• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ESPN Club, Good or Bad????

matt&jakesmom

DIS Veteran
On our upcoming trip in June we want to try things we haven't done. So we thought about walking around Boardwalk and then eating at ESPN Club. How anyone been there? How's the atmosphere and the food. I saw on another site that I don't need ressies. Is this true? I would hate to get there and there be an hour wait. Thanks. :earsgirl: :sunny:

We really enjoy it there. They serve your typical bar/pub food and its all been really good for us. Love the nachos! If you are sports fans the atmosphere is great.
They do not accept PS.
Enjoy!

We ate there and liked it. You can't get reservations or PSs but that shouldn't be a problem unless there is some kind of big sporting event going on. If you eat at somewhat 'off' times you shouldn't have a wait at all. I think we ate lunch there at about 2:00 and were seated as soon as we walked in.

Thanks for the info. I think if we eat around 5:00 we should be okay. Looking forward to it now. My DH is an ESPN freak so I think that will be his highlight. :earsgirl:

ESPN Club serves typical sports bar food (OK, but not great). The big attraction (distraction) is the number of TV's (including the Big screen) showing sports.

We like it there. We love the Nachos and the Dingers but not the wings. The wings are still jointed. Plus go for the mild sauce, I would actually consider it more like medium.

shirley

It can get loud at night. I took a coworker there when we were in Orlando on business in November. They were having a college basketball discussion show. It was so loud we couldn't even talk. She just wanted to get out of there ASAP, I could have kicked myself for picking it. She was sort of my boss and very concious of expenses so I picked it instead of Spoodles or Flying Fish because they are so expensive. It was never that loud in the afternoons when I had been there before.

DisneyWisher said:
We like it there. We love the Nachos and the Dingers but not the wings. The wings are still jointed. Plus go for the mild sauce, I would actually consider it more like medium.

shirley

I agree with you on the Wings. I think they're pretty gross -- too slimy.

We love it, but for the atmosphere rather than the food. I usually get the chilli fries or chilli nachos (you won't go hungy - the portions are huge!). The problem is that the best atomosphere is when there is a big game on, but then you need to arrive really early to get a seat. IMO, it's best to sit at the bar, or at least in the bar area (rather than the attached restaurant).

Well...my husband loves the wings! He just said last night he can't wait until he can have some chicken wings at ESPN next week! (He thinks he will be able to watch the final 4 - S.O.R.R.Y, I have other plans-we are at Dis. you can read about it the next day and watch the highlights yet that night.)

We did enjoy the restaurant as a family - it was cheaper then in the parks and the kids were very entertained - they got a little water game to play and keep.

My DH LOVES the ESPN Club! Its okay for me-- I'm not a sports fan. It can be hard to get into with crazy wait times. There's no guarantee. We've tried for lunch and dinner and had 2 hour wait times. This last trip (March 5-12) we went for dinner one evening at 6:45 PM. Only waited 5 minutes. Go figure. But... it was so cool! We picked just the right night. They were shooting "Sports Talk Live" (I think) at 7 PM unbeknownst to us. They did have the name on the marquee when we entered but I didn't pay any attention. So for my entire meal I got to sit 10 feet away from Deuce McAllister (I think), runningback for the New Orleans Saints. He answered audience questions the whole show. It was too cool! And I'm not even a fan. My DH was in heaven! ESPN Club and NFL football.

Check the marquee over the door. It usually says who will be there and when.

The food is okay--$8.99 for pulled pork sandwich with fries. My DH paid $16.99 (I think) for a ribeye (not the best by far). We don't go as much for the food as the atmosphere. It is also the home to ESPN Radio so you'll see a whole radio station in the middle of the Club. There's usually somebody in there manning the booth.

And, you can even go to the bathroom and not miss any action. There are TVs hanging over the stalls and in the sink areas. Now that's a bathroom for a true sports fan!

loveswdw said:
And, you can even go to the bathroom and not miss any action. There are TVs hanging over the stalls and in the sink areas. Now that's a bathroom for a true sports fan!

This reminded me of something else. Its very minor and not a reason to pick a restaurant, LOL, but I love the soap in the bathrooms. It almost smells like coconut or something like that. I always come out smelling my hands. Strange I know, but it smells great! :teeth:

:earsboy: But the noise,man this place is loud could not have a conversation with people at sme table without yelling. :goodvibes :wizard:

I love the ESPN Club!!! The drinks are great, food is great - atmosphere is great!!! But the previous posters are correct... If I wanted to have a serious conversation or a romantic meal - ESPN is not the place that I'd choose!!!
Since I usually am not trying to do either of those things at WDW... ESPN is great for me!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter