Epcot - wifi

We were there August 4 and could not find a wifi link that was open for guests, though we had been told before arrival that there was. We tried in various places in the park. Glad to hear people are having luck with it now. (We did use it at MK that weekend).

SSID: Disney-Guest
No password

Full wifi strength right here...

213BC553-CF00-4E7C-A01C-9E466FE9DEF4-1894-000002F3CF89F09B.jpg

We were there August 4 and could not find a wifi link that was open for guests, though we had been told before arrival that there was. We tried in various places in the park. Glad to hear people are having luck with it now. (We did use it at MK that weekend).

If you are just talking about Epcot. There is a list somewhere that claims that there are/were open wi fi spots around Epcot and other places. They never seemed to be confirmed though.

But of course it doesn't matter now since Disney has installed this Guest access system.

Time will tell whether or the service can keep up with the demand. Last week someone posted semi respectable speed tests when it appeared no one knew the service existed. But then this week people are posting that it s pretty slow. So :confused3.

awesome report, thanks for sharing. that spot in Soarin has been one of the few places I've never been able to get my phone to work.

In your reports are you talking just bars or real speed tests? You can get a good Wi Fi signal but no band width.

Just bar... Not testing speeds here. But speeds aren't to bad... Possibly because not a lot of people using it.

In china now at Mulan M&G.

2 out of 3 bars here...

You're picture of the Soarin Que is awesome....2 more weeks...2 more weeks...2 more weeks.......

Thanks for the info on WiFi...I just bought a tablet to take with me...need to be able to check work email and didn't want to carry the laptop with me...not sure I will carry the tablet into the parks, but it's nice to know that I will have signal if I do....have a great time

The wifi must have just gone live recently. It wasn't on when I was there Sunday. Now they just need to fix the bugs in the My Disney Experience App.

This is great news for everyone if WDW offers free wi-fi everywhere including the parks.
As a Canadian traveling to the US my only option is to add the "Travel US package" for an extra $100 above my regular monthly plan for only 50mb of data.

I tried to connect at both DHS and EP today and was not successful. Both gave me a message that the username provided was not a text string. Therecwas no way for me to enter one and none should have been required. If i get time tomorrow i will stop at guest services to check on what is the problem.

I tried to connect at both DHS and EP today and was not successful. Both gave me a message that the username provided was not a text string. Therecwas no way for me to enter one and none should have been required. If i get time tomorrow i will stop at guest services to check on what is the problem.

Not sure what your problem could be because I just hit the login button and it works e dry time and has been very good all week. Bever been asked for a username. Are you sure you are connections to guest wireless. There are several other LANs and the only one that works for non-employees is guest wirless.

I've been using it all week at the Poly and the 3 parks. Been quick to connect and the speed has been fine in all areas. Very reliable for me. And my DW. Generally been asked to ,Olin on,y once per day. You have to be sure to login though. Getting bars does not mean you are fully connected. It will not send you a DNS address until you login and without that you can do nothing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter