Emerald Island

cantwait101

My profile name says it ALL!
We will be renting at Emerald Island in October. I know it is very close to Disney and is a gated community. Can anyone shed some light on the club house and if they serve food there? I am pretty sure I read somewhere they have a Tiki bar by the main pool area:cool1:
Also does the community have a play ground area for young kids?
Thanks all!

Emerald Island Resort is lovely.

Here is some info we spend a bit of time there every year.

Emerald Island Resort website:
http://www.emeraldislandhoa.org/outside_home.asp

Emerald Island Amenities

Facilities include:
24hour manned gated entrance
Club House
Concierge Service
Tiki Bar
Sundry Items
Special Activities & Events
2 Heated Swimming Pools
Large Sundeck with loungers
Whirlpool/Spa
Fitness Room
Video Arcade
Large Screen Nintendo Wii
Tennis Courts and Equipment Loan
Basketball Half Courts
Volleyball Court
Sauna
2 Childrens Play Area
Picnic/Barbecue Area
Nature Path
Business Facilities (including Free Wifi)
Cyber Cafe
Shuttle Service to Local Attractions (fee payable)
Newspaper Sales
Meeting Room
All day Free Coffee

I've rented a home at Emerald Island and while I didn't spend time in the clubhouse or at the other common areas, I can say that it is a beautiful community and very close to WDW as well as area restaurants and grocery stores.

Is Emerald Island experiencing the same issues as Windsor Hills is with the delays at the gate?

When it is busy there are delays because the security guards are checking all vehicles and all license plates are documented.

I do not care for the wait time but I do like the idea of the added security.

When it is busy there are delays because the security guards are checking all vehicles and all license plates are documented.

I do not care for the wait time but I do like the idea of the added security.

Thanks! :thumbsup2

Grocery Stores At the Junction of the 192 and Formosa Gardens Blvd. is Market Place a (Winn Dixie). If you turn left on the 192 and drive for approx 1 or so miles to Orange Lakes you will find a Publix Supermarket (on the right hand side). If you continue left on the 192, take the 27 north (right turn), just after you get onto the 27 there is a 24 hour Walmart with groceries. Turn right at the first set of stop lights to access it. The Walmart is set off the road with smaller stores/restaurants in front of it so it may not be instantly noticeable.
http://formosagardensvillage.com/

Grocery Stores At the Junction of the 192 and Formosa Gardens Blvd. is Market Place a (Winn Dixie). If you turn left on the 192 and drive for approx 1 or so miles to Orange Lakes you will find a Publix Supermarket (on the right hand side). If you continue left on the 192, take the 27 north (right turn), just after you get onto the 27 there is a 24 hour Walmart with groceries. Turn right at the first set of stop lights to access it. The Walmart is set off the road with smaller stores/restaurants in front of it so it may not be instantly noticeable.
http://formosagardensvillage.com/

Great! Thanks!! This will help TONS! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter