EPCOT - What to do about Agent P's World Showcase Adventure?

What should be done with Agent P?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ronDisney

the Ron of RonnMel
Given everything that will be going on in Epcot over the next couple of years, I wanted to address a small under appreciated and somewhat under-maintained experience in the world showcase: Agent P's world showcase adventure (previously Kim Possible World Showcase adventure).

I had some fond enjoyable memories discovering this experience years ago and having fun (and a reason lol) for visiting the various pavilions around world showcase. Since there's so much refreshing, refurbishing, and adding, going on in Epcot, I do hope that some love and attention could be given to this attraction (or perhaps a radical change and upgrade to the entire experience). On my last trip in Aug 2019, me and my wife attempted to introduce our kids to the experience, but other than the show elements that we interacted with in the park, much of the game was lost on them (ages 7 and 5). In a nutshell...the story elements, while funny for older kids and adults, are lost on a younger audience that kind of wants their interactivity at a slightly faster pace. We found ourselves continuous pressing SKIP till we got something that told us to either go somewhere specific or do something specific.

The easiest comparison to this experience that I can make to Agent P is the A Pirate's Adventures: Treasures of the Seven Seas in adventureland. While even the pirate experience is starting to show a bit of its age, it feels superior in terms of mechanics, show elements, and overall experience. I think the pirates adventures took a look at the good elements of agent P and managed to shrink things down for a smaller location, while upgrading the interactive physical show elements. And because the primary used tool is magic bands, there was no need for a secondary device like your phone or tablet, which could possibly run into problems with wi-fi reception and the like.

Personally, I would love if they upgraded the experience entirely and gave it a new theme...perhaps Ducktales (as it frequently contains a lot of world hopping travel in their stories). Forget the web site interactivity and keep it Magic Band base, with a home base (like Pirates) to start up one of your adventures. I suspect that one of the things the Pirates game can do is better track and disperse groups due to the magic band use. The system would know technically how many groups were doing any one adventure and send other groups to different pavilions accordingly.

Some things that i would love to see in a possible upgraded World Showcase game:
- More geographical find and seeks. My family enjoyed looking at a picture and trying to find the exact location in the pavilion.
- more physical interactive show elements. The absolute most fun parts of the game are the little things that go on in the physical space when you prompt it by either using your MB or else pressing the button on your device to start up something (like seeing statues pop up from little pools in china, or seeing Perry swing across buildings in france. )
- perhaps more "choose the correct answer" questions (multiple choice answer type). personally an upgrade of this could be to have some kind of statue or monument with 4-5 MB touch points. You would be given a question and based on the answer you would have to touch your mb to one of those points.
- some more castmember interactivity. One of the funniest and interesting adventures was one for UK. I had to approach a castmember and deliver the phrase: "Evil is my cup of tea" LOL! The CM would then give us a sachet of tea and based on that, we were able to answer a question regarding that sachet. It was very funny having to whisper under my breath that phrase, and hope that the cm was actgually part of the experience. LOL!!

What do you guys think? Should the Agent P stuff be upgraded, refreshed or redone entirely, or perhaps be completely shut down? If you feel it could be upgraded or refreshed, what are some of your ideas for that?

Last edited:
I agree that it needs updating. When they gave us the old flip phones it was a lot faster. When we did it this August it just took way too long.

I plan on trying this with my almost 7 year old grandson next week in Germany. I looked at several YouTube videos and this country seemed to have the cutest effects, IMO. I have budgeted 30 minutes, but I agree if it could be done quicker, that would be a plus. My kids loved interactive things like Pirates Adventure: Treasure of the Seven Seas, and the Sorcerer's card game in Magic Kingdom even when they were older, so hoping my DGS likes them too. Whatever they do, I hope they don't scrap it. There needs to be more leisurely activities for crowded times of the day that kids will enjoy without long waits.

I thought it was being rethemed with Ducktales...or I remember reading that might happen

There have been rumors but nothing concrete. It was previously Kim Possible too so it should be easy to change the theme. I vote for keeping the game but changing the theme.

Definitely don't shut it down completely!

I still get the biggest kick out of activitating the Singing Steins in Germany,etc!

(By the way,I am sure it was a typo,but the tea bag is part of the United Kingdom Mission(France has the one-of-a-kind Agent P Pressed Penny.)

Our older kids LOVED it when it was Kim Possible - and same for our littlest when we went 2 years ago (and it was Agent P). I would be so sad if it completely went away, but it could use a theme update. I have a 6 yr old and don't even know who Agent P is. lol.

Agent P was my 8yo’s favorite activity of our last trip. I also love it because it allows me to explore the countries without him getting bored. Duck Tales would be perfect for this

They have changed some of the adventure already. For instance, in China you used to go into one of the shops with the secret code and they would give you a fortune cookie. That portion is now gone.

My daughter loves “Phineas and Ferb” and loved doing this on our last trip. I don’t think she’d have any interest in doing it with another theme.

Definitely don't shut it down completely!

I still get the biggest kick out of activitating the Singing Steins in Germany,etc!

(By the way,I am sure it was a typo,but the tea bag is part of the United Kingdom Mission(France has the one-of-a-kind Agent P Pressed Penny.)
Yes...you are correct. The Tea mission was in UK. I have made the corrections. I never got to try to pressed Penny mission in France. Even in our last trip, there was no pressed penny that i could remember when doing the France mission. We did get Perry zip lining from one building to another. LOL!

Getting the tea bag from the CM in the UK pavilion was one of my favorite memories of any WDW trip

My daughter loves “Phineas and Ferb” and loved doing this on our last trip. I don’t think she’d have any interest in doing it with another theme.

Well, the thinking was that Phineas & Ferb has ended to they might want something more relevant, but with P&F getting a new movie on D+ maybe it should stick around.

Well, the thinking was that Phineas & Ferb has ended to they might want something more relevant, but with P&F getting a new movie on D+ maybe it should stick around.

I totally get what you’re saying. Interestingly, we didn’t watch “Phineas and Ferb” during its initial run. My daughter just discovered it on the Disney Now app and now it’s one of her favorite shows along with “Milo Murphy’s Law” by the same creators. (And I really like them both, too. 😊) Maybe if WDW doesn’t want to change the Epcot activity, they should promote the show. I remember when they used to have the Agent P to color at the WS countries. It is kind of funny because just last week my daughter and I were talking about if there were other Disney IP that would fit in if they were to change the Agent P Adventure, and we had a hard time coming up with something we thought would be a good fit with the travel around the world aspect. I thought of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse characters because they do a lot of traveling, but I think Epcot wants characters who older kids would think were “cooler.” But I would be happy with Mickey and friends.

My kids loved Agent P. I do think Disney will sit on it and see what happens after the new movie comes out on D+. If they can reach another group of kids with the same material, they won't sink a dime into it.

They do need better signage and/or staffing at the Agent P start. I had known about it (because my kids LOVE P+F right now) and knew it had moved to the Disney Play app. We stopped to get pictures in the kickoff/info area and had 3 other families ask us what it was and how to do it while we were there- because not a single CM was anywhere near it. I think the interest would be there if they actually promoted it better.

I totally get what you’re saying. Interestingly, we didn’t watch “Phineas and Ferb” during its initial run. My daughter just discovered it on the Disney Now app and now it’s one of her favorite shows along with “Milo Murphy’s Law” by the same creators. (And I really like them both, too. 😊) Maybe if WDW doesn’t want to change the Epcot activity, they should promote the show. I remember when they used to have the Agent P to color at the WS countries. It is kind of funny because just last week my daughter and I were talking about if there were other Disney IP that would fit in if they were to change the Agent P Adventure, and we had a hard time coming up with something we thought would be a good fit with the travel around the world aspect. I thought of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse characters because they do a lot of traveling, but I think Epcot wants characters who older kids would think were “cooler.” But I would be happy with Mickey and friends.

Yeah, P&F are still popular, it's just that the show ended. I haven't watched it much, but I do like the Perry the Platypus parts for sure. Of course, Kim Possible has also had a resurgence thanks to the live action movie. DuckTales was just the rumor - it does fit but I'm not sure how well. It seems like Agent P is safe for now anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter