"ENCHANTED TALES with ROB" - A Birthday/Christmas DISer Celebration! **NEW TR LINK**

Sounds like you had a great meet-up with Carrie and Riley!

I judge people on how they react to the first fifteen minutes of the movie "Up."

I've never gotten wet on Pirates, either. Splashed a little, but not wet. Was something off that night?

Thanks, Rob. Now I'm craving a dole whip float.

What a sweet update! That kind of stuff makes me melt. There is so much ugliness in the world, and then reading something like that just makes me smile.

I absolutely love that she decided to wear her birthday button because you had yours on.

And for the record, yes. Johnny Depp is good looking. Or something like that. And for some strange reason, it's when he's dressed at Captain Jack that he is at his finest pirate: :love:

yep it's official you are awesome because it's like they always say great minds think alike!

Anyone who gets teary during Wishes is a friend of mine too. It's a great sign that everything was going to go well. :)

Hahaha. Liberty Square Electrical Parade. Nice. It's also FLEP sometimes too then. :lmao:

Dude, seriously, I totally got soaked on Pirates this last time too!

I'm going to say you had some epic fails because you were on a Disney high.

Man, you totally had the best night ever. Disney friends...they're the best kind of friends. :goodvibes

Well, you guys certainly got a lot done together! So many rides!

But let's face it, that's not at all the highlight.

What a wonderful time spent together. I can understand being a little nervous, but I've met you and can see why Riley took to you so quick, you're just a nice person! Now I need to meet Carrie and Riley too, they both sound really awesome.

Loved this update so much! I'm feeling all sappy happy here.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

OMG YES!! I am in love with EMH Wendy. We did a ton.

Nope, you are so right about that.

Awwwwwww Wendy... :flower3: Trust me, you would/will love them, and they will love you too. I just had so much fun that night. They love Disney like the rest of us, which made this night so very special.

THANK YOU!!! I loved writing it and reliving it. Such a special night. I think you can see now how much fun you're going to have in September with the little ones.

Oh my gosh! What an update! I'm tearing up a little bit here! I not only cry during Wishes, but now your super-sweet updates as well! Jeesh!

Awww thanks Elena. It turned out to be such a special night. My main goal started as Wishes, but what followed actually surpassed even that.

Awe, I love how Disney can make us befriend people and feel like there's an instant connection.

Oh so true. It blows my mind that the shared love of a place can actually bring people together.

Between the latest updates from you and Glenn, I had to break out a new box of tissues!

Wow, what a fantastic night you had with Carrie and Riley. Kudos to you! Tweens can be tough. Believe me, I know. So being able to warm over Riley like that is huge!

But then I see that photo from the Pirates dump shop and I get it. :goodvibes

I can see why this was such a special day for you.

10 (actually 0) minutes at Peter Pan?!? That's even more unbelievable than 30 minutes at Swiss Family Treehouse. The only time I see PP with that kind of time is first thing in the morning.

Hahahaha, yes, I teared up a bit at Glenn's last update too (the bugger). But this story is just getting started.

It was so amazing Dee and I had so much fun. My theory on kids is pretty simple, and that's to treat them like people. It sounds kinda obvious, but it's so easy for adults to talk down to kids it seems. Just talk to them on their level (and not below their level) and get to know them as people. I was going to earn her trust, or die trying, lol.

I tell ya, when Carrie sent me that photo I just about died. I think it is the perfect representative of that night. Just loads of fun.

It so absolutely was.

I KNOW!!!!! I was so giddy over that. EMH is so awesome.

We watched that parade from Liberty Square, too. Although it was good, we were distracted by the crowds of peopling trying to push their way through the parade watchers. People watching can be fun, even when it is unintended. ;)

I've heard that the new boats are poorly designed and people are getting drenched. That would be really bad on a cold night in December.
You might need to add more kids to your Dismeets. You're a natural, maybe because you are a kid at heart, too. :thumbsup2

Now I've learned something new. We have been given those reds cards to take through rides before, but I guess I didn't realize that they were the things that changed the ride times. I'm not sure what I thought. :confused3 Maybe I'm just surprised that it takes someone walking through the ride to actually change the ride time. I guess that is why it isn't always accurate.

You know, even though this time was somewhat accidental, I've watched quite a bit from Liberty Square. There's a perfect spot near the stockades where the parade turns so you see it from the front AND the side. But I admit, people watching can be far more entertaining.

Yes, I've read quite a bit of reports since I got home about this. I thought at the time it was just a fluke, but it appears to be a real thing.

Aww thanks Sue. Honestly, any other kid would have a hard time (i.e. impossible time) replacing Riley.

Cool!!! I love teaching new things. Yup, that is how they set the ride times. They scan the card, hand it to a guest, and at the end, scan it again. Of course it only works if you actually give the red card at the end. But that's a story for later...

So before I get to individual comments, I just have to say that this update as a whole made me melt. Rob, you have such a talent for making us feel like we're actually there playing in the parks with you, feeling all the things that you feel. I study English and I'm surrounded by people who try to achieve this in their writing, and the fact that you do it so easily with a finance/accounting background is just AWESOME to me. OKAY done gushing.

I miss the Castle Dream Lights!!

I also select my friends by whether or not they cry during Wishes so I'm glad Carrie passed the test.

Hehehe LSEP. Good point.

OMG I got soaked on Pirates tooooo!!! It's the worst! You aren't expecting anything because it's not that big of a drop, and then BAM.

Love love love the fighting photo in the Pirates shop. You gotta love those unexpected moments of fun.

What a great CM at Peter Pan!! That was so sweet that she tried to get the time to 0 for you.

LOVE that Riley wanted to wear her birthday button just like you!!! Now if you'll excuse me, I must mop my melted heart up off the floor.

Aww Courtney!!!! :hug: How do I even top that? My God, now you got me gushing. The way I look at it is, when you have something worth writing about, it's so much easier. I may earn a living doing accounting/finance, but "the arts" are where my heart resides. Music, writing, all that stuff. Thank GOD for DISboards providing that outlet. And THANK GOD for people like you to read to it. Believe me, I wouldn't put near as much effort in if it wasn't for you.

Oh me TOOOO!!!!!!

Hehe, yup, she passed with flying colours. And quickly I might add.

Haha, yeah, I just can't call it "Main Street" at that point. I'm a stickler.

I can't even say I was shocked since that doesn't seem strong enough. I've been on that ride my whole life. We all actually screamed I think. Then we laughed.

That photo means so much to me. It just perfectly represents that night and really set the tone for the rest of the night. This was going to be very unique for me.

OMG it was so cute. She tried everything to change the wait time for me. I love that CM's get this stuff.

Trust me, THAT blew me away. I'd had such a perfect night, really felt like I'd connected, and then, BAM, waterworks.

Haha, great fun with Riley & Mom! My son would have loved to have you to sword or gun fight with! So cute! :)

And "fun" is the exact word Linda. Such a small word, but so perfectly descriptive. I had so much fun in that dump shop, it's insane.

loving your Trip Report! Can I ask what your latest t-shirt is about?

THANK YOU SO MUCH and WELCOME!!!! I'm so happy to have you join in. Do you mean the shirt I was wearing in the update? Of course you can ask.

Basically, most rides contain the following safety sign...

nd.jpg

Which is meant to warn again standing while riding. However, the right hand photo has become affectionately known as "No Dancing" here on the DIS and to many Disney folks. My shirt is a tribute to that. :)

Your sword fight photo is epic! Such fun times! I'm so glad that you had an awesome evening - including Wishes in the proper spot! :thumbsup2

This is really freaky but we were in MK for EMH that night as well and I have a photo of the Main Street clock almost exactly an hour before you were there. Goes to show that you had more stamina than us that night since we were on our way out by 12:30am.

And yes, I do believe that I've heard Johnny Depp is good looking or something! ;)

Oh Brenda, I LOVE that photo. Just truly representative of the whole night. It was awesome for sure. AND YES!!!!!! WISHES!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!

Oh wow. Freaky indeed. And if memory serves, you also have a photo of that clock from August at almost the EXACT same time. Great minds and all. It's also fascinating that you were there too considering the next night's events. And trust me, I would have stayed out all night if they'd let me.

Yeah, I've heard a rumour.

What an awesome meet! You guys sound like you had such a great time. But of course people would take to you, Rob. How could they not? ;)

You guys accomplished so much too. Look at you with all your rides that you got out of the way. Plus my two favorite MK rides? Pooh and HM? That's some good times there.

It's sweet of you to leave them some Mother/Daughter time even though the meet was happening. That's the way to do things. Four for you Rob, four for you :P

And awww how cute that she wanted to wear her button after meeting you! What a sweetie. I can't wait until we get to go with my cousins next year. I agree that probably going with kids would add an extra level of magic to the whole experience.

Oh Amber, you said it right. Just an awesome time. Awww, you are too sweet.

This was, unbelievably, my first night-time EMH, and boy did we wreck it. We did knock off a lot of stuff. I think I had more fun in the Pooh queue than the ride itself. Good times indeed.

Yeah, I thought that was important. They still had plenty of trip left (they just arrived that day), but I still felt it necessary.

That just tore me up it was so sweet. You know, I've always been a defender of the "Disney isn't just for kids" mantra, and I still am, but having now done some time with a kid in tow, it really is a whole other level of fun. You are going to love it.

a, very nice story Rob! Glad that the meet went well ... or, really, better than "well" - can totally understand being nervous but sounds like it went great! Really sweet that Riley wanted to wear her button just like you!

I mean, I can understand her not wanting extra attention since she probably already gets quite a bit of stares given that she has 2 hooks for hands and all ;)

Glad you got to totally suck in you (belated) Wishes goodness!

Thanks Phil. It really was better than well for sure. It was a wonderful and so fun night. The fact that by the end she wanted to wear her button too just cemented how great this night was.

BAHAHAHA, yeah, it's hard to hide her hook hands. Thankfully they came in "handy" (get it, handy) during our war.

Oh my goodness it felt like such an effort this trip to see Wishes. So no way was I missing it again.

Hi Rob, just wanted to tell you I sent you a friend request on FB. My sons friend has the cutest tee from D Land, it says "I don't tweet, I Quack" with you know who on the front. So cute! :donald:

When is your next WDW trip coming up? Perhaps Christmas again? :idea:

Linda :tink:

Yup you did. ;) Some of the Disney shirts are so darn clever. But I still want to work there because I have SO MANY untapped ideas.

Well, I just renewed my Annual Pass, but as of this moment I have nothing booked. I've been looking at September actually, so I can't imagine December would be doable too. But one never knows.

OKay Rob you're grounded!!
I didn't even make it past the first pic without crying because of how much respect you had for us before even meeting us but also because of the amount of magic you brought not only to our trip in December but even after.
OMg EH? LOL everyone always tells me "you say EH alot"I don't even realise it most of the time it just comes out!
Yes I cried at wishes and crying again now oh geez !
OMG I'm like in stitches over here laugh cry laugh .
My left leg was totally soaked on Pirates Like I'm talkin Splash Mountain soaked!!!!
that's one of my fave Disney pics too!
Honny depp IS apparently good looking OR SOMETHING!!!! Right brenda? :thumbsup2 Make him a pirate though n oh my he becomes a rather tasty treat!
Riley adores you so much and ever since then you've been a popular topic of conversation here Hailey can't wait for the day when she gets to meet you!I hope u don't mind cuddles cause she loves to give them !I was totally shocked because it usually takes ry quite a while to warm up Hailey is typically the one that takes to people easily.

WEndy Wu- we absoloutely need to have a dis meet at some point!!

along with anyone else here on the boards I'm always game!

Haha, aww c'mon. I wanna go outsideeeeeeee.
Awww Carrie. THANK YOU!!! And I really mean that... THANK YOU!! You both gave me a night I'll never forget.
I get that. Apparently I'll slip a few "eh's" in from time to time as well. But you have me beat by a mile. ;)
This is a good thing though.
That's how I like it. Create allllll the emotions.
THAT was insane. Clearly they changed something because, THAT was insane.
I love that photo. It just perfectly captures the night to me... fun.
Yeah, I've heard that rumour.
And I adore her right back, believe me. I miss that kiddo every day. I can't wait to see you all again... soon. I'm really looking forward to meeting Hail too. And no worries there, I love hugs. You know, when you told me that (about Ry) it really did make my whole night. I was so concerned with making sure she had fun that hearing that just made everything perfect.

Yes you do. You'd adore each other for sure.

What wonderful updates!!

AH! TINK IN TRAINING!! I know that friend of hers too (sorta…lol…tumblr & insta friends & I see her all the time in the parks now) that's awesome!!

Yay for fish & chips! The best you can get!!

What a lovely evening at dhs! I do love that you had SO many dismeets throughout this trip, they really do make it so magical, spending time with people who feel the same about disney as you do! lol.

Yay for the emh & getting along so well with carrie ann & her daughter, that is truly wonderful! It really does look & sound ike a fabulous evening!!

THANKS KATT!! Nice to have you back (at least for a little while, lol).

Oh wow that's cool. I was pretty stoked to see her almost all by herself. No waiting in line for me!

I want some RIGHT NOW!!! Seriously!

It was wonderful. You know as well as anyone how much of a difference it is to be in Disney with people who really get it. You all made this trip my absolute favourite.

My first EMH evening too. It's going to be pretty much impossible to top that one I think.

What a positively sweet update! I'm glad the time with Carrie & Riley turned out even better than you imagined and that spending the evening roving around MK with a pre-teen was not uncomfortable, but instead delightful! That sword fighting pic is absolutely adorable. :goodvibes

Aww thanks Kristy. It really did turn out SO much better than I could have even wished. They were both so wonderful and that kid is one of a kind. And OMG that picture just summed up the whole night. It was surpassed by one that will come later though...

What a sweet update! That kind of stuff makes me melt. There is so much ugliness in the world, and then reading something like that just makes me smile.

I absolutely love that she decided to wear her birthday button because you had yours on.

And for the record, yes. Johnny Depp is good looking. Or something like that. And for some strange reason, it's when he's dressed at Captain Jack that he is at his finest pirate: :love:

Aww gee Sue, your comment makes me smile. :)

OMG, I thought that was just the sweetest thing. I was genuinely touched by that so much.

Hehe, yup, that's the rumour.

Sounds like you had a great meet-up with Carrie and Riley!

I judge people on how they react to the first fifteen minutes of the movie "Up."

I've never gotten wet on Pirates, either. Splashed a little, but not wet. Was something off that night?

Thanks, Rob. Now I'm craving a dole whip float.

I sure did Annie. Just a super night.

Hahahahahaha, I like that.

I had never in my life. Apparently though, they changed something and it's a thing now.

OK, be honest. We're all ALWAYS craving a Dole Whip. ;)

yep it's official you are awesome because it's like they always say great minds think alike!

How do these rumours get started, lol. All right... he's good looking...

Anyone who gets teary during Wishes is a friend of mine too. It's a great sign that everything was going to go well. :)

Hahaha. Liberty Square Electrical Parade. Nice. It's also FLEP sometimes too then. :lmao:

Dude, seriously, I totally got soaked on Pirates this last time too!

I'm going to say you had some epic fails because you were on a Disney high.

Man, you totally had the best night ever. Disney friends...they're the best kind of friends. :goodvibes

THIS is so true Dani. It really did set the tone that this was going to be a fun night.

Absolutely!!!! I rename it depending on where it is at a particular time. Move It Shake It is the only true Main Street "parade".

I KNOW YOU DID!!! I almost died when I read that. I just kept thinking ME TOO!!! Clearly this is a real thing now and not just a fluke as it's being reported over and over.

Honestly, I think that's true. My mind was just racing all night. I just didn't want it to end. Where's a 24 hour party when you really need it?

I really did. I just had so much... fun. It was really unlike any I'd had before in Disney.

Lovely update!!! DISmeets just warm my heart!

Thanks Jillian. There's nothing like a good DISmeet because DISers just "get it".

Awesome update & another great dismeet. You're having such an amazing trip! The guy photographing your shirt cracks me up! Did he say anything to you? Or just take a pic & walk away?

It sounds like a perfect Disney night! :goodvibes:thumbsup2 I'm so glad you were able to meet even MORE DISers and have such a magical evening. Carrie and Riley seem like the sweetest people! I'm just sorry that It's a Small World wasn't open and you weren't able to enjoy it. Now THAT would have just been the icing on the cake! ;)

I totally got wet on Pirates last February and I thought the same thing. I was like since when do you get soaked on this ride?! Ha.

Have you decided on if you're going in September yet?

At least you remembered to turn in your red wait time card to be scanned correctly at Peter Pan. Last trip, they gave me one as I was entering Small World queue. You know how much I was looking forward to going back to this ride after October. :rotfl: Anyway, after trying to herd three kids on to the boat, trying not to get freaked out about the dolls that may or may not be coming to life to exact some form of human sacrifice, and then keeping the kids from standing up during the inevitable boat back up near the disembarking station, I didn't realize I was still holding on to the red card until I was getting off the boat. I had to sheepishly take it back to the CM standing at the front of the entrance and tell her I completely blanked out on this task. :goodvibes

Boy, your days appear to be completely packed with DIS meets! Everyone is going to want to include a meet and greet with Rob in their touring plans after all of these great and fun meets people are having with ya. :thumbsup2

So many epic fails and such a great night with a great DIS meet with Carrie and Riley. I mean, come on Rob, you couldn't go back and get a picture of a zero minute wait time??? :lmao:

What an awesome evening. It looks like the three of you are having a complete blast and its awesome that Riley totally took to you. But then again, I'm not surprised at all!

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

What a fun evening. Of course, I'd already read about it, but it was fun to read from your point of view too!

Ok, what was the treat? It looks like a citrus swirl, but without the swirl. The citrus swirl is one of my favorite snacks in all of WDW.

Was this the licked/non licked picture? :rotfl:

from raw-8962 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

:rotfl: to the "creepy" types rides! :upsidedow yep, positive you were sooo disappointed about HM replacing iasw for ride #1 of the night!

OMG, that's hilarious that a random guy came upon you, took a pic of your shirt, and disappeared into the night. Yup... Only at Disney. :rotfl2:

Wow! Crazy about the 10/0 minute wait for Peter Pan! Worth a picture for sure!

What a special evening with two very special ladies. :goodvibes

I had a little catching up to do!!

I laughed at your comment at the Friendship boat being such a "speedy" mode of travel. It's SO slow!! Haha, we could easily out walk that thing with a stroller! :rotfl:

Beautiful Osborne Lights photos -- along with another fun DISmeet...I'm jealous!

And then, your MK meet-up is just perfection....such an amazing thing to be able to meet someone new and have an instant connection! And I'm not at all surprised that Carrie and Riley enjoyed hanging out with you...you seem like such a fun, positive guy to be around! :yay:

Finally, your dole whip looks really bright orangey-yellow...did you feel like it was different? Mine seemed brighter in color in November...and maybe a little less creamy or something?! :confused:

Yay for getting a good spot for Wishes this time!

Nice stumbling upon that LSEP ;)

Sounds like you had a great time with Carrie & Riley :) You all look so happy and it definitely seems like you guys really clicked, so no awkwardness or weirdness! Can't beat EMH and getting to ride normally crowded rides with no wait!

Oh course she took to you - you are clearly amazing! :hug: I adore that pic from the dump shop! So much fun clearly being had!

And I may have a tendency to want to lick certain portraits as well. Ahem.

Rob, I know you have answered this question already but, what model Elph camera are you using again? I've been shopping and cannot remember. Your pictures are great. I'm sure it has something to do with the photography.

Thanks! pixiedust:

Ok Rob, you are officially my favorite Trip Report writer ever! In fact, I found myself "quote-ing" one of your lines at the beginning of this report this past weekend and my friends now think I'm a little crazier than before. (It's ok tho, they are Disney peeps too.) :dance3:

I just caught up with the rest of this report and will now be going to read your others! Keep writing please! You are awesome! :goodvibes

Hey Rob! Just wanted to let you know I'm still following your wild and crazy adventure here. Looking like you had a blast so far. Can't wait to read more. Also, I've started a PTR! It's in my signature!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter