Eleven Days!

soontobehoyt

Earning My Ears
Only 12 days til my intimate wedding at DW and I'm going nuts! I'm so excited and nervous- my mood is inexplicable. Do any of you DW brides have any advice for me? How did you non Florida brides handle your dress on the plane? Getting my dress and accessories there is probably my biggest fret.

Congrats:D We leave in 11 days for our 1st ann. trip, so I'll think good thoughts for you when we're there!!

I had the dress and veil in a garment bag from the dress shop (e.g. not a true, large size garment bag) as my "carry-on". I was a little worried that it wouldn't be counted as a carry-on, but everyone was very nice and wished us congratulations, etc. I had a shoulder back-pack type thing as my "purse" and stuck all of the important non-wedding stuff in there plus our rings. DH had a backpack as his carry-on with our shoes and some other wedding stuff.

When they announced boarding for children and people needing assistance I went to the gate and asked if my dress could go on - just the dress, not me. They let me on anyway and allowed me to hang my dress in the 1st class closet.

On the way back I wasn't as worried about the dress, I also had the addition of a huge snowglobe as a carry-on and was allowed both of them and my "purse". Again they hung my dress in the closet. No problems, although I worried enough about it to be able to handle just about any situation;)

Best wishes!!

Congratulations on your up and coming wedding!

I put my dress in a garment bag and then folded it in the case. If gets creased dont worry because you can have it steamed at Disney! I carried my tiara and delicate pieces in my hand luggage.

I know how you feel about transporting your dress - I felt the same way! My dress went from the UK to Las Vegas, then onto Disney World and then onto the Disney Cruise before it was steamed and it came out all OK.

Don't worry too much it will be OK!

Have lots of fun.

Rosemary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter