• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Epcot on XMAS Day

Gayle C

Earning My Ears
What do you think the crowd will be like on xmas day at Epcot ? My family wants to go in the morning have lunch there and then leave go back to our hotel swim. Then go back in the evening for dinner. What do you think ?

Busy.
(Like all of the WDW parks in Christmas day.)

Less busy than MK, but more busy than any non-wdw place you've ever been

What do you think the crowd will be like on xmas day at Epcot ? My family wants to go in the morning have lunch there and then leave go back to our hotel swim. Then go back in the evening for dinner. What do you think ?
That's exactly what we did last Christmas. Hit Epcot in the morning then headed back to the resort for lunch and pool time. We cut the pool time short as it was just too cold at Storm along Bay. They say the water is heated. I say it's not heated enough lol. We are gong again on Thursday and staying till the 30th. Christmas day this trip will be a resort day. We don't mind the crowds and Epcot was crowded but very dooable last year. We just want to relax at least one day of our trip and Christmas day falls right in the middle. Yes it will be crowded but I think you will be fine.

Do you think we will be able to return in the late day for dinner reservation and not have a problem getting in ?

Even though it will be crowded, I think you could do some of the big 3 rides in the early am, FPs, lower wait activities such as Figment, LwtL, Nemo, the Seas, Crush, 3 Caballero, and the Shorts at peak times. And there are lots of holiday shows/storytelling/booths to keep you occupied when it gets really crowded.

During times like Christmas, the WS pathways can be completely congested at night, and some quick planning on order of storytelling may help from having to walk back and forth across WS more than necessary.

We'll be in Epcot for Xmas day as well. Going in around 11a even - it doesn't normally close due to capacity. Plus, there are levels of it - if you have reservations, you can still get in unless it's at a lvl 4. Which I don't believe Epcot has ever been.

We'll be in Epcot for Xmas day as well. Going in around 11a even - it doesn't normally close due to capacity. Plus, there are levels of it - if you have reservations, you can still get in unless it's at a lvl 4. Which I don't believe Epcot has ever been.
Epcot last reached stage 4 on December 31st, 1999

We are going Christmas Day late afternoon for CP and Dessert Party. See ya'll there. It will be crowded, but the Sea of Humanity will be less than that of MK.

We were in EP on Christmas day a few years ago. My advice is this. Do WS earlier in the day before the Candlelight Processional shows start. We found WS to be absolutely mobbed in the evenings before and during the shows. FW was not that bad in the evenings as most crowds seemed to be in WS for CP and then the fireworks, so touring FW in the evening was very doable for us. I'm not sure where you are planning to eat, but I would recommend staying on the outskirts of WS as much as possible in the evening as Italy/America/Japan area will get very crowded during CP.

2019 we did MK until around 11am. Did Afternoon Tea at GF. Took a cab back to BC to swim and made our way over to Epcot for dinner at Chef deFrance and rides. Most crowed experience was MK when we left. Epcot was fine in comparison. Plan on adding extra time to traveling anywhere...in or out of the park

Epcot for xmas too! :) Doing it twice: 12/23 and 12/25. Since we're westcoasters, Epcot is the unique place for us. MK on 12/26th still going to be crazy ;)

I'll be in Epcot with my parents on Christamas day. We did that two years ago and liked it. The nice thing about Epcot is that even on the most crowded days you can find a space to step away from the masses of people and take a break.

Xmas morning is not really busy in any park based on our experience over multiple years. It gets busy later in the day but we have found it empty Vs other days at rope drop until later morning. You shouldn’t have issues getting back for dinner at all but it will be much more crowded than when you left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter