epcot dining are tickets required

mrcrete

Earning My Ears
I'll be staying at bc for 12 days in feb. If I want to eat dinner in epcot, do I have to use up a ticket. I'm sure I do but it would be nice to go in for dinner.

Keep in mind that there are a lot of nice restaurants in the EPCOT resorts without going into the park itself. There are several at YC/BC, Boardwalk and Swan/Dolphin that people rave about.

My favorite Epcot resort eatery is the Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club, but Flying Fish is very good as well, and located on the boardwalk.

AJKMOM said:
Keep in mind that there are a lot of nice restaurants in the EPCOT resorts without going into the park itself. There are several at YC/BC, Boardwalk and Swan/Dolphin that people rave about.

Absolutely! We tried at each resort and found them all to be good. We especially like Spoodles at the boardwalk. The nightlife on the boardwalk can't be beat.

Another vote for Spoodles. Nice Mediterranean-style food and atmosphere.

DisFlan

I'll be staying at bc for 12 days in feb. If I want to eat dinner in epcot, do I have to use up a ticket. I'm sure I do but it would be nice to go in for dinner.

this is one reason we have AP's so we can go into Epcot and eat and leave and not feel like we wasted a ticket. We get 8/9/days per trip and go 3 times in a year for our AP.

Spoodles at the Boardwalk, ESPN Club at the Boardwalk are 2 we like. I have read others like Fresh at the Dolphin, I believe. Also, several at YC/BC. You can check out the menus at allearsnet.com.

Flying Fish is excellent, but pricey.

You can often get into the resort restaurants on "shorter" notice, but do plan on having ADRs for the restaurants that take them.

We didn't like Flying fish. Don't forget about Beaches and Cream. They have great sandwiches and a mean chicken noodle soup. Plus the ice cream can't be beat. We though Yachtsman steakhouse only average for the price. If you like Wings, ESPN is a great choice just remember to them 1 wing is the entire piece that most would count as 2. I'd avoid Big River Grill as well.

I'd second the though of an AP or similar if you can get enough use out of it to justify the cost.

Thanks for the advice. When I was young eating disney food was almost painful or maybe they had good restaraunts but we couldn't afford them.My first year was the year Magic Kingdom opened and there were not to many choices.

If you decide on at least 1 AP for your group, you can purchase the Disney Dining Card (you get 2 card, each good fro 10 people), which give 20% off almost all sit down resturants at the WDW resorts and parks, adult drinks included. This cost $50 with the AP, and in 12 days you would most likely save much more than that.

Have a great trip.

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

What kind of ticket do you plan to buy? If you buy a ticket with a park hopper option then if you go into any park for the day, the hopper option would allow you to go into Epcot for dinner that same evening.

Also, if you look at the difference in price between an N-day ticket and an N+1-day ticket, it is usually just a few dollars more. These prices are from www.ticketmania.com:

For example, an Adult's Magic Your Way ticket, Expiry with Park Hopping:

8 Day Ticket: $233
9 Day Ticket: $235
10 Day Ticket: $237

So if you think you'll be going into the parks 8 days and have other plans for the other days, why not buy a 10-day ticket instead of an 8-day ticket. For an extra $4, you get two additional admissions that will allow you to go into Epcot (or any other park for that matter) for dinner and fireworks on non-park days.

Getting one ap makes sense. Theres three of us and I have quite a few days left over but because w'll be so close to epcot I may save them and get the 10 day hoppers that do expire. That way even if I just want to go in for the evening its not that costly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter