• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Either on or off property where can I find

MamaBelle4

DIS Veteran
Cuban food. My sister wants some on our vacation. We live in rural PA and options are very slim here.

Someone else just asked about Bongo's.

Here's what I posted
I enjoyed our meal there. We were able to get a rather last minute ADR on Black Friday, right after the Drone Light Show, so it was perfect.
We were on the floor, near the stage and performers and really enjoyed them.
Especially DH as he has a (not so) secret thing for women of Hispanic descent. ;)
Service was very nice, manager makes a point to stop by all tables to chat with guests to make sure they are enjoying their night. I like that touch
We'd have no problems going back again though with so many places at DS to try it could be a while

Also, they have a walk up window which could also be an option for you, depending on what you want to eat.

And, if you have a car and want to venture to Tampa they have Ybor City (little Cuba)

We had a fantastic meal at Bongo's last year! Food and service were excellent and we loved the music and dancers. We would return in a heartbeat.

We will have to agree to disagree about it being anything even approaching authentic.
Is your family Cuban...? Mine is, and I find it to be a pretty good representation of meat/chicken and side dishes that I and my family make. (Can't speak to the seafood, as I don't eat it). I season somewhat differently/more aggressively, but I find the preparation of the many of the dishes to be accurate.

If you didn't like, you didn't like it. That's cool, we all have different tastes.

I found Bongo's to be under-seasoned, compared to Cuban food I've had elsewhere. That said, it was still tasty and we enjoyed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter