Epcot resort area lounges after Illuminations?

Stinky_Pete

DIS Veteran
I'm thinking that for this next trip, after Illuminations, instead of joining the herd mooving to the buses to return to our resorts, I might exit via the International Gateway and visit one of the lounges in the Epcot area resorts. After a couple glasses of wine and something to eat, then I'd go out front and catch a cab back to my resort.

I'm just wondering if anyone else who has done this can tell me:
  • Are all the lounges in that area going to be slammed at that time? I'm a solo so only really want a seat at the bar. Big River Grill even works for me even though it's not a lounge it has a bar I like to sit at
  • Are there any specific lounges that might be less crowded?
  • How late can I order food at the different lounges in the area?
  • Anyone have any specific recommendations?
Thanks!

You probably don't want to try to go back through Epcot after you are done, let's say you take 60-90 minutes to tour the Resort Area, although there may be guards and castmembers at the International Gateway, the park is closed. So, your best bet is to just catch your Lyft, or taxi from the resort entrance.

I don't think all the lounges are slammed. Here are a couple suggestions:

Martha's Vineyard at Beach Club is usually pretty good and usually not packed, there is bar seating, and you can order food. I think food is served until 10pm at this bar (and most of the Disney lounges).

You could also eat at Beaches and Cream, it isn't a bar, but they do have good food, they do have counter top service. It can be very busy, but a solo diner may be able to get counter seating fairly easy. They do get a crowd after Epcot closes, but I think you wouldn't have to wait too long.

Kimono's has a sushi bar, it isn't high top counter seating, but it is a sushi bar with chairs. You'd be able to enjoy some Japanese food and spirits. The karaoke may be kind of entertaining and fun too, especially if you are dining solo. Probably not going to have any long wait time here, most people come in groups and sit at regular tables, not that many people choose the sushi bar to eat at.

After a couple glasses of wine and something to eat, then I'd go out front and catch a cab back to my resort.

You probably don't want to try to go back through Epcot after you are done, let's say you take 60-90 minutes to tour the Resort Area, although there may be guards and castmembers at the International Gateway, the park is closed. So, your best bet is to just catch your Lyft, or taxi from the resort entrance.

They weren't planning on going back into Epcot.

Any of the lounges at the Swan or Dolphin would be nice. You can drink till 2:00 AM at Phins, but food is served until 10:00. The other lounges close all 11:00. They are Shula’s and Bluezoo at the Dolphin, and Il Mulino and Kimonos at the Swan. These are upscale, vacation bars. The decor is high class, but you’ll be fine in shorts and a nice shirt. :)

Last edited:
We just ate and drank at the Ale and Compass Lounge at the Yacht Club. It was pretty uncrowded and it’s a beautiful space. We also had drinks at the Bluezoo in the Dolphin which is another great space.

You should have no problems finding space in the resort areas after Illuminations. The Boardwalk also has a few good spots.

I think it's a great alternative to fighting the crowds. I enjoy Crews Cup, Ale & Compass, Bluezoo, and Il Mulino. It doesn't offer food, but I also really enjoy Belle Vue Lounge at the Boardwalk - particularly the porch on a nice night - for a drink or two.

My DW and I have had drinks at Belle Vue Lounge at the Boardwalk on the night of our arrival on a previous trip, and it was not crowded at all. The atmosphere is very laid back, and you can enjoy people watching on the upstairs porch or you can just stay inside and enjoy the evening.

Another lounge I have done solo is the Crew Cup lounge at the Yacht Club. You can order food from the menu, which is cooked at the Yachtsman so if food is your interest that may be the better spot. They have a great assortment of drinks as well, and several TVs. It's more of a bar/pub than Belle Vue Lounge.

I'm thinking that for this next trip, after Illuminations, instead of joining the herd mooving to the buses to return to our resorts, I might exit via the International Gateway and visit one of the lounges in the Epcot area resorts. After a couple glasses of wine and something to eat, then I'd go out front and catch a cab back to my resort.

I'm just wondering if anyone else who has done this can tell me:
  • Are all the lounges in that area going to be slammed at that time? I'm a solo so only really want a seat at the bar. Big River Grill even works for me even though it's not a lounge it has a bar I like to sit at
  • Are there any specific lounges that might be less crowded?
  • How late can I order food at the different lounges in the area?
  • Anyone have any specific recommendations?
Thanks!
I'm all for the Swan & Dolphin, but ESPN Zone is much closer to International Gateway and bourbon tastes fine to me there too.

Abracadabar is fun. The wine bar in Italy is also fun.
Boardwalk was a nice small lounge that usually isn't too busy. The one at Yacht and the one at Beach Club also are not usually busy.

ditto on Crews Cup lounge. Laid back vibe love all the woodwork. I've also always had good luck with the bartenders being friendly and sharing drink knowledge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter