ET?

OMG! I had to laugh when I saw this! We rode it at US Hollywood (do they still call it that?) when it first opened, and I loved it. We've never been to US Orlando, and are planning a trip. I am so thrilled to ride this. It was quite the thing back in 1991!

My kids rode it last week- and since then all I hear is "HHHOOOOMMMMEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!" ;)

Yes, we and our granddaughters loved it, although at the end when ET says your name he skipped a few! Maybe he is getting old and forgot!

I liked those original Universal Studios movie rides and miss some of them, in particular Back to the Future. I think that is the Simpsons ride now, and we didn't like it as well.

OMG! I had to laugh when I saw this! We rode it at US Hollywood (do they still call it that?) when it first opened, and I loved it. We've never been to US Orlando, and are planning a trip. I am so thrilled to ride this. It was quite the thing back in 1991!
I love this ride too. I was so disappointed when I went out to US Hollywood a couple of years ago and it wasn't there anymore!

I love this ride too. I was so disappointed when I went out to US Hollywood a couple of years ago and it wasn't there anymore!
In fact, I wish there was some sort of a sequel to keep this story alive. maybe ET coming back to visit Elliot and his children? I'm such a sap for this movie! :)

I swore I spotted a cool "easter egg" on the ride just this past week.

Have a look to the lower left on the ground just as the bikes are taking off in the air to ride over the city.....

When I rode it last week someone made a comment about the age of the ride (nothing negative), I then replied, "Yep, it's the only original ride left."

Have a look to the lower left on the ground just as the bikes are taking off in the air to ride over the city.....

YEP! My kids first saw this in August.

what exactly is this "easter egg"

I don't necessarily want to spoil it for anyone, but it's a certain "Non ET" popular character from elsewhere in the park.

Guess I need to look really hard, as I thought I've look in that direction many times and didn't see anything.:oops:

Rumour over on Orlando United, that ET is leaving soon.

It doesn't surprise me as it's the only original attraction left and while is an adorable and classic ride, it is dated.

always do ET a couple of times on my trips...

brings back sweet memories.
my kids loved that ride

they did update the short intro film a few years back.
steven spielberg has now aged with the movie....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter