• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Enough time to make ADR for arrival day. . .

LLLBelle

DIS Veteran
DFi and I arrive in Orlando at 7 pm (it may be change since Airtran has changed our flight time 4 times already) anyway, it is the first night of our honeymoon so we wanted to have a nice dinner to start things off. We are staying at BWV so we decided that we would make a reservation for Flying Fish at 9 pm. I have never used the Magical Express, so I just wanted to figure out if that was enough time. Also FF closes at 10 the night we are there so I really didn't want to feel rushed and we would probably get dessert to go.

I did mention to DFi that we could go to Beaches and Cream, or ESPN and not worry about reservations, but he wants to go to a nice place, so I'm not going to argue :laughing:

Hi,

DME usually takes 60-90 minutes from the time your flight arrives at the gate until the time you are walking into your resort. So, if your flight is on time, you should make your reservation. If it is delayed you could be in trouble, but you could always try walking in when you get there.

If FF closes at 10 that means they will not seat anyone after 10. They will not kick you out or rush you if you are in the middle of a meal at 10.

Enjoy your trip!

DFi and I arrive in Orlando at 7 pm (it may be change since Airtran has changed our flight time 4 times already) anyway, it is the first night of our honeymoon so we wanted to have a nice dinner to start things off. We are staying at BWV so we decided that we would make a reservation for Flying Fish at 9 pm. I have never used the Magical Express, so I just wanted to figure out if that was enough time. Also FF closes at 10 the night we are there so I really didn't want to feel rushed and we would probably get dessert to go.

I did mention to DFi that we could go to Beaches and Cream, or ESPN and not worry about reservations, but he wants to go to a nice place, so I'm not going to argue :laughing:

If it were me, I'd probably make it for a litttttle bit later if possible. If you arrive at 7:00 on the dot, figure you will be at BWV around 8:30 just to be on the safe side. Add the check-in, getting to your room and just taking a minute to soak in the Disney feeling and freshen up for dinner. Since FF is a Signature restaurant, you may not want to go in your travel clothes if you are anything like me (jeans, t-shirt & snuggie).

9:30 might be slightly better just for the sake of giving yourselves a little cushion and hey, if you arrive at your hotel in 60 minutes instead of 90, you can always go to the restaurant and check in early, maybe you'll get seated ahead of your ADR time.

Flying Fish is a great choice and I'm sure you'll enjoy the first meal of your honeymoon. Congratulations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter