***Epcot Food And Wine Festival Info 2008***

TheDISneyFamily ~ Thank you SO much for the score cards! We will be there a week tonight and so excited to be able to put your cards to good use!! :woohoo:

is it just me or does the brochure with the seminars, etc seem to be more bogged down with bottle and book signings than years past? Looks like they are trying to beef it up by putting those in, not to mention adding in the ticketed events, which I also don't recall being in the day by day schedules in the past either. I don't have last year's guide in front of me, so I may be wrong...

You are correct. My guess is that to encourage sales of the bottles of wine or cookbooks they have created these 'signing events' so people are more likely to purchase the vendors items. These vendors need to be able to see some return on their investment as Disney charges an arm and a leg for them to be there!

HI this will be my 1st f and w, I do have a question about the cards..what are the cards used for? are they for our own personal use or do you hand them in to disney??

They are just for your own personal use to help you remember what you liked and what you didn't. Trust me, after so many food booths and drinking along the way... sometimes the memory gets a little foggy! :rolleyes1

Yeah, now I get to start printing them tomorrow. Much to do to get ready in the next month before I go. Enjoy your trip. I'll be checking for your reports.

They loaded it with all the signings & such to try to trick us into not noticing the drastic reduction in the free wine seminars. It's great that all that info is provided in one spot for whoever is interested but I've always dissected the list down to just the free food demos & tasting seminars. I guess there will be much more room on my daily spreadsheets this year. I do like that they are listing the times for the demos & tastings at the different regional areas like Australia & Louisiana.

Hey guys, cat woke me up early so I'm a bit fuzzy, but I wanted to make a couple comments.

The Festival beer is the Winter Lager again this year, sad to say :(

The booths close at 10pm during Extra Magic Hour

Ok, now I'm going to try to go back to sleep.

I have had some very unexpected health problems of late and had my (hopefully) last outpatient surgery yesterday. We booked the French Reginal Lunch for Sunday Oct. 5th. Of course this event is very strict with cancellations. I plan to call monday to see if I can cancel. I want to know, did I just loose out on all that money? Is there anyway to sell my seats? Thanks, Im pretty bummed since this trip will be very different than the one originally planned.

I have had some very unexpected health problems of late and had my (hopefully) last outpatient surgery yesterday. We booked the French Reginal Lunch for Sunday Oct. 5th. Of course this event is very strict with cancellations. I plan to call monday to see if I can cancel. I want to know, did I just loose out on all that money? Is there anyway to sell my seats? Thanks, Im pretty bummed since this trip will be very different than the one originally planned.

Although Disney touts the non-refundable thing, they are pretty good about refunding when you have extenuating circumstances. I had to cancel one of our PFTS reservations last year and it was no problem at all. I think by and large, they are just trying to discourage those who book a ton of events at the outset and lock others out of the events, only to turn around and cancel later on. I don't think their goal is to penalize someone who has an honest issue.

Thanks so much to every one who has posted information and of course those cool score cards. I go down in three weeks and I can't wait.

Kristi

Those F&W cards are great! Where do you get the cards at Epcot? I could print them out from those handy links, but I'd rather get them there kwim? Thanks!

Those F&W cards are great! Where do you get the cards at Epcot? I could print them out from those handy links, but I'd rather get them there kwim? Thanks!

They are not Disney official. Just something that Michelle makes for herself and is kind enough to share with the rest of us.

They are not Disney official. Just something that Michelle makes for herself and is kind enough to share with the rest of us.

adding my thanks for Michelle's cards -

and a maybe head's up for Louisanna, its my understanding (from a friend who works for the state, and is scheduled to come to WDW to work the LA booth) that they have 9 regional foods coming in, from what I gathered LA is going to change the food offerings to reflect the different regions...

cant wait to find out for sure!

Hey guys,

Does anyone know where I can get uploaded version of the guide they give out at the food and wine festival this year? I want to see the schedule for the FREE events. Like which guests will be appearing and which wineries will be hosting free tastings. i don't care about the ones that cost money just the free ones.

Hey guys,

Does anyone know where I can get uploaded version of the guide they give out at the food and wine festival this year? I want to see the schedule for the FREE events. Like which guests will be appearing and which wineries will be hosting free tastings. i don't care about the ones that cost money just the free ones.

the link was on pg 167 in this thread

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/media...9/42592132.pdf

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter