• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Epcot table service meal

Mrspeaks

DIS Veteran
Hi,
I'm finishing up my dining plans for our trip in September and I need to plan for a 1 credit table service meal at Epcot. What are your suggestions/favorites? Traveling are myself and husband, my parents, and dds 3 and 5. We won't need a princess meal because we are doing CRT. I'm open for any cuisine, we eat most anything. I thought about Via Nopali. This is our last night and we will have had plenty of good uses of the dining plan, so if the food is worth it, I don't care about the value of the ts credit.

I don't know if Garden Grill is one or two credits, but it would probably be great fun for your kids. It's served family style and Chip, Dale, Pluto, and Farmer Mickey will visit the table. Via Napoli is another good choice. I like Rose and Crown, but it might be a little to staid/quiet for a couple of young ones.

I think first thing you need to go to the Disney site and see what is still available.
We enjoy Via Napoli and Biergarden
Enjoy

This particular pizza couldn't be ordered by OP at Via Napoli on the DDP. Only individual size pizzas can be ordered for 1 TS credit per person, or one entree. Larger pizzas can not be ordered & shared.
I only posted it because they said they didn't care about the DDP or the price of the food. I've never participated in the DDP so wouldn't have been aware of that anyway. I shouldn't have posted it as I'm drooling over my PC now :sad:

With kids the ages of yours, I think your best choices are Garden Grill ( great character interaction with delicious comfort food), Via Napoli (pizza!), or Biergarten (good variety of foods + live entertainment).

With 2 littles, I'd suggest Teppan Edo (they may be entertained by the meal preparation "show"); or Biergarten (good food variety, plus an oom-pah band for entertainment/dancing). Restaurant Marrakesh may also be an option - there is music and a belly dancer who encourages kids to come up and learn some of the moves (pretty much G-rated) - although the food is a little more on the exotic side.

We always eat at Teppan Edo in Japan and Chefs de france. Check the menus on line and see what appeals to you. Epcot has many great table service places.

My favorite non-signature on property anywhere is Spice Road Table as a PP suggested. The views are great, the food is great, and I've always had on point service. They have interesting drinks too. I love their grape leaves. I make mine different, I'm pretty picky about them and, IMO, their's are excellent.

Biergarten is my favorite at Epcot. I like German food, and the music is fun, but not excessive.

Though I literally just finished eating corned beef from Rose and Crown and it was pretty fantastic. Might be a good choice if you've booked a lot of other buffets. It's lunch right now, but I know they have designated areas for fireworks viewing at dinner time.

Biergarten. with your two little ones, they (and you and everyone) can go out and have fun with the band and the food is good and varied so there's something for everyone. I would suggest that you make your reservation for about fifteen minutes before a show so you can be seated, get food and then join in the fun. My husband and I (early 50s and before) have never been disappointed and took grand kids here with their parents and the smiles we saw were well worth everything.

Another vote here for Garden Grill. We also like San Angel Inn. We are going to try to give Coral Reef another try next visit.

We just got back and our favorite meal was at Rose and Crown. However, when our daughter was younger we really enjoyed Garden Grill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter