EM, what to do?!?!

Peanut

Mouseketeer
Hi,

I need to know who you would suggest for an EM for a custom wedding. I am going to request a new one. The one I have dropped the ball for his last time. I just don't believe him anymore. For months I have been waiting for him to do something I requested and he still hasn't done it. I met in June for a planning session and then I didn't even speak to him again until 2 weeks ago. I called and sent him emails, and he never responded! Not even once! When we finally talked, he did apologize and asked if we would give him another chance. We agreed to let him try again. He said that he would start a plan where he would call every other week on Thursday @3:30 to have a conference call with my Mom and I. Everything looked as though it would be OK. Today is the day for another conference call. Well guess what, yup, he didn't call and he STILL doesn't have the the paperwork that we requested from him back in JUNE! My mom called him at about 4pm and he said that he forgot to call us. That is not an acceptable reason! He also said that he has the paperwork ready and that he's going to fax it to my Mom. If that was true, why didn't he fax it already?!?! I don't believe a word that he tells me anymore, and that's NOT a good thing! He's a nice guy, really, but he's out to lunch! I just trust him nor do I believe him.

Sooo, who would you suggest as a replacement? Also, who should I contact about making this change?

Thanks guys! This is really upseting to me. It pretty much ruined my day, although I had a feeling he wouldn't call. I was hopeful!

We had Michelle R. Shumate and she was awesome!

I think it depends where your wedding is being held as to who can be your EM. I have Tracy Donaldson and he's amazing!

Elissa

I definately sympathize with you on this one. I am not at all impressed with my EM, either. After having a wonderful SM, who I loved talking to, I get assigned an EM who, in the 5 weeks since we were assigned, hasn't even called me!

I sent her an e-mail stating that I had a lot of questions, and got told, in essense, "I'm too busy with conventions to help you right now, wait a few weeks". I understand that they are busy and that is why they have "assistants", but if I wanted an assistant to plan my wedding, I wouldn't have signed up for a FTW. Besides, why aren't they EMs, if they can do the EMs job for them?

I sent an e-mail requesting cake info, and got a CD in the mail with pictures...No prices, no note, nothing, but my name mis-spelled on the envelope...

I'm not even sure what to think...I'm supposed to be having a great time planning my wedding, and instead I feel guilty because I ask my EM a couple of questions. What's wrong with this?

*le sigh* It's been a long week and I am tired, so I will end my rambling here...I just hope everyone elses planning is going great...

I know it is frustrating, but you can also call your sales manager or contact your EM's assistant - like a previous post said, it depends where your reception venue is as to which EM's are available to you - also, so close to your wedding if there are other weddings that day with similar reception areas (like Epcot), you may not be able to get another EM. I know your wedding is close and it is aggrivating not to get a quick response, -- the EM's are really busy and they will get to your paperwork - but their idea of timely from my experience means it will be done at some point before your wedding day (we didn't have a correct budget and have our payments put through until days before our wedding). Remember your EM is not the only one you can contact and is probably going to be the slowest to follow up because he is personally the one that spends the ENTIRE day with a couple at their wedding and reception etc, so if he is really busy, you will be on the back burner until he has time. I found that my EM's assistant and contacting my sales manager for things to do with paperwork was much more efficient. We weren't really impressed with our EM until the day of our wedding - he didn't make a great impression over the phone, but was great in person. Everything will fall into place - and remember, the guidelines (like payment schedule etc,) are all very general, not set in stone. Relax, check that all of your requests are noted with your EM's assistant, go over your final budget and make all the corrections you need - don't pay until it is right. And then all you have to do is show up!

Marne
06-16-03
WP/LS

You are probably right, Marn913. See the thing is, I really like this guy. He's very nice and fun to be around, but to get him to pick up the phone or send an email can be a daunting task! Maybe I should just trust him. It's soo hard when he has SERIOUSLY dropped the ball before. I guess I'll go with the theory of 3 strikes and your out and he's on number 2. But I am very serious about number 3! He had better not screw up or it's "YOU'RE OUT!" I really don't need to be stressing anymore over him. Wish me luck (him too)!

You guys have made me feel much better about this. I don't feel so alone. THANKS!!!!!!!!:jumping2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter