"Estimated Total" Rental Car ?

LMO429

DIS Veteran
I just reserved a Chrysler 200 with alamo for a week at wdw. The reservation says 234 estimated total. What additional fees am I going to be hit with when I actually check in?????

Below that area in the confirmation email you should see "Total may vary slightly at time of rental based on the election of prepaid gas, optional coverage items or changes in taxes, surcharges and fees."

I've never been hit with ANY other charges.

In all the years that we have been renting, we have always paid the "estimated total" and not a penny more.
The one and only time I had any change at all was when I added a frequent flyer number to the reservation at the counter and even then, the total price only increased by $0.74 (surcharge for collecting FF points)

My first time renting, I couldn't really understand what the clerk was saying and when it was time to swipe/sign, the price had jumped dramatically. I quickly, said "no - I want this price" pointing to my printout of the reservation, and even though they weren't pleased with me, they made it happen.

My first time renting, I couldn't really understand what the clerk was saying and when it was time to swipe/sign, the price had jumped dramatically. I quickly, said "no - I want this price" pointing to my printout of the reservation, and even though they weren't pleased with me, they made it happen.

With Alamo?

Maybe. I really couldn't tell you because it was almost 10 years ago. The Spanish accent was heavy (at least for this Maine girl). My husband had no problem understanding her but he lived in New Orleans for awhile as a child.

Never paid more than the estimate and I often reserve more than a half year ahead. I have 11 days in a compact car with Dollar for $188 and expect to pay just that.

Bill From PA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter