Epcot day - suggestions?

maarowak

Mouseketeer
We are leaving for WDW pretty soon, and the day I'm having more problems with is our Epcot day. Second trip for me and my sis, first time for mom and dad.

We loved the World Showcase, but the Future World(?) area was kinda... uh. We didn't do much and everything we did was somewhat boring except Test Track. I'm even thinking to sleep in and arrive a little bit before 11AM, use our FP+ for Test Track and that's it.

We did enjoy Misson: SPACE, but mom and dad can't do it. We also didn't check Sum of All Thrills, The Seas, Living with the Land, and probably more thing I forgot. Whoops.

These are our FP+:

Spaceship Earth
10:10 AM - 11:10 AM
Test Track
11:40 AM - 12:40 PM
The Seas with Nemo & Friends
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM

And this is my plan (as a second timer and definitely not experienced Disney person)

• Take our time and arrive @ Epcot around 10:30+-
• Do Spaceship Earth since we already have the FP+ anyway
• ??? Living with the Land? If we have time/the line isn't too long? Maybe even Mission: SPACE with my sis only if we are lucky lol
• Test Track FP+
• World Showcase!!!! yay
• Maybe go use the 3rd FP+ closer to 7PM, we didn't visit The Seas on our first time.
• Watch IllumiNations (best spots?)

So! Decent? Any suggestions? I appreciate any advice! (-:

Definitely visit Living with the Land, it is a nice attracton. The Living Seas is a paviolion tha has a lot to offer as well. When you are in FW, hit Club Cool and sample Coke beverages from aroind the world, head over to Ellens Energy Adventure. It takes time, bit folks really like it.

I am a rotten FP planner, so I will stay away from that, but I will suggest that you do not rush through FW to get to the WS. There are things to do, but you have to be willing to spend some time.

Also, Soarin is closed as is Maelstrom. The lines for TT and MS will be longer than normal.

I would try to do the Seas when you arrive. Maybe you can move Spaceship Earth and Test Track a bit later? I wouldn't want to do the Seas at 7pm, knowing I had to trudge back to WS for Illuminations.

Definitely visit Living with the Land, it is a nice attracton. The Living Seas is a paviolion tha has a lot to offer as well. When you are in FW, hit Club Cool and sample Coke beverages from aroind the world, head over to Ellens Energy Adventure. It takes time, bit folks really like it.

I am a rotten FP planner, so I will stay away from that, but I will suggest that you do not rush through FW to get to the WS. There are things to do, but you have to be willing to spend some time.

Also, Soarin is closed as is Maelstrom. The lines for TT and MS will be longer than normal.

Thanks Nancy for all the suggestions! (-:

I would try to do the Seas when you arrive. Maybe you can move Spaceship Earth and Test Track a bit later? I wouldn't want to do the Seas at 7pm, knowing I had to trudge back to WS for Illuminations.
Hmmm, true, I forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder! I always forget things like that : p

Move that Nemo FP+ up so you're doing it along with the others while you're in Future World. No need to do FW, then go to WS, then come back to FW for one attraction and then go back to WS right after for IllumiNations. The Nemo ride doesn't take all that long, but at it's conclusion you find yourself in the aquarium and there is plenty to see so you'll not want to be rushed.

Personally, if only doing one day at Epcot, I'd try to hit it at rope drop, spend the morning in FW doing everything, then head to WS in the afternoon and stay there through IllumiNations. If you get tired and need a break, there are plenty of places to relax. You could even take a boat ride around the Epcot area resorts if you get through the WS with time to spare before IllumiNations.

I love the greenhouses at Living With The Land and I ride it every time I go to Epcot (same with Spaceship Earth, it's a classic).

If your parents won't ride Mission Space, even on the green side, Sum of all Thrills is probably a no-go for them as well (you and your sister may like it). Lines for it do build up and there's no FP+, but it's a neat attraction if you've got the time.

I agree with previous posters that you won't want to trek back to The Seas from WS and then return to WS for Illuminations. Definitely shuffle that a bit. The aquariums are neat but the Nemo ride is a bit of a snoozefest and not really worth all that running around, IMO.

I love the greenhouses at Living With The Land and I ride it every time I go to Epcot (same with Spaceship Earth, it's a classic).

If your parents won't ride Mission Space, even on the green side, Sum of all Thrills is probably a no-go for them as well (you and your sister may like it). Lines for it do build up and there's no FP+, but it's a neat attraction if you've got the time.

I agree with previous posters that you won't want to trek back to The Seas from WS and then return to WS for Illuminations. Definitely shuffle that a bit. The aquariums are neat but the Nemo ride is a bit of a snoozefest and not really worth all that running around, IMO.

My dad has some real bad labyrinthitis, and my mom will freak out I think haha, I don't think they would have a good time im Mission: SPACE ):

Thanks everyone! I think that's what we'll do:

1. Spaceship Earth FP+
2. Living with the Land, and depending on wait times, Mission: SPACE and The Sea
3. Test Track FP+
Then World Showcase (-: Will see what to do w that third lost FP+, there are very few options haha

thanks everyone! <3

Just a note too, you can go see the aquariums and all in the Seas without doing the Nemo ride. So if there is a wait for Nemo, by-pass it and just walk into the aquarium. I've not ridden the ride since Nemo and friends took it over. When it was The Living Seas, I enjoyed the ride to SeaBase very much. I've watched the Nemo version on Youtube to get an idea of how it's changed and...meh. I'm not going to waste any time waiting in line for it when I can get to the "good stuff" by just walking into the other side of the building.

What about Figment's Journey into Imagination? It's a bit cheesy, but like most of Disney, if I'm there and I have time, I'm doing it. LOL.

Thanks everyone! Didn't know about the skipping Nemo part, we might do that (I love love love aquariums!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter