England & France 2023

Peach026

Mouseketeer
Ahoy Ahoy ;)

Doing our first ABD and couldn't find a 2023 thread for this one, so adding. Anyone else going?
Looking for recs on MUST do's pre-trip in London. Already got our Warner Bros tour london tix! Travelers include kids ages 10 & 8. We are so excited we can hardly stand it!
Waiting for the DLP extension to get released so we can book that for our post trip. I'm getting impatient!

My daughter and I are going on this trip in April to celebrate her sweet 16. We are extending the trip for 2 days after for DLP. We booked DLP separately. Planning on tea at Kensington Palace, Harrods, a musical on the west end, Hopefully seeing the changing of the guard before the tour starts in London. Still trying to figure out what to do on our nights on our own in Paris.

I wonder if theres any advantage to booking the DLP through ABD v booking separately. I've been waiting to book with bc I dont want to try to navigate the DLP site separately hahahaha

I wonder if theres any advantage to booking the DLP through ABD v booking separately. I've been waiting to book with bc I dont want to try to navigate the DLP site separately hahahaha
In my opinion, that's the biggest advantage, not having to figure out the DLP website. Also, I believe you get a package of fastpasses (I've done the TokyoDLR add-on, not the DLP add-on, but if I remember correctly, they work pretty similarly). Also, it *should* include your transportation to DLP, and then your transportation to the airport afterwards. I'm not 100% sure of that, but that's how the TDLR add-on worked.

Has ABD definitely said that they'd be offering the DLP add-on?

Sayhello

In my opinion, that's the biggest advantage, not having to figure out the DLP website. Also, I believe you get a package of fastpasses (I've done the TokyoDLR add-on, not the DLP add-on, but if I remember correctly, they work pretty similarly). Also, it *should* include your transportation to DLP, and then your transportation to the airport afterwards. I'm not 100% sure of that, but that's how the TDLR add-on worked.

Has ABD definitely said that they'd be offering the DLP add-on?

Sayhello
From the ABD website it seems that a private car to and from DLP is included in the add-on.

The add on also says it includes the highest meal plan and staying in one of the nicer resorts; I'm curious if you can change those to save some money.

I went on the trip in December, 2022, and had the DLP addon. We stayed at Marvel Hotel.

At the time, it only came with breakfast every day, with no option to change. I see now that they changed that to include all meals. I agree that it would be nice to be able to choose the meal plan.

It didn't come with any fastpass or "premier access" although it mentioned it on the page then (it doesn't mention it now, so I assume it does not). Even during christmas, I don't think it was absolutely necessary to get premier access, if you were able to arrive to the parks early enough and take advantage of the early entry. The premier access was also double the base price they advertise on the site, I assume because of christmas. It was quite busy there once the afternoon hit, even during rain.
Surprisingly, even though it was cold (40's and lower 50's), riding the rides outside wasn't really too bad, as long as you had proper clothing.

They had quite a few christmas gifts for us in the room (macarons, disney themed christmas stocking, and some chocolates), I assume the gifts would be changed for different seasons. We did not get a stuffed toy or soft drinks as noted on the page, but the gifts we did get made up for it, for sure.

They arranged for a private car to take us from our ending hotel to DLP, and to take us from DLP to the airport, those went smoothly.

From the ABD website it seems that a private car to and from DLP is included in the add-on.

The add on also says it includes the highest meal plan and staying in one of the nicer resorts; I'm curious if you can change those to save some money.
We did this in 2018 with the DLP extension. Breakfast at your hotel was included each morning but we did not have to buy another meal plan. We also got a private car from the ABD hotel to DLP and one from DLP to CDG included. Definitely for what you are spending for the ABD spend the extra money to have DLP fully stress free. We stayed at the DL hotel which is right at the park entrance

Just got our box yesterday! The excitement is starting to build!
Oh that is SO exciting!

Does anyone know how to navigate… laundry?!?!?! Seems like a long trip to bring clean clothes for. I asked last time I called and the CM wasn’t totally sure what was avail - but said the tour guides should have info. We will be gone for a good 2 full weeks with our add ons. How do y’all do laundry??

We just brought enough clothes on our trip. I didn’t inquire about laundry, so I don’t know if it was available. on a few nights you had time in your own, so I guess you could if it was available.

We just brought enough clothes on our trip. I didn’t inquire about laundry, so I don’t know if it was available. on a few nights you had time in your own, so I guess you could if it was available.
I do the same. I'm on vacation; the last thing I want to think about is doing laundry!!

Sayhello

Add me to the no laundry gang. Although with all the luggage problems airlines have been having, I am really trying to pack mostly in a carry-on and then putting "extra" stuff in a checked bag. We head to London in a week, and it will be my first attempt for a 12 day trip.

Ming the weight of the checked luggage

Usually ONE 23 Kilos of Checked Bag Plus One 10kg Hand case

and a Small handbag per person

Remember Somebody has to Carry / Lift them

I think this may be another point in favor of using a group such as ABD. As folks who tend to schlep our own bags everywhere, we have gotten to the point of just accepting the cost as laundry as part of the cost of the trip, and factor in not paying to check more bags. Plus we don't have to worry about any bags being lost. Where we are able to we'll do it on our own while relaxing for a couple of hours or visit a laundromat, but where that isn't available we just pay for it to be done. I'll be spending a week in Europe before and a few days in Iceland after our next ABD, so we will absolutely be doing laundry once again. Probably twice. I can't imagine packing for 22 days without doing it. 14 days has been my max so far, but packing for one week is just so much easier. I can just bring my duffel and a carry on at that point, which means no wheeling on cobblestones as an added bonus. Plus I have clean clothes for a few days waiting for me at home instead of bringing home everything I own dirty! :laughing:

We're going with our 10 year old daughter on our first ABD to England and France in August. We're also hoping to add on DLP but have been told they're still working out their contracts with them before we can finalize those plans. We've never been to either country, so this will be a big trip for us!

We're going with our 10 year old daughter on our first ABD to England and France in August. We're also hoping to add on DLP but have been told they're still working out their contracts with them before we can finalize those plans. We've never been to either country, so this will be a big trip for us!
it's a great trip (we just went in december 2022), and DLP is very fun and a great way to end the trip.

Remember To bring Travel Plugs

England is a 3 pin Flat plug

France & Europe is a 2 pin Round Plug

AND a Chip & Pin Debit / Card

Remember To bring Travel Plugs

England is a 3 pin Flat plug

France & Europe is a 2 pin Round Plug

AND a Chip & Pin Debit / Card

Chip and PIN is not required in Europe. Almost all places will accept the standard US Chip and Signature card. The only place Chip and PIN may be required is vending machines.

-Paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter