EPCOT - Japan

Spirited Beasts, the previous exhibit was there for over 5 years so the Kawaii exhibit should be there for a good while.

My son loved Japan. Tons of stuff to look at. Tons.

He is 21 now. But he spent a lot of time there back when he was 11.

My wife and I enjoy the sake bar waaaaay in the back! (I know that doesn't help your son, but you can grab a few glasses while he shops! ;))

My 16 year old Daughter loves the store in Japan - it's the only reason why she will go into World Showcase with us. She loved the Spirited Beasts Display so I didn't tell her it changed. She walked in the display area, quickly looked around and left - something about it being creepy.
Once she finished in the store, she left us and went back to the resort.

If he's into anime or manga he will really enjoy the gift shop.
Yes, a big draw for my kids when they were younger was the Pokemon cards printed in Japanese. When they were older, there were specific anime items one had to bring back for a girlfriend, (some kind of doll), and a lot of anime related t-shirts, collectibles. There's also a large selection of Japanese novelty candy.
Because of the popularity of anime stuff, the items bought at EPCOT that have no English, only Japanese writing, are a big deal.

Last month,I bought a pretty pink t shirt( extra large, as everything is smaller there). It had Japanese writing on it. I asked one of the adorable CM's there what the writing meant. She said it was the word " princess" in Japanese. I bought the shirt. My husband bought a book about the last Shogun. I bought a solar activated cat with the moving arm and some incense. Then, a CM helped me secretly buy my husband a bottle of sake for his birthday ( it's Halloween), while he was walking around the store. She even wrote Happy Birthday Ed on the box in Japanese- I didn't think of asking- she did it on her own. The Kawai'i exhibit in the museum will definitely appeal to children. Looking at the different foods and their ingredients are fun too. Try the peach gummies- amazing! The company has been in business for many centuries,so they've had time to figure out what people like looking at.
Also some of the koi in the pond are over 20 years old- look for the really big ones. It's one of the places we look forward to experiencing and we're adults !!

Anyone know if they have any Doraemon and Godzilla products?
Cheers

I remember seeing Godzilla model in a display case. I do not remember any doraemon, but that doesn't mean they didnt have it. I know they had a lot of different anime characters, but I don't collect that specific one so never looked for it.

I completely agree with others here, the shop is probably the biggest draw. My son was in 6th grade when we went last year and he was over the moon in that shop.
I liked it a lot as well. Loved the pick-a-pearl too.

We had fun picking out some of the Lucky Cats to bring home as souvineers. It is definitely a nice shop with many unusual things to look at.

Yes to everything previously posted and adding that I think there was a display of swords that my son and husband were really into but can't remember if it was in the gift shop or museum part. When my kids were that age they were thrilled to get "real japanese" pokemon cards that were the envy of their school friends. :yay:

According to @Olly, the Strawberry Red Bean ice cream at Katsura Grill in the Japan Pavilion is not-to-be-missed!

Anyone know if they have any Doraemon and Godzilla products?
Cheers

My husband has gotten a few Godzilla shirts there. The new Japanese Godzilla movie is coming out in November so I'm hoping for more merchandise related to it.

Something we learned on our last trip, they are not permitted to carry merchandise related to violence, demons, etc. My DD is a huge Death Note fan and was hoping to grab some DN stuff there, but the CM told us it was against Disney policy to carry it. But every CM complimented her DN Japanese tshirt.

I can't WAIT to visit this pavilion in a couple of months. Since the last time I went to Disney, I've gotten very into Sailor Moon, so I'm super excited about the "Culture of Cute" exhibit at the gallery, and seeing what anime merch they have in the store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter