• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Epcot, Norway, Frozen.. chime in on this.

Actually Frozen takes place in a mythical kingdom located in what is today Norway. So it does take place in Norway. Disney made this clear before the movie was released and became a phenomenon. Frozen has always been connected with Norway and no other Nordic country. It has even resulted in a very real increase in Norway tourism including a Disney tour.

It makes perfect sense to be tied with Norway. I don't understand all the angst and upset. There was a ride in the Norway pavilion that told you a little about Norway. A very old outdated ride with an even more outdated movie afterwards. There will be a new ride that will be very popular about Frozen in the pavilion of Norway where the movie is most certainly closely tied. Big deal. Kids and parents will flock to it and the Anna & Elsa meet and greet. If you don't want to ride it, don't, but it isn't going to ruin Epcot. In fact, all those people inside in line for the ride and meet and greet will not be in your way if you want to be elsewhere in World Showcase.
Arendelle is in Norway? Really? Where did that come from?

The upset is because the pavilion says NORWAY. Not Arendelle. Norway is not about dancing cartoon characters who sometimes break out into song. It's a real place full of real people with a real history. The ties are loose at best and really just excuses IMO.

However if some Norwegian travel agencies made a bit of money off of this I suppose that that is one bright spot.

You also mentioned that people waiting won't be in the way. Do you really believe that that tiny pavilion can hold two long queues without anyone being in the way? I hope that you're right because if I ever enter Epcot again I want to go to the café while it still exists. It's a favorite but I don't want to have to fight my way through a zillion crying princesses and their bedraggled parents just to get to it.

Pitiful
I was excited when I heard about the Nemo ride-BUST, excited when I read about The Little Mermaid, BUST, BUST and now this frozen crud? When Universal announces something new, it's new. This Disney "new" is getting old.
Well you should've had some expectation for mermaid because it debuted in DCA before MK. Based what's been released on the frozen ride they are supposedly making some high level animatronics for it despite it being the same layout as maelstrom.

Just for the record, I don't like the Mexico ride either, I liked the old ride and when they changed it I rode it once and never again. Did it change the feel of Mexico, no I still love to go there although I wish they could have managed to keep the silver shop where the to kill ya place is now. Mind you, I love the to kill ya place but the last time I was there we stood in line to get in, which wasn't a problem only to be told when we got to the head of the line we were standing in line to stand at the bar and not sit at one of the tables. So confusing. Anyway, my problem with the Frozen ride is just that WS was supposed to represent the country and not a mythical country resembling it in a movie. Even that I could endure if they would have left the church alone, hopefully they will change it back once the ride opens, do we need two frozen themed things in one country?

Where in the movie does it say they are in Norway?

Obviously the term Norway is not stated. They used Norwegian architecture, dress, and folklore. As I said in my post, Disney made it very clear that it was based on Norway. This was plainly and clearly stated by Disney the fall before the movie came out. And after the movie came out. The tours now reference the connection. There were lots of articles talking about how it was based on Norway and Norwegian culture. While the team visited several Nordic countries, they made it clear it was based on Norway. It is inescapable that the movie was based on Norway. Then after the movie was a big hit Disney again played up the connection with Norway and talks about the connection with Norwegian culture in their Adventures by Disney tour. After the movie became a phenomenon there were articles about how tourism to Norway had a noticeable spike because of the movie. Special features on the DVD mention the connection. There were even discussions of cooperation between Disney and Norway on tourism which, other than the Disney tours, I don't think came to fruition. There were no discussions, articles, or anything else about the movie having any connection with Finland or Sweden. Other than Oaken. :)

In other words: There can be no doubt the connection between the movie and Norway. It is obvious. And it has been repeatedly stated by Disney and referenced.

Obviously the term Norway is not stated. They used Norwegian architecture, dress, and folklore. As I said in my post, Disney made it very clear that it was based on Norway. This was plainly and clearly stated by Disney the fall before the movie came out. And after the movie came out. The tours now reference the connection. There were lots of articles talking about how it was based on Norway and Norwegian culture. While the team visited several Nordic countries, they made it clear it was based on Norway. It is inescapable that the movie was based on Norway. Then after the movie was a big hit Disney again played up the connection with Norway and talks about the connection with Norwegian culture in their Adventures by Disney tour. After the movie became a phenomenon there were articles about how tourism to Norway had a noticeable spike because of the movie. Special features on the DVD mention the connection. There were even discussions of cooperation between Disney and Norway on tourism which, other than the Disney tours, I don't think came to fruition. There were no discussions, articles, or anything else about the movie having any connection with Finland or Sweden. Other than Oaken. :)

In other words: There can be no doubt the connection between the movie and Norway. It is obvious. And it has been repeatedly stated by Disney and referenced.
Yes there is a connection no doubt. Frozen being the phenomenon it is deserved an e ticket dark ride in fantasyland or DHS. OLC in Tokyo is throwing 450-500 million at frozen for a mini land of sorts. Disney took the short cut and is putting 75 million into a short boat ride in Norway and then building a meet and greet building right next door. I don't think it would be so bad if it was just the ride and not the 13,000 square foot building next door. Disney could've also kept along with how world showcase is supposed to be and have the frozen characters tell guests about Norway. What's left that's actually Norwegian in Norway? The gift shop with the $300 winter coats?

Arendelle is in Norway? Really? Where did that come from?

The upset is because the pavilion says NORWAY. Not Arendelle. Norway is not about dancing cartoon characters who sometimes break out into song. It's a real place full of real people with a real history. The ties are loose at best and really just excuses IMO.

However if some Norwegian travel agencies made a bit of money off of this I suppose that that is one bright spot.

You also mentioned that people waiting won't be in the way. Do you really believe that that tiny pavilion can hold two long queues without anyone being in the way? I hope that you're right because if I ever enter Epcot again I want to go to the café while it still exists. It's a favorite but I don't want to have to fight my way through a zillion crying princesses and their bedraggled parents just to get to it.

It came from Disney and it is obvious that Arendelle is in Norway. And Mexico is a real country with real people but cartoon characters are used in the Mexico pavilion. And Norway has a REAL culture and REAL architecture that were in the movie. The movie clearly showcases Norwegian architecture, they wear Norwegian clothes, and use Norwegian decorations and folklore. AND... Disney SAID they based the kingdom on Norway. Disney never says a movie is located in any country. But they make it clear if a particular movie comes from a particular country or culture. They stated that Arendelle was based on Norway. It is a kingdom with numerous Norwegian elements on a fijord. Where do people think it is located? Australia? AND there were no discussion, articles, or special features by or about Finland or Sweden. Every reference since before the movie came out has been about the connection between Frozen and... wait for it... take a wild guess... NORWAY! Correct.

The whole point of the new buildings and redesign is to provide proper queues and crowd control. You shouldn't worry. Now entering the park or the parking lot may be a whole new story, but that is life at Disney.

This isn't going to be the end of the world. I'll bet a few years after it opens, everything will be operating fine and people will not care.

Yes there is a connection no doubt. Frozen being the phenomenon it is deserved an e ticket dark ride in fantasyland or DHS. OLC in Tokyo is throwing 450-500 million at frozen for a mini land of sorts. Disney took the short cut and is putting 75 million into a short boat ride in Norway and then building a meet and greet building right next door. I don't think it would be so bad if it was just the ride and not the 13,000 square foot building next door. Disney could've also kept along with how world showcase is supposed to be and have the frozen characters tell guests about Norway. What's left that's actually Norwegian in Norway? The gift shop with the $300 winter coats?

On this part we agree: I wish Disney did more to connect Frozen to Norway in the ride itself. I think it would have been cool to include the characters and story elements of Frozen and then make a connection to the geography, history, and culture of Norway. or as you say, have the characters themselves talk about Norway. That would have been great. Maybe even a little movie about Norway hosted by the characters. Apparently, according to Disney announcements, they did not put Norway in the ride. I hope they will do it somewhere in the pavilion. I guess we will have to wait and see. I will join the rest of you in being upset if they turn the Norway pavilion into a Frozen pavilion without proper reference to Norway.

It came from Disney and it is obvious that Arendelle is in Norway. And Mexico is a real country with real people but cartoon characters are used in the Mexico pavilion. And Norway has a REAL culture and REAL architecture that were in the movie. The movie clearly showcases Norwegian architecture, they wear Norwegian clothes, and use Norwegian decorations and folklore. AND... Disney SAID they based the kingdom on Norway. Disney never says a movie is located in any country. But they make it clear if a particular movie comes from a particular country or culture. They stated that Arendelle was based on Norway. It is a kingdom with numerous Norwegian elements on a fijord. Where do people think it is located? Australia? AND there were no discussion, articles, or special features by or about Finland or Sweden. Every reference since before the movie came out has been about the connection between Frozen and... wait for it... take a wild guess... NORWAY! Correct.

The whole point of the new buildings and redesign is to provide proper queues and crowd control. You shouldn't worry. Now entering the park or the parking lot may be a whole new story, but that is life at Disney.

This isn't going to be the end of the world. I'll bet a few years after it opens, everything will be operating fine and people will not care.
I agree with your later post that we'll see how it goes but I will say as someone who maybe knows a little about the real Norway that they could have done better overall. Disney SAYING so doesn't make it true.

Disney travelled to Norway and its been verified that they used landmarks from Oslo and other landmarks as inspirations for the Film. Good enough for me!

If people just admitted they didn't like the Frozen attraction for personal reasons, that would be one thing. But the excuses some of you come up with to try and justify your dislike just make your whole argument look silly.

The world showcase is "supposed to be educational?" First, no. It is supposed to give people a glance at other cultures. There is a difference between giving a glance at other cultures and being educational. I would be extremely skeptical about "learning" much from the world showcase. You'll learn more about any of these particular countries on an episode of sesame street then you will going to the country's pavilion. Which brings me to my second point, the version of these countries presented is dated, sanitized, cherry picked, and in no way representational of the actual host country. Anyone here that thinks Japan can be summed up as one giant shop selling pop culture toys, clocks, and pearls is really missing out on what Japan really is. The Norway pavilion is/was one of the silliest of them all.

People have the audacity to talk about educational / real representations of countries when that entire pavilion was based around vikings, long houses, and trolls? Then Maelstrom itself was a fantasy boat ride through a Nordic style fairy tale. If ya liked it, then yay for you. But don't pretend for a second it was realistic and/or educational. Might as well have a Greek pavilion all about Mount Olympus and togas. Fun? Sure. Realistic representation of actual Greece? Pshhhhh.

I saw one post last month where the OP actually lamented that they take their kids to the world showcase because it is so much cheaper than actually traveling.... I mean. Wow. Their kids are going to grow up thinking Norway still has vikings, France is about 2 city blocks large and is primarily a pastry shop, and Mexico is all indoors.

The World Showcase is fun for what it is. A dated view of the world based on mid 20th century views condensed into easily digestible gift shops, movies, and slow boat rides. it is *not* a realistic representation of anything.

Now, am I saying that this automatically justifies pumping fantasy into every corner? No. I am simply saying that all these claims of the frozen ride attacking the "realism" or "educational" value of the world showcase are simply ludicrous.

Those of you acting as though Arendelle has absolutely nothing to do with Norway... well, your so intent on disliking it that you are ignoring basic google research.
  1. The name 'Arendelle' is based on the Norwegian town of Arendal, located in the county of Aust-Agder, to the southwest of the Norwegian capital, Oslo. However, the scenery of Arendelle is based primarily on Nærøyfjord in western Norway, as well as various buildings in Oslo, Bergen, and other Norwegian cities.
So the city is based on a real one, the scenery is based on on western norway, and the buildings, costumes, and mythology are all based on Norway as well.

Lets see, what did the Norway pavilion have before? A tree monster thing, trolls, Odin... What is it going to be now? A snow monster thing, trolls, an ice queen. Your telling me one subset of fantasy bull is markedly better than the second set of fantasy bull? Both are based on the countries mythology. Both are based on the country's past. But one is better because why? Because it was there first? Because it wasn't based on a movie that broke box office records? Because it didn't have a princess before and now it does? This is DISNEY FOLKS. D-I-S-N-E-Y. It's bloody bread and butter is princesses, and your *****ing because they finally got a princess for that part of the world and they are making use of her?

There are the folks who claim that this would upset Walt. Guess what. Epcot as it stands would likely upset him. I think he would love what it eventually became, but it obviously isn't the "prototype community of tomorrow" that he originally envisioned. It was never supposed to be a theme park kiddos (you guys are all fans, you know this). Hell, it wasn't even supposed to be a world showcase. So once you divorce your expectations of what Epcot was "supposed" to be, you have to look at what it is. It is an entertainment complex. Frozen entertains.

There are those who complain about the characters being in the pavilions. That is just downright silly. Disney is defined by it's characters, so to keep them out is to ignore what Disney is. Besides, a whole host of princesses were already camping out in Norway for breakfast and dinner every day. This argument holds no water.

And finally, the one everyone falls back in - it should have been built somewhere else. Are you an investor? If you had to choose between using existing infrastructure and saving well over a hundred million dollars while simultaneously having an opening date of just over a year versus spending an extra hundred million, building an entirely new show building, and extending the opening date another 2 years.. well, which one would you choose if it was YOUR money on the line. It makes business sense to do what they did. If it had cost extra to build a frozen ride there, if they had ended up shoehorning a new building into the pavilion, if it would have still taken 3-4 year to build it out - then sure, there would be a very strong argument for just taking all that construction and doing it somewhere else. But there is nowhere else on property that offered up an existing track, existing building, AND happened to be in an area ALREADY THEMED TO THE COUNTRY THE ENTIRE PROPERTY IS BASED ON. There is simply no valid argument to spending an extra 1-2 hundred million bucks and an extra 2 years building this ride somewhere else.

Ultimately, and this is important, I'm not saying that people don't have a right to be upset. I totally get having nostalgia for the old ride and being upset it is being removed. I get that change in a place that so many people have gone to for so many years can be difficult. I even understand the frustration over the fact that Epcot needs attention in so many other areas, so closing a ride to open a new one seems less productive than making use out of all that empty space currently in the park. Those, and many other stances, are all extremely valid responses.

But this attempted delineation of acting like Frozen Ever After doesn't fit because of "realism", or "meaning of epcot", or "what walt would have wanted", or "isn't even a real country" are just shallow excuses at worst and pissing in the wind at best.

It's happening. It's happened. It's done.

I can't tell someone not to be upset, nor is it my place to tell anyone not to be upset. But, can I suggest in a friendly manner that it's time to move on? If you don't like it, then be sure to sneer every time you pass it. But pulling a chicken little and acting as though the sky is falling "Disney is destroying the world showcase" is just dramatic ridiculousness. Reading some of these posts one would assume that Britain is being changed to Enchantia (Sofia the first), Mexico is turning into Tortuga (Pirates), and every other pavilion is slated to be converted as well. All because one ride got added to Norway.

A ride that is full of the same mythologies that the previous ride already had.

A ride that will serve to make thousands of little kids interested and excited about Norway (especially when they realize that Elsa is from a "real" country").

A ride that little kids will love, that will drive traffic to the park, and no babies will raped in the process - no matter how apocalyptic some of you may thing this is.

Last edited:
If people just admitted they didn't like the Frozen attraction for personal reasons, that would be one thing. But the excuses some of you come up with to try and justify your dislike just make your whole argument look silly.

The world showcase is "supposed to be educational?" First, no. It is supposed to give people a glance at other cultures. There is a difference between giving a glance at other cultures and being educational. I would be extremely skeptical about "learning" much from the world showcase. You'll learn more about any of these particular countries on an episode of sesame street then you will going to the country's pavilion. Which brings me to my second point, the version of these countries presented is dated, sanitized, cherry picked, and in no way representational of the actual host country. Anyone here that thinks Japan can be summed up as one giant shop selling pop culture toys, clocks, and pearls is really missing out on what Japan really is. The Norway pavilion is/was one of the silliest of them all.

People have the audacity to talk about educational / real representations of countries when that entire pavilion was based around vikings, long houses, and trolls? Then Maelstrom itself was a fantasy boat ride through a Nordic style fairy tale. If ya liked it, then yay for you. But don't pretend for a second it was realistic and/or educational. Might as well have a Greek pavilion all about Mount Olympus and togas. Fun? Sure. Realistic representation of actual Greece? Pshhhhh.

I saw one post last month where the OP actually lamented that they take their kids to the world showcase because it is so much cheaper than actually traveling.... I mean. Wow. Their kids are going to grow up thinking Norway still has vikings, France is about 2 city blocks large and is primarily a pastry shop, and Mexico is all indoors.

The World Showcase is fun for what it is. A dated view of the world based on mid 20th century views condensed into easily digestible gift shops, movies, and slow boat rides. it is *not* a realistic representation of anything.

Now, am I saying that this automatically justifies pumping fantasy into every corner? No. I am simply saying that all these claims of the frozen ride attacking the "realism" or "educational" value of the world showcase are simply ludicrous.

Those of you acting as though Arendelle has absolutely nothing to do with Norway... well, your so intent on disliking it that you are ignoring basic google research.
  1. The name 'Arendelle' is based on the Norwegian town of Arendal, located in the county of Aust-Agder, to the southwest of the Norwegian capital, Oslo. However, the scenery of Arendelle is based primarily on Nærøyfjord in western Norway, as well as various buildings in Oslo, Bergen, and other Norwegian cities.
So the city is based on a real one, the scenery is based on on western norway, and the buildings, costumes, and mythology are all based on Norway as well.

Lets see, what did the Norway pavilion have before? A tree monster thing, trolls, Odin... What is it going to be now? A snow monster thing, trolls, an ice queen. Your telling me one subset of fantasy bull is markedly better than the second set of fantasy bull? Both are based on the countries mythology. Both are based on the country's past. But one is better because why? Because it was there first? Because it wasn't based on a movie that broke box office records? Because it didn't have a princess before and now it does? This is DISNEY FOLKS. D-I-S-N-E-Y. It's bloody bread and butter is princesses, and your *****ing because they finally got a princess for that part of the world and they are making use of her?

There are the folks who claim that this would upset Walt. Guess what. Epcot as it stands would likely upset him. I think he would love what it eventually became, but it obviously isn't the "prototype community of tomorrow" that he originally envisioned. It was never supposed to be a theme park kiddos (you guys are all fans, you know this). Hell, it wasn't even supposed to be a world showcase. So once you divorce your expectations of what Epcot was "supposed" to be, you have to look at what it is. It is an entertainment complex. Frozen entertains.

There are those who complain about the characters being in the pavilions. That is just downright silly. Disney is defined by it's characters, so to keep them out is to ignore what Disney is. Besides, a whole host of princesses were already camping out in Norway for breakfast and dinner every day. This argument holds no water.

And finally, the one everyone falls back in - it should have been built somewhere else. Are you an investor? If you had to choose between using existing infrastructure and saving well over a hundred million dollars while simultaneously having an opening date of just over a year versus spending an extra hundred million, building an entirely new show building, and extending the opening date another 2 years.. well, which one would you choose if it was YOUR money on the line. It makes business sense to do what they did. If it had cost extra to build a frozen ride there, if they had ended up shoehorning a new building into the pavilion, if it would have still taken 3-4 year to build it out - then sure, there would be a very strong argument for just taking all that construction and doing it somewhere else. But there is nowhere else on property that offered up an existing track, existing building, AND happened to be in an area ALREADY THEMED TO THE COUNTRY THE ENTIRE PROPERTY IS BASED ON. There is simply no valid argument to spending an extra 1-2 hundred million bucks and an extra 2 years building this ride somewhere else.

Ultimately, and this is important, I'm not saying that people don't have a right to be upset. I totally get having nostalgia for the old ride and being upset it is being removed. I get that change in a place that so many people have gone to for so many years can be difficult. I even understand the frustration over the fact that Epcot needs attention in so many other areas, so closing a ride to open a new one seems less productive than making use out of all that empty space currently in the park. Those, and many other stances, are all extremely valid responses.

But this attempted delineation of acting like Frozen Ever After doesn't fit because of "realism", or "meaning of epcot", or "what walt would have wanted", or "isn't even a real country" are just shallow excuses at worst and pissing in the wind at best.

It's happening. It's happened. It's done.

I can't tell someone not to be upset, nor is it my place to tell anyone not to be upset. But, can I suggest in a friendly manner that it's time to move on? If you don't like it, then be sure to sneer every time you pass it. But pulling a chicken little and acting as though the sky is falling "Disney is destroying the world showcase" is just dramatic ridiculousness. Reading some of these posts one would assume that Britain is being changed to Enchantia (Sofia the first), Mexico is turning into Tortuga (Pirates), and every other pavilion is slated to be converted as well. All because one ride got added to Norway.

A ride that is full of the same mythologies that the previous ride already had.

A ride that will serve to make thousands of little kids interested and excited about Norway (especially when they realize that Elsa is from a "real" country").

A ride that little kids will love, that will drive traffic to the park, and no babies will raped in the process - no matter how apocalyptic some of you may thing this is.
Yes no doubt it's based on Norway I get that and agree.

The Epcot that was built is supposed to be a representation of the countries and the future. Yes Epcot was supposed to be a city but that didn't happen because Walt died. Like I've said if the ride was telling us about Norway and there wants a giant meet and greet building being built next door I would be completely fine. If it was just the ride if be more ok with it.

The reason I and most of us bring up that it should've been built somewhere else is because look at what Tokyo is doing. This amazingly performing movie deserves an e ticket not a layover or an existing ride. Norway also isn't he biggest space and doesn't have the greatest crowd control. Add this and that area is going to be insanely busy. Disney never used to cheap out on things. This movie deserves something better than what it's getting.

Reactions: eXo
I agree completely with your assessment. It's not full of the strawman arguments that I keep seeing posted over and over again.

On the other hand, I would disagree that Disney has never been one to "cheap out" on things. After all, for the longest time we never got new rides - we got modified parades and stage shows anytime a movie came out. I'd say that was the cheapest way they could integrate those products into the park.

To this day, finding much at he parks that speaks towards Lion King or Hunchback of Notre Dame is impossible (save for the lion king show at animal kingdom). And it was only recently that we finally got a little mermaid ride, and after experiencing it... well, I'd argue that Disney went cheap with that as well. It's fine for what it is, but it came no where near to feeling like I had just ridden something that was designed and built in the last 5 years. Could have easily been built as it stands when the movie first came out as far as I can tell. LoL, the haunted mansion seems technically more interesting than that ride ;)

The OP pointed out the precise reason why they were geniuses to put Frozen in WS. As is, world showcase is mostly a draw to adults. Yeah, there are a few characters, but nothing very exciting for a 3 year old. The appeal is to adults, who will spend a bit on some beer or cocktails, a bite or two of food, and just hang out. Many parents with young children skip epcot or go for just a couple hours to ride nemo and meet Aurora, then hop on to another park.

But bring in Frozen, and suddenly you have a whole new cash cow. Parents will bring the kids to epcot just to ride Frozen and do the meet and greet. Of course, the lines will be so long that the whole family will have to eat there. And lets not forget the $70 princess dress, the $20 tiara, the $35 doll, the photo package, maybe eventually a frozen character meal... Disney knows that kids are where the money is. Parents wont say no to the merchandise because they want the kids to have a magical memory. And then the parents will go buy several cocktails to de stress from the frozen experience.

Someone at Disney was a genius to put in Epcot. And with Maelstrom already in place, they didnt even have to build a new ride! Change some scenery, play Let It Go, and BAM#! mega money maker with minimal investment.

I just wish I could have been the guy that brought this proposal to Al Weiss knowing I'd have a huuuge pay day coming. As long as they keep the outside cart and/or the cafe in Norway (stocked w/ Carlsberg), then I'll be super content. Thank God there are 10 other countries.

I stil think there are going to be issues come F&W and F&G 2016/2017. I just don't see how you increase your interests on events focused primarily on drinking, and now put your eggs in a theme for children right smack dab in the middle of that party. Let's face it, the word Food may be in the title, but we all know why everyone goes to F&W and F&G.

I'm excited for the Frozen ride if it is done correctly, my daughter LOVES Frozen right now. That being said, I hate what they are doing to Norway. I really wish they had found a different location for this attraction.
I agree. I wish they chose a space that could have room for it to expand even more. Considering Frozen is such a success, it deserves a place where it can grow.

What's wrong with LM? Nemo? I am a totaly newbie to WDW. Thanks.

The Little Mermaid is almost identical to Nemo except for the characters and a few animatronics. There is nothing wrong with the ride itself. IMO, Disney built up the New Fantasyland as this big old deal and it was a let down. They've since added 7 Dwarfs Mine Train.

I personally love the slow moving rides, so for me it's whatever, but for my kid he's the same in thinking I just saw this already. I personally miss If you had wings, horizons, the cars and planes ride (can't think of the name), and a few others. The good ole days. I'm all about the new stuff though too.

I just wish I could have been the guy that brought this proposal to Al Weiss knowing I'd have a huuuge pay day coming. As long as they keep the outside cart and/or the cafe in Norway (stocked w/ Carlsberg), then I'll be super content. Thank God there are 10 other countries.

I stil think there are going to be issues come F&W and F&G 2016/2017. I just don't see how you increase your interests on events focused primarily on drinking, and now put your eggs in a theme for children right smack dab in the middle of that party. Let's face it, the word Food may be in the title, but we all know why everyone goes to F&W and F&G.
Um Al Weiss is not involved anymore and hasn't been since 2006.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter