• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Epcot tier one rides

4disneygenerations

Mouseketeer
My grandson is just at the 40 inch mark. I know the Frozen ride will be no problem but he is so into cars I'm sure he would love doing Test Track with his father. Also he is tall enough for Soarin. I haven't been on these rides in a while and was wondering how both Test Track and Soarin would be for a 4 yr old at 40 inches.

In my opinion, both rides are perfectly appealing and safe for anyone that meets the height requirements.

He should enjoy both, but I bet he will like Test Track better. If you are asking which to get FP+ for I would do Test Track. Since the 3rd theater opened at Soarin' it tends to have a shorter line than Test Track most of the time.

My DS was 4.5 for our trip in March and Test Track was most definitely his favorite. We did Soarin' and FEA once each also, but he kept asking to do TT again.

My son was 40.5 inches and not quite 4 when we went earlier this year. He was fine on (and loved) both rides. As a parent, soarin' makes you a little nervous since he is up in the air with just a couple belts but I just kept one hand on his leg and I felt better!

My son was 40.5 inches and not quite 4 when we went earlier this year. He was fine on (and loved) both rides. As a parent, soarin' makes you a little nervous since he is up in the air with just a couple belts but I just kept one hand on his leg and I felt better!

That's why they have the strap between the legs for children. Plus, the belts won't come undone while you are experiencing the ride. Once you lock and prove the belt is locked, they can't be opened until the ride is over (or by a ride operator if needed). I'm almost positive you hear a click that tells you when it's unlocked.

I like Soarin better but we FP TT because the line is shorter for Soarin. And we RD frozen.

My grandson is just at the 40 inch mark. I know the Frozen ride will be no problem but he is so into cars I'm sure he would love doing Test Track with his father. Also he is tall enough for Soarin. I haven't been on these rides in a while and was wondering how both Test Track and Soarin would be for a 4 yr old at 40 inches.

We own a convertible and my child still prefers Test Track to Soarin'.

That's why they have the strap between the legs for children. Plus, the belts won't come undone while you are experiencing the ride. Once you lock and prove the belt is locked, they can't be opened until the ride is over (or by a ride operator if needed). I'm almost positive you hear a click that tells you when it's unlocked.

You missed my point. I never said he wasn't safe; thousands a day ride with those belts. However as a parent, I still worry and do the parent move of a hand on the knee. I do the same thing on pirates of the Caribbean and just about any other ride!

You missed my point. I never said he wasn't safe; thousands a day ride with those belts. However as a parent, I still worry and do the parent move of a hand on the knee. I do the same thing on pirates of the Caribbean and just about any other ride!

I'm a mother of two grown sons, but I read your post literally since you never indicated anything different. Just because you knew what you meant, doesn't mean those reading it can interpret it that way.

I was pretty overprotective, but can't remember ever doing that on any ride.

Totally understand what you meant. I did the same thing with my 4 yr old niece, putting a hand on her leg. Funny how that " I would run in front of a train to save you" feeling comes out.

I'm in college and my mom still does this for me! :rotfl2:It can be really scary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter