Epcot on Christmas

Rosemary Palmer

Earning My Ears
3 adults visiting first time and for only one day on Christmas Day. Must sees. Food. Tips on not standing in line all day.

then don't go on Christmas day - this is one of the most crowded days at any of the parks. if you can go about 2 weeks before. Otherwise you see crowds, lots and lots of crowds. If you must go then - don't try for any rides unless you have fast passes - just see the shows

Book your fastpasses and then after those just stroll around Epcot. On my CP I somehow ended up with Christmas off and I had a fantastic time there. My friend and I walked around the World Showcase stopping at all of the storytellers that were still meeting. I think the Santa in American Adventure is the only one who leaves to preserve the magic for little ones who still believe in Santa. Besides that there will be some food kiosk and special offerings. If Japan has their holiday sake shots again beware! That was one of 2 times I have ever been drunk in the world and the flight of shots was all I had. They were so good and tasted like melted jolly ranchers. The alcohol content was deceptive haha.

I would come at opening and hit Future World, put your fastpasses mid day so you can really maximize opening especially with families who are either just arriving not yet there yet or those who are there still back at the resort opening gifts. Get your FP for the noon-3 tiem frame and use those then head back to World Showcase to enjoy.

then don't go on Christmas day - this is one of the most crowded days at any of the parks. if you can go about 2 weeks before. Otherwise you see crowds, lots and lots of crowds. If you must go then - don't try for any rides unless you have fast passes - just see the shows
This is our only day available. Probably not so much into rides. Just the experiences and food.

Book your fastpasses and then after those just stroll around Epcot. On my CP I somehow ended up with Christmas off and I had a fantastic time there. My friend and I walked around the World Showcase stopping at all of the storytellers that were still meeting. I think the Santa in American Adventure is the only one who leaves to preserve the magic for little ones who still believe in Santa. Besides that there will be some food kiosk and special offerings. If Japan has their holiday sake shots again beware! That was one of 2 times I have ever been drunk in the world and the flight of shots was all I had. They were so good and tasted like melted jolly ranchers. The alcohol content was deceptive haha.

I would come at opening and hit Future World, put your fastpasses mid day so you can really maximize opening especially with families who are either just arriving not yet there yet or those who are there still back at the resort opening gifts. Get your FP for the noon-3 tiem frame and use those then head back to World Showcase to enjoy.
Thanks for the tips. Sake shots probably not. Doesn't take much for me. Will get fast passes. Heard German buffet was a must.

Thanks for the tips. Sake shots probably not. Doesn't take much for me. Will get fast passes. Heard German buffet was a must.

I've never done the German buffet and I've been in Epcot at least 100 times in the past 4 years. It is so much a personal preference. To be honest I can't eat there because it just reeks of sauerkraut. If that isn't your thing it can be hard to be in that space. Most people enjoy it and it always fun I just can't get over the smell haha. Our must do sit down is Tapen Edo. We love hibachi so it is our must do.

Are you staying at a Disney resort? Just to let you know that they close the parks when they get full which is usually around 10 am and start to prioritise with resort guests first. So you can't leave the park and renter if that happens. I hope you have fun it is crowded but magical! Go real early!

Are you staying at a Disney resort? Just to let you know that they close the parks when they get full which is usually around 10 am and start to prioritise with resort guests first. So you can't leave the park and renter if that happens. I hope you have fun it is crowded but magical! Go real early!

Closures almost never happen at Epcot. They have the highest capacity of any of the 4 parks.

Christmas Day would not be a good day to go amd do what you have planed it is one of Walt Disney world s busiest days, you might not even get in the park if they have to many ppl they will close it

Christmas Day would not be a good day to go amd do what you have planed it is one of Walt Disney world s busiest days, you might not even get in the park if they have to many ppl they will close it

Epcot hasn't closed for capacity even on Christmas in recent history. Epcot's busiest day is actually New Years Eve.

We go to Epcot on Christmas day too. It is definitely not as crowded as MK or HS. We usually arrive around 10am (after presents have been opened and played with!). We fastpass Soarin' then head onto the world showcase, which opens earlier on Christmas day. It's very busy by mid afternoon and you may need at ADR to eat anywhere decent. But it's definitely not to be avoided. Go and enjoy the atmosphere, we do and love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter