• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

End of April ? Parks jammed ?

tiger4me2

DIS Veteran
I have a room only starting April 26ty leaving on May 1st. Wondering how busy the parks will be ? Super busy or manageable ? Will it still be spring break ? Any information will be welcome. Thanks. Don't want to go later in month of May.

We tend to always go that time. We're also going down April 26th this year. :) Last year, it was slower but still pretty busy. I recall walking around Epcot telling my DH that I was surprised at the crowds. I think it's a good time to pay attention to touring plan days and follow the suggestions.

When we called about Spring discounts at POFQ for late April/ early May they said they were excluded as the resort was full. They only had a few rooms available at the POR as well and couldn't even find any for our dates (Apr 26 - May 8). The CM told me if I wanted to book the Spring deal at another resort I should do it sooner than later as most of the resorts were filling up quickly.... if that's any indication, late April and early May are looking pretty busy.

When we called about Spring discounts at POFQ for late April/ early May they said they were excluded as the resort was full. They only had a few rooms available at the POR as well and couldn't even find any for our dates (Apr 26 - May 8). The CM told me if I wanted to book the Spring deal at another resort I should do it sooner than later as most of the resorts were filling up quickly.... if that's any indication, late April and early May are looking pretty busy.

I called & booked yesterday (Friday) I was able to get a club level room at the BWI under the 40% military discount which is the resort I wanted & club level. They implied that it was a good time to come. I will see. I looked at undercover web site & it said light to medium. pixiedust:

Also,there may be a "few";):) Cheerleaders at WDW that week.:)

15219770736_1b0c04ae4d_c.jpg

8707970269_2750c3acb4_c.jpg

I don't think it'll be bad- Easter is early this year, so the Easter crowds and most spring breakers will be gone!

POFQ is almost always excluded from spring discounts, according to what I've read on this board, bc it's such a small resort. They don't need a discount to fill it. Plenty of deluxe options available- I've been looking online.

OP: Late April and early May will be nothing like Christmas, nothing like Easter, and shouldn't be nearly as busy as July. You'll be fine.

We LOVE late April!! Weather is awesome, crowds are relatively low. We can't wait to do April again this year! :yay:

I don't think it'll be bad- Easter is early this year, so the Easter crowds and most spring breakers will be gone!

Late April and early May will be nothing like Christmas, nothing like Easter, and shouldn't be nearly as busy as July. You'll be fine.

:thumbsup2

Swimming weather right?

Is there a cheerleading comp then?

I don't know about the cheerleading, but the chance of it being warm enough to swim is pretty good. I know weather is very unpredictable, but the weather in late April/early May is usually great. It should be warm enough for swimming, but also comfortable for touring the parks :).

We are going around the same time. They don't issue many discounted rooms for those resorts because they don't have any trouble filling them. It doesn't indicate overall crowd levels. We go there about that time every year now and it's low to average crowd levels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter