Epcot-Candy in Each Country

jecskc

DIS Veteran
We have a trip coming up soon and my kids were saying they wanted to buy some candy in each country. I have seen posts about this in the past, but I can't find them now. Can you all give me some input on the best candy items in each country??

Funny, I just was doing this the other day. A friend spent some time in Europe wanted some Schoko bons from Germany, so I said I'd check to see if EPCOT had them. Ended up buying stuff for myself instead lol. It can get expensive though. I liked the pretzel milk chocolate bar that I got from Germany, and Japan had a huge selection. I settled for these chocolate covered cookie things that were shaped like turtles. They were pretty tasty! Kinder is popular in the UK too.

"Best" means different things to different people. To me, on the topic of candy, "best" means "ALL"! I actually try new candies from the countries each time I go. I haven't found the "bad" one yet.....STILL TRYING!!! :mickeybar

UK - good chocolates (Cadbury, Tonnick's caramel), hard candies in tins

France - France makes really good hard candies, particularly flower flavored ones, but I don't remember ever seeing them at Epcot. They may have some in the Les Halles gift shop. If they do, I must have been too tempted by the pastries to notice.

Japan - excellent gummies, really interesting flavors of Kit Kats, like green tea, good hard candies, like green tea

Italy - I haven't bought any candy there, but I think they sell Perugina chocolates, which are good, particulary the Baci (kisses).

Germany - anything from Karamel Kuche

Norway - Swedish Fish:crazy2: DS loves these:confused3

China - I think they have the white milk caramels with the white rabbit on the rice paper edible wrapper. They are ok. They might have some ginger candy.

I guess I tend to focus on the pastries and desserts, since many of the candies I have seen in Epcot can be purchased at World Market or my local gourmet grocery store. However, Japan has a really huge unique selection that I haven't found at home.

I did a candy crawl several years ago when I was sending a care package to my niece in college. It's a great idea but it does get pricey, especially in the UK. The only downside of getting candy from each country is they won't ship it back to your resort. You have to carry it with you and carrying chocolate around all day in the Florida heat doesn't end well!

I did this a few years back and it was glorious! I think it was the summer of the 2012 Olympics because I ate the candy while watching the countries compete, like the true nerd I am :rotfl:. Here's what stuck out...

UK - Cadbury! I think I chose the Flake candy, so good.

Canada - Maple candy was amazing

China - Hi Chews are still one of my favorite candies to this day! I buy packages on Amazon. Its like a Starburst/Laffy Taffy hybrid with delicious flavors - I love mango and apple.

Germany - Kinder chocolate was a package of skinny bars of filled chocolate and was very good.

I was able to get something from every country, I believe. It was fun and I'd definitely do it again!

When we did this, we actually asked the cast members working in each country what they would recommend trying as treats from their country, and so far we have not been disappointed. This made for a good opportunity for our kids to interact with the cast members without doing the hello/goodbye in their language or the kidcot stops, as they are getting older now :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!