• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EPCOT for 3 & 5 year old (almost 4 & 6)

harrowgirl

Mouseketeer
Our last trip to Disney we didn't really hit EPCOT, so are debating spending a day on this last minute trip we are taking at the end of May. Both are over 40"

We might be able to get into Akerhaus.

what are your favourite things at EPCOT for preschoolers.

i'm thinking Turtle Talk with Crush. the aquarium at living seas. Nemo. Norway and Mexico rides. Maybe Soarin'?

Agent P adventure if they like Phineas and Ferb is fun and appropriate for all ages. You will have to help them, but at that age, you have to help them anyhow :)

Kidcot stops

Innoventions East and West have a lot of hands on activities that they may enjoy also.

Epcot is my now 12 yr old's favorite park, and always has been, even over MK. AK is her second favorite as long as we take her to Conservation Station and take a nap while she goes science crazy and bugs the CMs with thousands of questions about food and poop and other things that don't interest me in the least.

Our last trip to Disney we didn't really hit EPCOT, so are debating spending a day on this last minute trip we are taking at the end of May. Both are over 40"

i'm thinking Turtle Talk with Crush. the aquarium at living seas. Nemo. Norway and Mexico rides. Maybe Soarin'?

Definitely the ones you mentioned, including Soarin. I would also hit Spaceship Earth. I'm going to try an Agent P mission with my kids in August. Hopefully that will buy us more time in the World Showcases. Akershaus is a family favorite, so I recommend that as well.

Innoventions, the train in Germany, and the splashpad on the way to World Showcase were my youngest's favorites on our last trip. :)

Epcot is a great place to see characters and get autographs. The lines are often not as long as the MK. There is a lot of live music in Epcot and my kids love that. There are the Jaminators in future world and performances all through the countries. Also talking with the cast members from other countries can be a neat experience for kids.
We took the time to teach our then 3 year old a little bit about each of the countries in world showcase before we left. We colored flags,listened to music, tried to cook various ethnic foods, etc. It made her more excited about the countries for sure.

At those ages, my guys liked Soaring, Test Track, Turtle, Living with the land boat ride, Space ship Earth, Ellen Energy Ride (it is long though), the Mexico Boat ride, innovations, the light up side walks, the performers in Epcot, and eating at Garden Grill. WS was good for them as long as we did not spend too long there. We did one full day at Epcot and ended many night there most trips during the preschool years.

At those ages, my kids loved all the things you mentioned. I'd add Test Track, Living with the Land, and Spaceship Earth to the list. The also liked wandering around Innoventions (which seems boring to me, but at least it's a nice cool place to sit for a minute). We've also had good luck finding characters with shorter lines.

My kids love Epcot and are always shocked when friends say they skipped it or thought it was boring. Mine even love exploring the gift shops (especially the candy sections :rotfl2:), listening to the music, checking out clothing/hats, etc. Oh, and the Kidcot stations are great too, and FREE! :cool1:

My 3.5 y.o. loves Test Track most, and then Soarin' second. The boat ride in Mexico comes in third.
He liked Nemo but though Turtle Talk was boring.
He didn't love Maelstrom (dark and scary feel), but he went on it because he was trying to prove to use that he is brave. He is not a fan of darkness and wouldn't go in to even see the Canada movie. LOL

We are going to try to visit Innoventions and Spaceship Earth on our upcoming trip. There's apparently a play area outside of Mission Space, so we're planning on that, too.

Pretty much everything except Sum of All Thrills and Captain EO. We didn't do Soarin last trip, but my ds9 (then 7) did everything else at Epcot, and my ds 4 (then 2) is looking forward to all the "big boy" rides now that he's over 40". There's so much to see and explore!

At those ages, my daughter LOVED Soarin'. Still does. She also loved to explore Innoventions.

My girls love a lot of what was listed above plus Figment and Club Cool. My kids always love getting a Japanese soda in Japan.

Whew were just there with a 4 and 7 year olds are we did: soarin, spaceship earth, crush, nemo, energy. Couldn't get into test track and ran out of time for imagination. We never made into world showcase except for our ADR in Akershus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter