pets. I like animals, but I like other peoples animals, ones that I don't have to feed and clean up after. I do that enough with 2 kids.

2. What is your middle name?

Peter (and by the way, am I like, the only guy on this entire thread? What's up with that? Maybe I need to invite all the DisDads to join in your next report!)

3. How old are you?

43 (I think, hang on...*does math*...yep, that's right. I'm at the point where it's stopped being a big deal so I don't think about it much)

4. What is your favorite food?

I'll say cheeseburger, but I love love pasta too. You, know, all the things that give me a belly.

5. What is one food that you cannot stand to eat?

Anything green. Except peas. I can tolerate those. (yes, I am a typical meat and potatoes guy)

6. Have you ever been to a different country?

Well besides the US (I live in Canada), there is UK, France, Australia, St. Lucia, Brunei, Malaysia, Singapore, Dubai, Falkland Islands. (Most of that is work related travel)

I also lived in Scotland for a year.

7. What is your favorite band/music artist?

I don't listen to music enough to pick a favourite. Yeah, really. I never did listen much. If I had to pick it would be James Taylor. Nothing off the top 40. (I know, I am not helping my "grumpy old man" image. I pretty much have the old man part covered, but I'm really not that grumpy, promise)

8. What is your favorite TV show?

Survivor. I've given up on other reality shows, but that's one I enjoy. I will also admit to having a Buff collection.
For comedy I like The Big Bang Theory (and I loved Friends when it was on, I have all the DVD box sets)
I don't watch much drama, but I really got into Timeless this year.

9. How many siblings do you have?

One younger brother

10. What is your eye color?

Blue, sort of. It's really kind of grey. (Don't say it matches my hair. That's only true on the sides. So far...)

11. What is your favorite movie?

I'll say Star wars, but I have a pretty wide taste. I could just as easily have said The Sound of Music.

12. What is your favorite color?

Green (the dark, manly green, not the Kermit the Frog green, although I love Kermit)

13. What is your favorite candy?

Chocolate. Yes, I know chocolate is not candy, but if I want something sweet that's what I go for. I've never been into candies. Occasionally Swedish Berries, but that's about it.

14. Where is your favorite place to buy clothes/shop?

On the couch. I'm a Dad. Did you really expect a different answer?

15. What was your favorite subject in school?

Any of the sciences. I have a degree in geology.

16. What is your favorite drink?

Root beer.
Alcoholic would be spiced rum, but I don't drink that often, maybe on a Friday night.

17. What is your favorite book?

I'm not a big reader. In high school I read the Dragonlance and Shannara series. Yes, I was a geek. I'm a man in my 40's on a Disney discussion board. There are many surprises in life. That I was a geek should not be one of them.

18. Have you ever played any sports?

Does standing near the sideline in soccer praying the ball didn't come close to me and begging my parents to let me quit after two games count? Well then, no, I never played.
Actually, if you count swimming, I was actually decent at swimming and was doing pretty well in lessons until I was 9, but then had problems with fluid in my ears and had to give it up. (I got tubes in my ears 4 times, up until I was 12 or 13)

19. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

Mint chocolate chip

20. How tall are you?

6' 2"...what? You can't see me. OK, 5" 7", not that short but very average, but I'm taller than both my parents so I guess I shouldn't complain.

21. What is your favorite smell?

The faint smell of wood smoke on a cold night in the Fall. It reminds me of growing up when more homes had fireplaces. It's pretty rare now in the newer homes. I sometimes go out hiking and have a campfire to get that smell.

Me, DW and DD from this winter :)
View attachment 235509
View attachment 235508

22. Do you have a special talent?

Trying to make some of these answers funny? Otherwise, no. I could say being a good dad, but that's pretty subjective.

23. Who is your favorite actor?

Amy Adams, Anna Kendrick, Anne Hathaway are on my list. What list? Not saying. But my wife doesn't read this stuff, so....:rolleyes1

24. What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas, but Halloween is a close second.

Haha, be proud that you're the only guy on here!! It's an honor :thumbsup2

I'm SO jealous of all the countries you've been to. Even if they're work related, it's still so cool that you've been able to see so much of the world!! St. Lucia and Australia are on my bucket list for sure!

I have seasons 1-4 of Friends, but stopped collecting when they put all of the episodes on Netflix! Even though it's a little before my time, I still love it! (Friends started out the year I was born. Does that make you feel old? :rotfl2:)

HAHA, don't worry about "the list" (wasn't that also in an episode of Friends? :laughing:) I'm a big fan of Anna Kendrick as well!

Very sad.... We had a morning that we were trying to make it to see the welcome show. We were at Wilderness Lodge and the boat was training someone and they took FOREVER to pull in. Sadly, we missed the show. :(

That Waffle is the BEST!!! love it.

I love that your dad got to pick a ride for you...

Oh nooooo, that is so sad!! I would have been really frustrated, but it's not like you can blame it on the CM because they are just learning!!

My dad is a huge Disney fan so he was happy to pick a ride for us :goodvibes He doesn't take the heat as well as we do, but he's a trooper!

Soooo you may or may not have noticed that I just read your entire trip report :rotfl:I started off liking every single post because i'm feeling a bit ridiculous, but then figured if you were online it would be incredibly annoying for that same notification to keep popping up every 3 minutes :laughing:

HI KATIE!!!! :wave: I'm so glad to see you back, I missed you! :hug: I loved coming online to see that I had like 20 notifications!!

So glad he's still there! Did you get a chance to speak to him before the end of your trip?

We did on our last day, thank goodness! It was just really crowded at that time and we were sooo anxious to check in!

I usually feel like Steve in the Grand Floridian

e5192480-ca76-0132-458d-0ebc4eccb42f.gif

Hahahahahah when DJ thinks that Steve is Aladdin :rotfl2: Gets me every time (because Steve is actually the voice of Aladdin...)

That's such a shame :sad2: you would be a great cast member! Are there any other options? Just applying for a non-CP job?

Awww, thanks girl :goodvibes And yep, I could apply just to be a regular CM, but I was most excited about the DCP because it would just be for a 6-month period and felt more temporary. If it does work out in my life at some point, I definitely see myself being a regular CM too!

I love these rooms so much :sad:

Ugh me too!!! Oh and Big Pine Key was the perfect location!

HAHAH this gif. How embarrassing for her family :sad2:

It was such a weird moment. I was like uuuhhh, who are you and why are you grabbing my hand? :lmao:

Cute photo, your trip to Vegas sounds so fun :goodvibes

Thanks!! It was a blast! Vegas actually reminded me of a more grown-up Disney World :laughing:

I've bought kids XL at Disney before too and I got some cr*p for pointing it out in my TR :confused3 :rotfl: Good to hear others sharing this tip too!

What?! Why would that even be a thing?! People these days man.. so sensitive :sad2:

That sounds AMAZING. I can't believe I've never tried the mac and cheese at this place :love: Do you recommend?!

YES this mac and cheese is so good, especially on a chillier night! It's hot and really ooey gooey! I would't suggest it at noon on a 95 degree day though :thumbsup2

Bahahahahaha this made me lol. Although this one is still my favourite

Hahahah I love Matilda!!

Oh my lanta indeed!! I didn't even know you guys got cadbury's out there? I have a friend in the USA who always ask for Cadburys care packages :lovestruc

Yes we do get Cadbury Eggs, just around Halloween and Easter time though!! I actually saw these cookies at Target the other day (leftover from Easter) and got really excited!

Being from Britain where everyone generally keeps their heads down and avoids eye contact... Jamie and I love people like you :laughing: We love friendly Americans who just want to chat to anyone and everyone :thumbsup2

:lmao: I'm glad somebody does!

Haha I fell for the illusion and thought you were really tall!! Turns out I'm taller than you! (5'5) :laughing:

Isn't it weird?! I was looking back at my pictures and I was thought, "Wow, I look like I'm 5'10!" If only!

These are absolutely insane I've never seen anything like it! How on earth do you get through them?! They're from Planet Hollywood Observatory ?

They are insane and amazing (spoiler alert- I had one in March and it was wonderful). Yes they are from Planet Hollywood! It took all three of us to get through, and we still didn't finish it!

Oh God, Jamie had a moment too...

I love how similar Jamie and Tom sound :laughing: If only you guys lived closer and we could Disney double-date! :love:

EEEE hope you had so much fun!

Thank you!! It was a great trip, but way too short!!

Molly Gwen Dolly

I love that you love the wedding singer :thumbsup2 of course you do, Molly Dolly relates to Julia Gulia :rotfl:

Oh my gosh, I really hope you don't think that my actual last name is Dolly :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Mollydolly is a nickname that my mom has called me since I was a little girl! I would be crying in front of a mirror like Julia Gulia if my last name was really Dolly :rotfl:

I just asked someone else but a second opinion is always good, would you say it's really peanut-buttery? Because Jamie doesn't like peanut butter and I loooove it, I'm wondering whether to just get one of these to myself :laughing:

It definitely has a lot of peanut butter in it, but the hot fudge also balances it out really well! Sometimes PB gets too rich for me, but I made a great dent in this so I would think Jamie would like it too! But hey, if all else fails, getting one to yourself sounds like the better end of the deal anyway :thumbsup2

Awww that's so nice that Tom is able to move closer to you!! Jamie and I did long distance for about a year and it was pretty rough but it makes you appreciate each other so much more when you move closer again :goodvibes

Loved reading this and hearing all of your real life updates ! Excited for more, and for your March trip! :hyper:

Yes, long distance is so rough but we made it through! It's awesome seeing Tom every day now!!

Thanks girl!! I will head over to your TR in the next few days and get started on that! I'm so excited to hear about your AKL adventure!! :simba:

Everyone makes mistakes. I understand.

A196C85A-4F71-43CB-99D3-B683F178F082_zpspc4gmcrr.gif

Hi, Molly! I clicked onto your report as I noticed that Katie commented, and I'm so glad I did!

I'm glad you and your Mom loved the Grand Floridian - I must admit that I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would during our 2015 trip (we stayed at the GF for two nights as it's my sister's FAVORITE resort!). I'd love to return someday!

It looks like you and your mom have such a great time together! I'm looking forward to the rest of this trip, and also looking forward to hearing about your recent girl's trip! :goodvibes

Hi Jenny and :welcome: I'm so glad you're here :goodvibes I read your last TR a while ago and OMG, you and your sister's graduation extravaganza sounds amazing!! It was so nice of you to stay at the GF because it's her favorite :) I loved the GF way more than I thought I would too; I was always dead-set on the Poly being my favorite, but now I'd say it's a tie with GF!

Thanks for reading along!! :hug:

Nice to put a face to the name. Hi!

On page 7... but getting there!

Hi Pkondz!! :wave: Lurked on your past TRs so much and I'm so glad you're following along over here!!

Hey ponzi! Nice to see another guy in here (see my answer to question 2 above). I've put up with the unicorns and pink sparkles long enough!

View attachment 235958

(Oh, by the way @Mollydolly334 I didn't actually invite any DisDads here, it's just a coincidence :-))

Hahaha, sure you didn't Jeff, suuuureee..... ;)

But I'm glad you have another DISDad friend here with you!!

Day 6: Part 2- “The Flower That Blooms In Adversity Is The Most Rare And Beautiful Of All”

Hello everyone!! I’ve been waiting to write this update for a long time now...and now the time has finally come! I have a little announcement in here that I’ve been keeping a secret since we’ve gotten back (mostly because our plans have been changing around). But, now I can finally spill the details!! :hyper:

Where I last left off, Mom and I had just gotten off the phone with my Dad back home, who told us that our next ride should be the Haunted Mansion in honor of him (since HM is one of his favorite rides). As you can see, the park was wall-to-wall crowded today…

C1F262AD-6B26-4B70-BDF4-3D2A3F145AD5_zpsefr1sqtp.jpg

:rotfl2:

After we got off the phone and started walking towards Liberty Square, Mom got all wistful, saying “I wish we could come back soon with your Dad….he loves Disney…”

3946C66A-2FB2-402E-989F-D7C34E3DB883_zps6u2jhcou.gif

I looked at her and said, “Why not?!” Mom explained, “Well, if we take Dad, then we should probably take Haley and Ryan… and Tom of course…”

210225AF-41C8-48F6-9C05-5FF204BC6CF9_zpshbdqow0g.gif

Again, louder this time, I said, “WHY NOT?!” Mom stated that she didn’t want to pay out of pocket for three grown men to eat at Disney. Understandable. But wait… :scratchin

We had a bounceback offer in our room!!! FOR FREE DINING!

I couldn’t believe that I had forgotten about the bounceback offer! I had glanced at it on our first night when Mom was already asleep just to see what it was, and then flipped it over and promptly passed out. Since I had already gotten Mom to WDW two years in a row, I wasn’t sure if I’d be able to swing three.

I told Mom about our BBO, and she excitedly told me to look at prices on my phone. We were at the front of Haunted Mansion by this point, so I sat on a post outside of Haunted Mansion and whipped out my phone to check. I was so excited at this point, that I dropped my phone on the concrete and the screen promptly cracked :sad2:

Ouch. Way to ruin the moment, Apple!

We pulled up a number of packages for different resorts, screenshotted them all, and sent them along to my Dad and Haley to mull over. With some bounce in our step, we finally made our way onto Haunted Mansion!

Twas a great ride, as always! As we disembarked, we realized that our FP for Splash Mountain was finally ready! I don’t think we had ever ridden that many rides before 11 AM before. Early mornings at Disney are the way to go :thumbsup2

We moseyed over to Frontierland and used our Splash FPs. I love these two little signs at the end of the ride!

47AF94AE-EBF7-4B77-AB46-036AFF901956_zpsuxbpqedp.jpg

2E198527-9918-459D-8B1E-7B8FBA610619_zpsxmljltb9.jpg

They were too true at that point, as the prospect of going back to Disney next year was making both of us feel very satisfactual!

We still had a bit of time before our Space Mountain FPs were valid, so we headed on over to Journey of the Little Mermaid for a little break from the heat. Had to get a picture of the beautiful Tangled potties!

E347D664-C605-4B65-925A-3AE2C63AAC50_zpsgbu4ah5r.jpg

I want to say that we stopped for a bathroom break too, but we didn’t take any pictures because we felt kind of weird taking pics inside a public bathroom :laughing:

In line for Under the Sea, we saw a mom in line with her grown son. We could tell that he had some special needs, and she was being so sweet to him. They ended up being in the clamshell right next to us, and during the ride, they were both so excited!! The Mom was really animated, pointing at the characters and gasping. And, they both danced along to the “Under the Sea” scene. It warmed Mom and I’s hearts so much, since we both work with people who have special needs. It was so refreshing to see a mom that was 100% focused on making her child have the best experience they could have at WDW. :) I still look back on that ride and smile.

82B719E1-A9A7-44F7-AB22-D6E3C554F444_zpspnldqsu0.jpg

Once we got off of Under the Sea, we beelined over to Tomorrowland. We had (for some weird reason) not been to Tomorrowland during the day for a long time, so we knew that we should make a little trip over there. We hadn’t originally had a FP for Space Mountain, but changed it after our first day, since the lines over there were absolutely insane on our first day. Well, much to our surprise, standby wait was only 15 minutes!

72BC1FF1-6A36-4DED-94AE-B9CFB7D1C923_zpspx1fotqu.jpg

I always get a little nervous about riding Space Mountain...I sometimes get dizzy on the ride because it’s so dark. But, if I brace myself, I don’t fly around as much in the seat and get less dizzy! Mom, on the other hand, walked away with a giant bruise on her arm :scared1: We like Space Mountain, but usually only do it once a trip because it’s so rough! It used to be one of my favorites when I was younger, but now I guess I’m getting old :lmao:

When we got off of Space Mountain, I was in desperate need of a snack, so we headed over to The Lunching Pad. I decided to switch it up from my usual Frozen Coke and get a Frozen Blue Fanta!

FB6F20BD-14DB-4EE8-8683-10F4D11F36B2_zpsftyvr55m.jpg

This was so yummy and refreshing! We still have the Mickey straw at home and I use it all the time :earboy2: We tried to take my slushie on the People Mover, but got asked to throw it away (boooo!). So, we just browsed around in Merchant of Venus and Mickey’s Star Traders until I finished it up!

17F1352A-9199-42F9-AB0A-8E0C196820F3_zpsvbitvpuw.jpg

I think it’s so cute/funny that they sell underwear in the parks. Ya know, in case you get too excited about being in Disney World :rotfl:

After I sucked down my slushie, we were able to get on the People Mover! While on board, we set our plans for the night.

Although we really wanted to see Cirque Du Soleil, we decided against it for this trip. Mom and I were really feeling Magic Kingdom at the moment, and if we went to Cirque, that meant that we would pretty much have to leave right after lunch. Well, we wanted to stay at the parks longer! We figured that we could see a show anywhere, but we could only go to Magic Kingdom at WDW ::yes:: We almost decided to stay the whole night and buy tickets for MNSSP, then just do Disney Springs tomorrow, but then we’d have to cancel our Raglan Road ADR. Plus, we didn’t have any costumes and would kind of feel odd wandering around the Halloween Party without costumes. So, we decided to stay at Magic Kingdom until the party guests arrived, then head over to Disney Springs that night just to shop and hang out.

Mom and I felt a weight lifted off our shoulders once we settled our plans, and we were pumped to be able to spend more time at Magic Kingdom! So, we decided to play a celebratory round of Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin! And, of course…

7784D87E-838C-4D96-AA72-B95A59296519_zpsvf4wydsg.jpg

F2AFEB75-6BA6-4559-9821-F56143FAB179_zpsycz5cepg.jpg

Mom won :rolleyes2 Hey, at least my score isn’t as terribly embarrassing this time! It’s the little things :thumbsup2

Keeping with our Tomorrowland theme, we hopped on the Astro Orbiter too. It would be a more fun ride if the seats weren’t so cramped! Funny story- on our 2010 trip, we went with my best friend Leah. Mom and Leah wanted to ride Astro Orbiter, but I opted out. This was over Spring Break, so the crowds were insane and they wanted to fill up every spaceship. So, Leah had to sit between my mom’s legs in that tiny rocket ship in order to ride :rotfl2: Luckily, they’ve known each other since Leah and I were in Kindergarten, but it was still funny and I laughed at them from the ground! Astro Orbiter is another one of those rides that we only do once a year, but it’s still a good one!

6349AEED-4EBA-4F6E-BB06-E47A5E6606E6_zpsfmexltet.jpg

Our 7 Dwarves Mine Train FP was valid by now, but we took a pit stop in Storybook Circus to quickly ride the Barnstormer. This was another one that we didn’t get to on our first MK day!

82DA8620-3073-436B-8B5B-663AC0306532_zpsyzesxonn.jpg

Then, we looped around back by New Fantasyland. After cashing in our 7 Dwarves Mine Train FP, we hightailed it back to Tomorrowland for some lunch. We were starving, and we had Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe on the brain! Surprisingly, we had never eaten here before, and it had just the variety we were looking for. I snapped a few shots of Mad Tea Party on our way over.

68E99D22-7115-4B4A-9E76-3AEAC70F4DF9_zpsvhlkg7h4.jpg

58D8E0BE-F9F5-4207-AE7C-29ACC7D4CC55_zpsgkl0utxy.jpg

I love this quote :goodvibes

Once we arrived, we ordered and got a prime spot right in front of Sonny Eclipse! I loved this cute little addition to Cosmic Ray’s. It really made just a quick-service burger joint seem like Disney World :earsboy: Mom and I were singing along to his tunes all during lunch!

BFAEE3EF-6403-418C-9B70-E6D1DC117BF5_zpss4iuz4cb.jpg

I ordered the BBQ Pork Bacon Cheeseburger and a S’mores tart with Coke, while Mom ordered a regular Bacon Cheeseburger with french fries and a water for us to share!

AA4DC6CA-5C61-4BF9-9351-8B2E5D29D5D1_zpsxedi1sxr.jpg

2F9ABB4A-E3EE-40DA-8117-9EAF2346754B_zpskfj37xs0.jpg

It looks like a lot of food, but we demolished all of it ::yes:: We were soooo hungry from our early morning, and we desperately needed some salt! Our burgers perfectly hit the spot and tasted great; I loved the toppings bar and their wide selection of sauces! I got the jalapeno cheddar ranch for the fries and it was amazing :worship: Plus, my tart was very yummy; it was like a cross between a S’mores Pop Tart and a Hot Pocket!

When we first sat down to lunch and looked at our phones, we had gotten about 9348032984 texts from my dad, Haley, Tom, and Ryan about our possible 2017 trip. Tom’s were all in excitement; Tom has never been to Disney World before so he was just over the moon! Haley, Ryan, and Dad all had opinions about the resort, which surprisingly were unanimous!

So, over lunch, we made final plans :banana: Mom and I knew that we wanted to go in September again. It worked in 2015 and 2016, so if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!! We had tossed around a lot of resorts, and if we wanted to do villas vs. 2 rooms. In the end, we decided to do 2 rooms (Mom and Dad in one, and Haley, Ryan, Tom, and me in the other). That way we would have more of our own space if we wanted to stay out later and etc. The 4 resorts we were between were the Poly, BWI, AKL, and WL. In the end, we all decided on…

DC9E3C01-41F5-47C4-8A59-D65DAFBB60EE_zps2a9zakhj.jpg

Animal Kingdom Lodge!!!

That’s right friends, it’s official!! THE WHOLE FAMILY IS TAKING WDW!

08686C66-D4BD-40CE-8103-5EB65C0CEC5E_zpsfpjysbtz.gif

Our dates are September 6-12, 2017! We booked two standard-view rooms in Jambo House at AKL, and we have 6-day park hoppers plus free dining! We are 99% sure that none of this will change. We were thinking (and still are thinking) of maybe bumping back the dates from September 5-11, because then we wouldn’t have to work that random Tuesday after Labor Day. In preparation for this, I booked 2 sets of ADRS, so I can cancel one set depending on what dates we choose. But, for right now, our plans are solid! :dance3:

We are all so excited for this and it has been hard keeping it a secret, but I thought it would be a fun mid-TR surprise :goodvibes I am the most elated for Tom. Tom has not traveled much; he’s never been to Florida before and has only been on an airplane twice in his life, so I’m so pumped for him to see the wonders of WDW! We are both Disney lovers, and he loves the theme parks in Wisconsin Dells. I told him, “If you think the Dells is cool, wait till you get to Disney!” And, as you all know, the rest of my family are Disney freaks as well (although nobody tops me as #1).

Oh, and remember how I said to remember the day before when we had tossed our pennies into the wishing well at Animal Kingdom? Well, a family Disney trip in 2017 was what I wished for, so my wish came true :blush:

So friends, that is my big announcement!! If you are going to WDW during that time, please let me know so that I can look around for you/we can arrange a DISmeet! I will share more of our planning on this TR once it gets closer to September. Then, it is my plan to start a new thread for the 2017 TR!! Whew, it has been a Disney-filled year, and I’m loving every minute of it :cloud9:

Coming Up Next- Day 6: Part 3- “Love Is A Song That Never Ends!”

That's so exciting that you're going back to Disney World - and with your whole family! Even better, you're staying at AKL, which I ADORE! :goodvibes

Although I'm very excited for you, I'm most excited for Tom! You'll have so much fun showing him the World! (Best to get that Disney bug biting early! :thumbsup2 ) Hopefully you do a PTR so we can hear all about your plans!

In regard to the rest of your update... don't feel bad about your Buzz score! It's only this past trip that I've FINALLY gotten what may be considered a "higher" score and I've never maxed it out! I much prefer TSMM!

I understand your reasons for missing Cirque, but I HIGHLY recommend attending during a future trip. It's an AMAZING show! :cloud9:

How exciting for you and your family. We loved AKL this past February. We will just miss you, our dates are 8/26-9/4.

Your morning at MK looks like great fun and very low crowds. My favorite in Tomorrow Land is the people mover! I did the Astro orbiter in February and not very comfortable lol!

Haha, be proud that you're the only guy on here!! It's an honor :thumbsup2
Hey, now! :wave2: You replied to me in the same post you said this!!! :p:rotfl2:

Animal Kingdom Lodge!!!

That’s right friends, it’s official!! THE WHOLE FAMILY IS TAKING WDW!
:woohoo:We LOVE that time of the year. Our first Disney trip together was our honeymoon at the end of August 2005, which extended into September. We've taken a couple winter Disney trips since, but much prefer the late summer months. In fact, our next trip will probably be September 2019. (We like alternating Disney trips with other road trips to see the rest of the country.) To me, it isn't Disney without that oppressive heat.

As for Animal Kingdom Lodge, that was my first choice for our honeymoon trip. But then my wife (ok, fiance at the time) said, hey, how about the Contemporary? It is really close to the Magic Kingdom, and it would be neat to see the castle from our room. I said sure, if that's where you want to stay, then that's where we'll stay. Well, we loved it so much that it is the only resort we've stayed at since. (Well technically, we've stayed at both the Contemporary and BLT, but basically, the same thing.) I would still love to stay at AKL, but I have a feeling I'll be overruled every time. I'll be sure to follow along with that TR too so I can travel vicariously through you!

I'll have to catch up when I get home but I think we may be there at the same time in Sep! We'll be there the 8th-17th.

I'm so jealous of how empty that park was! I remember trips like that during Fall Break in October back in the '90's. With Food & Wine Festival, those days are over.

My favorite meal Cosmic Ray's is the rotisserie chicken. It is big enough for two people to share and delicious!

Congrats on the September family trip! That's exciting!

So exciting to have another trip planned! My husband and I will be there September 6th through the 14th! Maybe we will cross paths!

Omg that is so exciting- a big family trip to WDW!! :banana:

Sounds like you and your mom were having a blast at MK! You guys sure did get on a ton of rides! I've still never been on Astro Orbiter..one day! And I love that you were wearing all your pins on your overalls, so cute!

Aw you guys totally should have bought tickets for MNSSHP, not everyone dresses up! The two times I went I didn't, and I wasn't alone!!

Such a bummer that your phone cracked though :( Too much excitement!

:welcome: OMG, I love your username!!! Rolie Polie Olie was one of my favorite shows on Playhouse Disney as a kid!!! And now, because of you, I have spent the last 20 minutes watching the intros to all of my old favorite Disney Channel shows :thumbsup2 :rotfl:Out of the Box, Lloyd in Space, PB&J Otter, Stanley, Bear in the Big Blue House, ahhhhh!

You don't like chicken?! OMG that could be an entire food group for me! Although I agree on the carbs!

I really need to start watching This Is Us! I love Mandy Moore so I should give it a try.

I'm a Bath and Body Works lover too! I could spend hours in there...my favorite is the classic Warm Vanilla Sugar!

I loved those shows too!!! I came up with this username because my name is Nicole and one of my friends calls me Rolie Polie Nicoley lol!

There is just something about the texture of chicken that I despise. It is just so gross to me :sad2:

You definitely need to start watching This is Us, but be prepared to have lots of kleenex with you because it will make you cry AT LEAST once per episode :sad:

Can't wait to read more of your trip reports :yay:

What a great update and how exciting that you will have a family trip! I was actually getting excited just reading your announcement. So great!

Exciting news about the big September family trip! I don't have any plans to be there in September, but if it ever changes I'll be sure to let you know. DW and DD are doing their dance school trip to Epcot in July, so I figure the means I am owed a solo trip sometime, so you never know...

On page 10! Getting there!

Hey ponzi! Nice to see another guy in here

Had to, @Terra Nova guy . Had to defend our country's honour.
Didn't turn out so well, though.... (see next comment)

Well... alrighty then!
I see who you like better!
And it's a certain British Miss!

Hi Pkondz!! :wave: Lurked on your past TRs so much and I'm so glad you're following along over here!!

Lurked? Well, pop in and say hi! :goodvibes

I don't bite... much...

That's so exciting that you're going back to Disney World - and with your whole family! Even better, you're staying at AKL, which I ADORE! :goodvibes

Although I'm very excited for you, I'm most excited for Tom! You'll have so much fun showing him the World! (Best to get that Disney bug biting early! :thumbsup2 ) Hopefully you do a PTR so we can hear all about your plans!

In regard to the rest of your update... don't feel bad about your Buzz score! It's only this past trip that I've FINALLY gotten what may be considered a "higher" score and I've never maxed it out! I much prefer TSMM!

I understand your reasons for missing Cirque, but I HIGHLY recommend attending during a future trip. It's an AMAZING show! :cloud9:

Ahhhh thank you! I'm so excited to be staying at AKL, we have visited a few times now and always marvel at how beautiful it is!!

I hope that I will turn Tom into a WDW freak as well ;) He knows that if we get married that's where we'll honeymoon (ideally at the Poly, but details, details :rolleyes1) I don't think I'll do an official PTR, but I will do updates on this thread as much as I can as I write my March TR too!

I definitely need to catch Cirque soon, whether it be in Disney or somewhere else! I'm so bummed that I didn't catch it when I was in Vegas last October, Beatles:Love would be my show of choice!

How exciting for you and your family. We loved AKL this past February. We will just miss you, our dates are 8/26-9/4.

Your morning at MK looks like great fun and very low crowds. My favorite in Tomorrow Land is the people mover! I did the Astro orbiter in February and not very comfortable lol!

Oh no!! I was really hoping to catch you and Andi! :sad:

Haha I totally agree about Astro Orbiter, the seats are definitely more meant for one person. Unless you want to get super up close and personal with your ride partner :rotfl2:

That is so exciting!!! If you decide to write a PTR for that trip, post the link so I can follow along!! :)

Thanks so much!! :) I don't think I'll do an official PTR for this trip, but I will definitely throw in some FP and ADR updates in this TR here and there until we leave!

Hey, now! :wave2: You replied to me in the same post you said this!!! :p:rotfl2:

:woohoo:We LOVE that time of the year. Our first Disney trip together was our honeymoon at the end of August 2005, which extended into September. We've taken a couple winter Disney trips since, but much prefer the late summer months. In fact, our next trip will probably be September 2019. (We like alternating Disney trips with other road trips to see the rest of the country.) To me, it isn't Disney without that oppressive heat.

As for Animal Kingdom Lodge, that was my first choice for our honeymoon trip. But then my wife (ok, fiance at the time) said, hey, how about the Contemporary? It is really close to the Magic Kingdom, and it would be neat to see the castle from our room. I said sure, if that's where you want to stay, then that's where we'll stay. Well, we loved it so much that it is the only resort we've stayed at since. (Well technically, we've stayed at both the Contemporary and BLT, but basically, the same thing.) I would still love to stay at AKL, but I have a feeling I'll be overruled every time. I'll be sure to follow along with that TR too so I can travel vicariously through you!

0B621093-0E17-499F-80FF-289B51EA5A46_zpsytw5tv8o.gif

I'll show myself out now... I promise I know you're a boy!! :laughing:

I agree with you about that oppressive heat, I've never been to Disney during the winter months. The weather was quite cool when I just went in March, and it just felt different! Not as "Disney" as I'm used to!

Hmmm.. maybe a split stay between CR and AKL? :scratchin We're the opposite; we like staying somewhere new every time! My goal is to try out all of the Deluxes. CR is one place I've never stayed, but BLT especially is on my list for sure!!

Me & my family will be there Sept 2-9, so maybe I'll see you! :)

YES! That would be so cool! We'll have to share plans when we get closer to our trips!! Where are you staying??

I'll have to catch up when I get home but I think we may be there at the same time in Sep! We'll be there the 8th-17th.

YAY!!! DISmeet please! ::yes::

I'm so jealous of how empty that park was! I remember trips like that during Fall Break in October back in the '90's. With Food & Wine Festival, those days are over.

My favorite meal Cosmic Ray's is the rotisserie chicken. It is big enough for two people to share and delicious!

Congrats on the September family trip! That's exciting!

I know!! It was just before Food and Wine started, which is why I think it was so uncrowded. That's partially the reason we decided on the Wednesday after Labor Day for this next trip, because all of the crowds disappeared once Labor Day was over! And thanks, I'm so excited that the whole fam will be with us this time :goodvibes

So exciting to have another trip planned! My husband and I will be there September 6th through the 14th! Maybe we will cross paths!

YAY! That is so awesome, we will definitely have to share plans once our trips gets closer!! Where are you staying??
Omg that is so exciting- a big family trip to WDW!! :banana:

Sounds like you and your mom were having a blast at MK! You guys sure did get on a ton of rides! I've still never been on Astro Orbiter..one day! And I love that you were wearing all your pins on your overalls, so cute!

Aw you guys totally should have bought tickets for MNSSHP, not everyone dresses up! The two times I went I didn't, and I wasn't alone!!

Such a bummer that your phone cracked though :( Too much excitement!

I'm so pumped! We've never done a trip with this many people before, and I'm excited that us kids have our own room so we can stay out later and do our own thing as well!

Thanks :) I figured that the overalls were a bit safer than wearing them all on my fanny pack again!

Looking back, I kind of regret not doing MNSSP. We wanted to do it this year, but it is soooo expensive with 6 people. We figured out the price and it would be like $450! We could spend that money on a whole extra night at Disney, haha!

I loved those shows too!!! I came up with this username because my name is Nicole and one of my friends calls me Rolie Polie Nicoley lol!

There is just something about the texture of chicken that I despise. It is just so gross to me :sad2:

You definitely need to start watching This is Us, but be prepared to have lots of kleenex with you because it will make you cry AT LEAST once per episode :sad:

Can't wait to read more of your trip reports :yay:

Thanks for reading along! :yay: And uh oh, I feel like Mandy Moore is a master at tugging at the heart strings. I can't watch A Walk to Remember without bawling like a baby :sad:

What a great update and how exciting that you will have a family trip! I was actually getting excited just reading your announcement. So great!

Thank you!! I'm so pumped it's insane :tongue: It felt like so far away when we booked it, but we're getting pretty close now!

Exciting news about the big September family trip! I don't have any plans to be there in September, but if it ever changes I'll be sure to let you know. DW and DD are doing their dance school trip to Epcot in July, so I figure the means I am owed a solo trip sometime, so you never know...

Definitely let me know if you plan on doing a solo trip! That would be so cool to experience at least once, I loved my solo day on my March 2017 trip!

On page 10! Getting there!

Had to, @Terra Nova guy . Had to defend our country's honour.
Didn't turn out so well, though.... (see next comment)

Well... alrighty then!
I see who you like better!
And it's a certain British Miss!

Lurked? Well, pop in and say hi! :goodvibes

I don't bite... much...

Haha, nobody messes with @TheLittleKatie on my watch ;)

In all seriousness though, I'm really glad that you're following along! And I will definitely pop on over to your TR sometime in the near future :goodvibes

That's wonderful news. Have you stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge before?

Thank you, we're so excited! And nope we've never stayed at AKL, Mom and I have visited a few times (we've eaten at Sanaa and Boma). But, the rest of the family hasn't even seen the resort in person yet! I'm pretty sure they'll be blown away :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter