• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Epcot's World Showcase

mickeyloveex2

Earning My Ears
What countries in the World Showcase do you recommend seeing the most? We've been reading that there are various "street performances" at each pavilion, do they change depending on when you go or are they the same? Any ones better than others? Thanks!

As far as "rides", there are only two countries, Norway & Mexico. Other countries have "attractions" such as movies to watch. As far as street performers, I enjoy the the drummers in Japan, the Beatles tribute band in The UK and Off Kilter which are between Canada & The UK.:thumbsup2

I love World Showcase- Every time we're there I find something I've never seen before.

I don't know if you're traveling with adults or children. Something my kids always loved to do...We stop in each country & get some sort of candy, we don't eat it while there...we wait until we're back in our room!

As for the performers...gosh I love so many of them...Others will know the exact names...I don't...but I love the "chair" performer in France, the candy lady in Japan, of course Off Kilter, and the performers in Morocco as well.

Enjoy your trip

The street performers in France are very amusing. Norway and Mexico both have rides that are worth checking out. The movie at Canada is so-so, china is pretty good and I liked the French one quite a bit. The show in America is great! Japan has a few performers to check out.

Here's a site that lists all the performers and times for all Disney World entertainment, including the ones around World Showcase - http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/index.htm. The schedule is updated once a week by Sunday mornings (when Disney officially announces it's schedule).

As for what entertainment is better than others, that's up to you. I can recommend Off Kilter but they aren't for everyone. Others like the British Invasion or Mo' Rockin'. I would suggest that you stop in at each performance and decide for yourself. None of the performances are in a formal setting and only a few have seating so you can come and go as you please (even the ones with seating are very open).

I have to second the recommendation of the British Invasion in the UK. They are a great Beatles cover band. I have not seen Off Kilter, but I'm looking forward to checking them out in June.

There are only 2 rides. They are located in Mexico and Norway and they are worth a try. I think the best countries are Mexico, Japan and Italy as far as feeling like your actually in that country.

They have some very good movies in some of the countries. France has a show called impressions de france and it is excellent and the show in america is pretty good too.

As far as street shows, don't miss:

the dragon legend acrobats in china
Sergio in italy
Server amusant in france
Miyuki in Japan
Matsuriza in Japan

We always do the rides in Mexico and Norway. I love the show in Canada with Martin Short. Italy and Germany are my fav's!

THe drummers in Japan were amazing. They perform different songs each time so one performance is different from the last. Plus some of the drummers are much better than others.

IMG_0443.jpg

The chinese acrobats were pretty amazing too.

IMG_1190.jpg

Off-Kilter weren't playing the day we were there. I'm not sure if the limited schedule is because it was January or if they only play certain days of the week all year round.

You can see videos of pretty much any performance at Epcot on YouTube.

I second the Taiko Drummers in Japan ( My 5 yr old was so enthralled we caught all of their performances our last day) and the Chinese acrobats

I've never seen the drummers...youngest dd would LOVE it! thanks for the tip

The updated movie in China is pretty awesome - also love the new Canada movie.

Morocco's pavillion just keeps going on and on. Definitely check back into all the nooks and crannies - lots of good stuff there. They sometimes have a free tour you can take too.

I love trying to find all the little "hidden" things in each country - some are better than others - like the hedge maze in UK. Look for all the little details - there are lots that most people just whiz by.

Each county offers something unique. I love seeing them all. Favorites are Canada, UK, and Morocco

Mexico is my most favorite. I lost the atmosphere inside the temple and the boat ride is lots of fun too.

The Candy Lady in Japan is very interesting as well. I found myself just staring in amazement. Pretty cool stuff. And Off Kilter is great too.

We loved the World Showcase Players (Maybe?) in the UK. They did a audience participation interpretation of the Knights of the Round Table, and we had a blast. Very goofy and fun, with silly sayings and noises. It was one of our favorite moments of our last trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter