EPCOT... Fun

GoonieBride

Lady Swan
So I know that for kids they can visit Kidcot around the world, I have drank around the world (one time I was even able to do it without paying for drinks) and I have taken a picture in front of every country.

What are some other ideas that can be done around the world???

snacking! Lots of great food! You have to pace yourself, get small things, split with people etc. Not sure if it's ever been done, but people have tried

Some examples:
Mexico-taco from outside
England-fish and chips
France-something from the bakery

Shop! Buy something unique to every country. You can go either cheap or expensive! Big or small!

Get tourist information, perhaps you can pick a country you'd like to visit one day. :)

Many of the year pavillions have museums with cultural and historical artifacts from the country. The stave church in Norway often has displays. China had replicas of the terra cotta army. There's an art display in the US pavilion. They're all interesting in their own way and worth the time. Plus, you can reward yourself after with a drink.

Epcot.... EPCOT left the building decades ago.

Anyway, getting liquored up is the best part.. plus the grub during F&W. :D

MG

In keeping with Farro's suggestion, but free (always good!) - try to learn one totally new-to-you fact about each country around the world showcase. If you want to challenge yourself or another member of your party, try to repeat those facts after sampling the adult beverage offerings.

I also LOVE the idea of picking a country to plan/dream about a future trip. I often soaked up the.... uh, atmosphere of the Italian section and finally stood watching gondolas bob at their moorings in Venice last fall.

Or set out to catch as many of the live entertainment acts as possible for the day. It's pretty cool to think that the performers have trained in and travelled from each country.

We just tried to complete the snack around the world challenge with my little family of four (2 young kids). Im not going to lie, we had a hard time doing it even with splitting between the 4 of us, but here's what we did:

Mexico- churros
Norway- school bread and lefse
China- pot stickers
Germany- werthers caramel popcorn
Italy- gelato
America- peach cobbler
Japan- shaved ice
Morocco- baklava
France- raspberry macaron (and chocolate mousse and baguettes and croissants and sandwiches etc.. because we actually ate a meal here)
UK- fish and chips without the fish... so just "chips".. we were so full at this point and they let us just order fries. But now I'm really wishing we hadn't sabotaged ourselves in France because I really wanted to try that fish!
Canada- ketchup chips (bleh)

We even got hot chocolate from the African outpost so we TOTALLY succeeded.

It was actually really fun and I would recommend trying to do it for sure!

snacking! Lots of great food! You have to pace yourself, get small things, split with people etc. Not sure if it's ever been done, but people have tried

Some examples:
Mexico-taco from outside
England-fish and chips
France-something from the bakery

All that food, it sounds soo good. Imgaine all the weight id gain! :scared:

Shop! Buy something unique to every country. You can go either cheap or expensive! Big or small!

Get tourist information, perhaps you can pick a country you'd like to visit one day. :)

This could be a great idea for the kids!

Many of the year pavillions have museums with cultural and historical artifacts from the country. The stave church in Norway often has displays. China had replicas of the terra cotta army. There's an art display in the US pavilion. They're all interesting in their own way and worth the time. Plus, you can reward yourself after with a drink.

i do love walking through every country. Morocco is my favorite. Its like a hidden Oasis!

In keeping with Farro's suggestion, but free (always good!) - try to learn one totally new-to-you fact about each country around the world showcase. If you want to challenge yourself or another member of your party, try to repeat those facts after sampling the adult beverage offerings.

I can only imagine my in-laws trying to remember facts when they are drunk. :rotfl2:

We just tried to complete the snack around the world challenge with my little family of four (2 young kids). Im not going to lie, we had a hard time doing it even with splitting between the 4 of us, but here's what we did:

Mexico- churros
Norway- school bread and lefse
China- pot stickers
Germany- werthers caramel popcorn
Italy- gelato
America- peach cobbler
Japan- shaved ice
Morocco- baklava
France- raspberry macaron (and chocolate mousse and baguettes and croissants and sandwiches etc.. because we actually ate a meal here)
UK- fish and chips without the fish... so just "chips".. we were so full at this point and they let us just order fries. But now I'm really wishing we hadn't sabotaged ourselves in France because I really wanted to try that fish!
Canada- ketchup chips (bleh)

We even got hot chocolate from the African outpost so we TOTALLY succeeded.

It was actually really fun and I would recommend trying to do it for sure!

This does seem like a fun idea! There will be six of us (me, DH, DS 8, DD 3, MIL, FIL) we might be able to pull it off!! :idea:

DS (8) would be into this!! Is it still going on? I thought they stopped it??

Scavenger hunts. Always fun.

What did you have in mind??

Candy from each country. There are some great candies to be tried, some are quite unusual.

Candy sounds nice, but can you picture the sugar rush on a 3 year old? :Pinkbounc Every parent there would hate me! lol

That raspberry macaroon .... To die for !!!:worship::love:

I have never had a macaroon in my life.....:cutie:

Agree, Agent P was a huge hit with our kids.

Is Agent P still going on??

All that food, it sounds soo good. Imgaine all the weight id gain! :scared:

This could be a great idea for the kids!

i do love walking through every country. Morocco is my favorite. Its like a hidden Oasis!

I can only imagine my in-laws trying to remember facts when they are drunk. :rotfl2:

This does seem like a fun idea! There will be six of us (me, DH, DS 8, DD 3, MIL, FIL) we might be able to pull it off!! :idea:

DS (8) would be into this!! Is it still going on? I thought they stopped it??

What did you have in mind??

Candy sounds nice, but can you picture the sugar rush on a 3 year old? :Pinkbounc Every parent there would hate me! lol

I have never had a macaroon in my life.....:cutie:

Is Agent P still going on??

This Disney page indicates Agent P is still going on (today from 11-5): https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/epcot/agent-p-world-showcase-adventure/

Hidden Mickey scavenger hunt?

Selfie in each country?

I liked the buy a different type/piece of candy in each country-good idea!

Get a cast member in each country to write something in their language and sign it, take a picture of a member of the family with them and buy a pin from that country. Create a shadow box when you get home.

Hidden Mickey scavenger hunt?

Selfie in each country?

I liked the buy a different type/piece of candy in each country-good idea!

How did I completely forget about the Hidden Mickeys!! :sad2:

Get a cast member in each country to write something in their language and sign it, take a picture of a member of the family with them and buy a pin from that country. Create a shadow box when you get home.

That could be fun! my DH would like the pin idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter