Epcot in the Summer

BigB0882

Mouseketeer
We have only been when a festival was going on, what happens during the summer with no festival? Are there still those food booths out there or are those completely taken away? My favorite thing to do is walk around and try the different food but I don't want to have to worry about dining reservations or the regular places. Do the booths stay and just go to their "regular" menu? Basically, I want to be able to still walk around the WS and try small plates from different countries in the $5-$7 price range that are just a few bites of food.

Expect there to be no booths other than a few that serve food over the summer. You will be able to buy a funnel cake or a pretzel.

There are no booths outside of festival time. You'll only have the regular walk up buildings. Still plenty of unique choices but you generally won't find tiny plates for $5.

You can get stuff like egg rolls, funnel cake, fish and chips, school bread, etc.

We have only been when a festival was going on, what happens during the summer with no festival? Are there still those food booths out there or are those completely taken away? My favorite thing to do is walk around and try the different food but I don't want to have to worry about dining reservations or the regular places. Do the booths stay and just go to their "regular" menu? Basically, I want to be able to still walk around the WS and try small plates from different countries in the $5-$7 price range that are just a few bites of food.
The only way to have that type of food experience is to visit during Food & Wine, which is why F&W is so popular.

During summer, the World Showcase is very hot (lots of exposed concrete, since there are no booths) and not that pleasant to stroll through.

EPCOT is soon going to plug a festival in that time frame. Won't be long.
That's pretty much what's happening,year round festivals,it's not just Food and Wine anymore,you have Flower and Garden going on right now,there's the Festival of the arts and the old Holidays around the world got renamed last year the Festival of the Holidays.At a certain point years ago for Flower and Garden they realized adding food booths was very profitable so one year Flower and Garden had only a handful of booths and the next year it became another Food and Wine festival,maybe not as many booths but close enough.They have booths for the Festival of the arts as well as during the Holidays.I'm blacked out for two months in the summer but adding another festival with food and concerts might be an incentive to upgrade my pass,they used to have cover bands playing in Epcot for summer but they did away with them,I think 2016 May have been the last year.Aside from adding another festival there's not a whole lot incentive to get out there in 97 degree temps,they probably need to consider putting in some sort of festival,F&G ends at the end of May so you have almost 3 months before F&W starts.

You just have to be a little more creative, but you can easily do your own version of a food and wine festival in the summer. You can buy a wine sampler, that lets you get a glass of wine at several different countries, and there are all kinds of small options for things to taste in the various restaurants and walk-up places. For example, at the wine bar in Germany you can get a really good little cheese plate. In France you can also get a really nice cheese plate and a huge selection of pastries. In Morocco a plate of hummus or some baklava, in Japan some sushi...

All the countries have little things you can get. It's easy to make a meal of these little bites. They just aren't out on the promenade and there's of course less variety than in Food and Wine.

You just have to be a little more creative, but you can easily do your own version of a food and wine festival in the summer. You can buy a wine sampler, that lets you get a glass of wine at several different countries, and there are all kinds of small options for things to taste in the various restaurants and walk-up places. For example, at the wine bar in Germany you can get a really good little cheese plate. In France you can also get a really nice cheese plate and a huge selection of pastries. In Morocco a plate of hummus or some baklava, in Japan some sushi...

All the countries have little things you can get. It's easy to make a meal of these little bites. They just aren't out on the promenade and there's of course less variety than in Food and Wine.
Totally agree.

When they had "Sounds Like Summer" World Showcase still had a definite "Festival feel" in the Summer.

We have been to Epcot a few times in the 95+ degree heat since this is the general time frame we can travel to FL. We do future world in the AM, head back to the condo to swim for a few hours mid-afternoon, and then stroll through the WS only after 5PM. We usually do a Frozen FP+ at this time, browse some shops, get some ice cream, and maybe meet a few characters before the nighttime show.
We were at Epcot in May 2015 during Flower and Garden and the WS was human soup:crowded: :stir:. The topiary displays were beautiful and I was happy we were able to see all of that, but it was close to 100 degrees that day so it was truly unbearable walking through the WS. That day, we had entered the park late AM and did not leave during the hot afternoon hours. It was a tough park day for our family and we couldn't get out of there fast enough after our 4:30 dinner reservation in Italy. I was also 6 months pregnant on that trip with #5, so it was even more taxing. It probably did not help that this happened on my family's first trip to Disney, and my first trip since 1999. We were ill-prepared for it.

I enjoyed Epcot so much more in July when there was more space and fewer crowds milling around the WS. I think I would enjoy a festival in the cooler weather, though! I would LOVE to be there for the Holiday one and see all the decorations. It's on my bucket-list!

No food booths is my preference, it makes for a much more relaxed and open walk around World Showcase. Last year they moved F&W up to start late August (our normal travel time) and for the first half of our trip the booths were there but not yet open and it was congested. When F&W started, it become so busy that it was not very enjoyable, IMO.

I think Festival time is default now. lol It seems summer is about the only time without one. I like the booths with all the other food options. I will still find plenty of good things to eat but wont be the same.

I think it's funny/telling that to some people (and this is no criticism, @BigB0882) festival time is the "default" time and they wonder what on earth to do in Epcot without a festival.

This is me! I've gone during F&W every year for the past 5 years. During those trips, whenever I was in Epcot I'd always graze at the booths and didn't partake in any of the regular, year-round food options (and there are many good ones). This year I'm going in June specifically because there isn't a festival.

Eh.. IMO, the food during the festivals are great and it's fun to sample different beers, but you get very little value re: the beers and drinks. You pretty much receive a "shot" of beer for $6. You can pay a few extra bucks and get a pint from a kiosk. IMO, I prefer non-festival time over festivals, as it takes the pressure off and allows me to enjoy my usual Disney go-to's, rather than deciding between "do I try this booth or that booth."

I agree, you have to get a bit more creative, but there's still a decent selection:

Canada:
- Moosehead Lager
- Maple popcorn
- Cheese curds at the Refreshment Port

UK Pavilion:
- Share some fish and chips
- Get a Bass or other English beer

France:
- Stop by the French Bakery or Gelato Shop
- Get a Grand Marnier or Grey Goose slush

Morocco:
- Haven't eaten here, but I'd go with Tangieriene Cafe

Japan:
- The QS is very good

America:
- Funnel cake and/or ice cream

Italy:
- Just discovered the gelato stand and OH MAN is it good

Germany:
- Big beer and a pretzel

China:
- I love the Tipsy Duck in Love

Norway:
- Take your pick...

Mexico:
- The empanadas and nachos are very good

Agree with everyone who says that Epcot is better *without* the booths. The booths bring more variety, no doubt, but there are still hundreds of food and drink options in the World Showcase without them. Once you have tried every single thing you want from the counter service/quick service places (and I still haven't), then there are many additional items in the shops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter