• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EPIC FAIL BY DISNEY AND DVC.

Cyndy

Pixie Dust Provider
Currently 1:30 pm. Disney still running park home hrs info incl AKL close @8:30pm. Compare that to TV and DIS boards earlier announcements.of 5 pm closing shift We are at Kidani and everyone at every CS locations has different info. Nothing crazy going on and staff working to get everyone in and out for flights. Shop is looking good but some items like bread are down a tiny bit. The staff is trying but it will be interesting to see comparison to BWV Storm management in past trip. Buffet breakfasts were served to guests (understand there are no tunnels to a ballrooms at Kidanai) and box meals were delivered to guest villas. Hope the release of info or lack ther of is not an indicator of what happens going forward. This is my biggest concern. Guests like to be reassured not left in dark. My faith is a bit wobbly due to recent WF experience!

I guess I'm not quite seeing an Epic fail. :confused:

CM info - I'm sure they're trying but if info is changing moment to moment it's likely very difficult to keep up on it as well as service the guests there. That means some will be at different stages of the updates. They wouldn't be able to call everyone into a meeting every time info changes - the logistics of everyone knowing everything all at the same time is virtually impossible unless they load everyone with headset radio and pipe updates out to them. And that would be unusual to be set up to do that. By the food and store references it sounds like their quite on top of things in a difficult situation.

Hope things go ok for you all and stay safe!

Last edited:
We were stuck at All Star Music during Jeanne for over 24 hours. We weren't allowed to leave our rooms. Buy snacks, drinks and some type of non-perishables and fill you bathtub with ice. We put our food and drinks in there. Disney dropped off flashlights to all the rooms.
The amazing thing was how quickly they cleaned up the MK. The front half of the park opened on time, but the back half, beyond Adventureland and Liberty Square, didn't open until after 10am. Not one leaf was left on the ground. HS lost some trees out front and the trees on road into Epcot seemed like it had the most damage in all of WDW.
Good Luck!

It does seem strange that Disney wouldn't put an annoucement on the resort electronic boards and TV that the parks will be closing at 5PM and will be closed tomorrow.

But I would plan on feeding my family in the room for next 36 hours. And hope that Sanaa will be open for at least one meal.

It does seem strange that Disney wouldn't put an annoucement on the resort electronic boards and TV that the parks will be closing at 5PM and will be closed tomorrow.

But I would plan on feeding my family in the room for next 36 hours. And hope that Sanaa will be open for at least one meal.

I'd expect it will be forthcoming on the TV channels.

My apologies if I did not make it clear. I appreciate everyone's comments including those staying here currently as we are. As a former hospitality manager and as one who has actually experienced a hurricane at BWV in the past, my comments are based on experience. I have never been a Disney employee but as a guest, past experience included regular updates for guests prior to actual event. In this day of technology it is nieve to think that Disney couldn't possibly keep guests updated. A favorite quip from cast members is "don't believe everything you get from those Dis information sites". Well today they beat the mouse hands down.

I am not panicked but I should get the information from management not mouse fan websites. jmho...

Denlo
We are all set. Thanks for the advise. Just off in our timing....should have stayed in our GV at BWV but left yesterday to stay this week at Kidani which we also love Animals are in and safe and we will all be safe in villa before storm hits. My son says it is a small crowd at MK.

At BWV now. TV is running correct closure info. We had a recorded message on our phone with info about pre-ordering box meals for $12.99. Housekeeping is leaving extra supplies today. The CM at The Screen Door told me that, if necessary, food items will be brought to the lobby for sale tomorrow. The odds are good that we will not lose power, though no guarantees, of course. I am glad we don't book studios and always rent a car because it was pretty easy to stock up. We may even use the oven and stove for once! Frankly, I have been very impressed with the way Disney is preparing without putting people into hysteria and panic.

I don't see an "epic fail. Sounds like the fail is more "why aren't you telling me I get free stuff"? Not sure why Disney is expected to feed you for free?
Realistically the TV info is probably pretty low on anyone's priority list.

And if you got the news from the "fans" you probably could have gotten it from the Disney websites where it's been posted for awhile.

Below is a copy of the email we received regarding our Oct. 6 MNSSHP tickets. I am very impressed with the multiple options Disney offered. :-)

"Thank you for your interest in Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.

Unfortunately, due to inclement weather, Thursday evening’s party has been canceled for the safety of our Guests and Cast Members. We apologize for this inconvenience and invite you to exchange your tickets for one of the following:

Tickets to attend another Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party*.
Tickets to attend an upcoming Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party*.
1 Day Magic Your Way Tickets with Park Hopper Option*, to be used within the next two years.
Receive a full refund for Thursday's (October 6) tickets.
*Offer subject to availability

If you would like to rebook for an upcoming Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party or Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, please call 407-566-4985, option 5. We will be available from 9:00a.m. to 11:00p.m. (Eastern) and will be happy to assist you.

If you are interested in 1 Day Magic Your Way Tickets with Park Hopper Option or a full refund, please take a picture of the front and back of your ticket and send an email to Guest.Experience@DisneyWorld.com. Be sure to include your name, daytime contact information and your preferred option. If your tickets are linked to a My Disney Experience account, please provide the number printed on the back of your MagicBand or the email address associated to your account.

Sincerely,

Guest Services Team
Walt Disney World Resort"

Orange co.... If you read all the posts you would know that I cited personal past expeiemces, far different than your assumption of someone looking for freebies. We are heavily invested in points do not rent out or use our several hundred points for profit and have never expected any more than what Our contract is expected to provide per purchase agreement circumstances. We travel internationally and stay at all kinds of lodgings when we book we anticipate basic service and when we pay for deluxe that's what we expect. That said in emergency situations anyone staying in Cinderella's Royal Castle doesn't deserve better info than someone staying at a value resort. Noting that another poster received a room call this should be provided to all guests via a "robo" call update to all. This is Disney and in the recent past lots of changes have been made.... that's business. This is emergency management and we have angree guests in the lobby who will miss flights due to missing transport, those are the things that you as host must be ahead of. Sorry if I sound like I'm lecturing, I was just noting a diffence from our last experience.

Jean. I agree this is a perfect example of being ahead of the problem. I sure hope you can work it out. We attended Tues. and enjoyed more than our first MNSSHP a few years ago.

my biggest issue having gone through one of these major storms at Disney (charlie)...is that for everyone serving you or answering your questions, there is a family that doesn't have a mom or a dad, brother, sister, etc at home at a time like this....take care of one another!

The wind is picking up and the rain coming down harder now. The parks have closed. The supplies from the Screen Door have begun to be moved to the lobby gift shop. I had to laugh when I saw that wine and booze seem to be a first priority!
IMG_2829.jpg

IMG_2828.jpg

Well, I get all this....

You are at WDW right now. The weather has taken a turn for the worst.

What would you like WDW to do about this?

Sorry for you - but this is a state of FL issue. Power will fail. Truckers will NOT deliver (would you want to drive in this?). Airlines wil cancel,cancel,cancel - they don't want planes stuck in a disaster zone.

I can say - we have a dear CM friend who will be working on (essentially) the WDW Disaster Crew. These folks will be sleeping IN on property Hotels, get called at all hours, and work like HELL to do everything they can for WDW guests. Please, forgive them if they manage to miss a shower..... These folks are doing disaster duty :(.

Please.... WDW is doing wonderful things to keep their guests safe. Some of it is a bit ugly.... but they are absolutely going to keep their guests alive. NONE of this is a WDW thing..... it's a State of FL, and State of NATURE thing.....

Let's try to support a wonderful group through a very hard time :(.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter